They are certainly going through the motions of accepting the outcome. It would be very foolish for any government to ignore the will of the people as expressed in the ballot box. According to the "experts", however, the result is not binding on them because you have a parliamentary democracy and don't have a written Constitution. That's why a general election could be their workaround, especially with both major political parties in favour of remaining. They simply have to call an election. Labour and the Conservatives can say that if elected they will reverse the decision and if the Brexiters like UKIP don't win a majority of Parliamentary seats (which they won't in a first past the post system) the new government can claim that they are representing the will of the people. All they need to take the bad look off it is for the EU to make a few changes that can be spun as major reforms. P.S. to Sorrowful Heart. I saw one guy on a financial programme recommend that the UK join the North American Trade Agreement (I think that's what he called it) and forget about Europe altogether. It was a half-joking kind of remark.
Trump will have some of the Best and Brighest for Admin...No doubt! He runs a lean n well run campaign.Hes very out spent but delivers a superior product- Positive results # MAGA # TrumpTrain
I have questions about Trump lately, there is a theory going around that Trump will botch his campaign just enough so hillary will squeak by. It often seems like this is the case.
Padraig, Are you a FREE Ireland person or a EU person. What's the majority of people saying. Brother al
Hate to drag up old threads but with the ongoing push to stop Brexit from happening it has peaked my interest yet again because it seems that the will of the people are little consequence to the elite who know what is good for you and are beyond being held accountable. At some point, the people may just have to put an exclamation point on their wishes the way this is heading. https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/status/1176789305114730497
Should be an interesting show today for Nigel. Boris's reworked deal is lipstick on pig according to him. I look forward to hearing more of what he has to say about it. His livestream starting at 10
I am praying for the ongoing health and well-being and safety of HM Queen Elizabeth. Mostly because I'm rather certain Prince Charlie Horse wouldn't stand strong for Brexit/majority vote.
This Irishman has a particular perspective on the issue, although it's not so important in the grand scheme of things. I hope today's agreement is implemented because it will serve the dual purpose of giving the mainland British the hard brexit they voted for, while allowing the North of Ireland to take another major step to reunion with the rest of the island. Which is only fair, because the North voted to remain in the EU. I wouldn't agree with the view that Britain is somehow escaping something in its leaving the EU. I have come to believe that, corrupt and insane as the EU undoubtedly is, Great Britain is gone much further down this road. The latter has become far more enthralled and enchanted with the modern evils of abortion, euthanasia, transgenderism, homosexuality, anti-Islamophobia, environmentalism and so on than any other state in the EU. Remember, the British stood idly by for years while many young girls, some pre-teen, were knowingly raped by Pakistani gangs in their midst. This is a nation that has had its soul whittled out.
I dislike saying much, being an American (USA definitely has enough of its own troubles), but I must admit to being seriously shocked in recent years. Frankly, the entire "EU" situation has seriously shocked me. Not 8 years ago (??) Germany was bailing out Greece, on the verge of bankruptcy, and France (especially?) was already having troubles around Muslim immigration/integration. I would've thought all that enough cause for caution/control, but apparently...over the cliff's edge! As for USA (not wishing to derail this thread), I sincerely hope we can have a HARD STOP to mass shootings especially.