Do you know, back in the 1960s when I was young people used to say; "Who wants to go to Church, it is all doom and gloom at Church." Well guess what. They all stopped going to Church and now it is all doom and gloom everywhere. If you give me a choice I'd settle for half an hour of doom and gloom on a Sunday morning for a happy, prosperous, fulfilled week, instead of what we get nowadays.
http://www.churchmilitant.com/news/article/isis-plans-to-attack-vatican-hindered ISIS Plot to Attack Vatican Foiled (and the Israeli Embassy) I am no history buff so anyone here who is can shoot this idea down but I keep wondering if all of these terrorist activities can be linked back to "The Soviet war in Afghanistan resulted in the deaths of over 1 million Afghans, mostly civilians,[46][47][48] and the creation of about 6million refugees who fled Afghanistan, mainly to Pakistan and Iran.[" Refugees fled to other countries like the US also. Maybe this is what the Blessed Virgin Mary wanted to prevent.
Anybody here, STILL, think that Christian persecution just happens "Over-There"? ..Eh!!?? It's gonna be a Long-Hot Summer past Christmas this year ... I'll wager the "Farm" on it!! ...... Europe too!! ...... Got Prepared ... Yet!!!?? "Department of Education Publishes ‘Shame List’ of Faith-Based Colleges Seeking Title IX Exemption From Transgender Anti-Discrimination Rules" http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...n-from-transgender-anti-discrimination-rules/ GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!
In a sense you're right. Go watch "Charlie Wilson's War" for a summary of what was going on in the background: a proxy war with the Soviet Union; Afghan fighters (eventually, and secretly) supported by the US Govt. eventually forces the USSR to leave. Then the idjits and pencil-pushers in Washington, thinking the job was done, cut funds to help the Afghans rebuild. Since America wasn't there to promote Western ideas, this created a vacuum for ultra-conservative madrassas to be created, forming the basis for Al-Qaeda and ISIS. On the plus side, many of the Afghans returning have been exposed to Christianity and a goodly number are secret Christians, which would not have happened if they hadn't become refugees.
This site has links to different religious exemption lists: http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/frontpage/pro-students/rel-exempt-pr.html
I should have been clearer in my statement, I didn't mean that the refugees that I mentioned are to blame for anything directly. I meant simply that this may be an event that led to another event and another and so on, and now we have what we have. This original event may have caused more hatred by some or simply a better opportunity for the radical groups...I think that is what you are saying and I agree. I remember hearing of that movie but I have never seen it. I also should have stated that I think that this is just one of the things that Our Lady was trying to worn us about. I think that there are several but 4 main things. 1. More sinning world wide. 2. More persecution of Christians (Russia involved here directly and indirectly). 3. More terrorist acts (Russia involved here mainly indirectly) and 4. A problem in the church. I also wonder if #4 is the missing part of the secret, why would they not give a view of an apocalyptic event? We can read Revelations for that. Just my opinion.
Have a look at this Carol: And read this interview with Mr. Brzezinsky in 1998: http://williamblum.org/essays/read/...-union-into-invading-afghanistan-and-starting
Brzezinski: What is most important to the history of the world? The Taliban or the collapse of the Soviet empire? Some stirred-up Moslems or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the cold war? Brzezinski: Nonsense!... There isn’t a global Islam. Look at Islam in a rational manner and without demagoguery or emotion. It is the leading religion of the world with 1.5 billion followers. But what is there in common among Saudi Arabian fundamentalism, moderate Morocco, Pakistan militarism, Egyptian pro-Western or Central Asian secularism? Nothing more than what unites the Christian countries. The above represent the words of a fool. He is so stupid as to not recognise that which unites the various groupings he describes, nor that it most certainly does not resemble that which unites Christians. And to think that idiots like this ruled, and continue to rule, the world. May the Lord God have mercy on us all.
And we have this.... http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...s-reconnaissance-plane-over-baltic/ar-BBsqPI2 Russia defends intercept of U.S. reconnaissance plane over Baltic http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...p-on-syria/ar-BBsujrl?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=UE07DHP US once again forced to turn to Russia for help on Syria http://www.msn.com/en-us/video/othe...nts-seen-as-clear-threat-to-turkey/vi-BBpZTW4
Another horrible story. http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...sea-search/ar-BBtdSDs?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=UE07DHP I stopped watching the news and I haven't read the paper in years, I was getting my news from yahoo and then for awhile I wasn't looking at that either, then I recently have been getting MSN news online. Maybe I should stop using that portal.
Carol, We, The West, are doing exactly what we did in the 30s! That is, we are appeasing Dictators-n-Monsters be they in Russia, China, Iran, North Korea, Iraq, .... or... It will end exactly as it did in 1939 ... Blood, Tears & Terror. GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!
No, because when Godzilla starts approaching your city, you'll be totally clueless as to why people are screaming and running in terror.
Not all dictators are bad. In 1939, Franco was saving Spain from Bolshevism. He provided little material help to Hitler or Mussolini and any Jews that crossed over into Spain from France found themselves unhindered. I don't think democracy is working out very well, either-when Churchill proclaimed it the least worst form of government, I suspect he may have erred.
+ Democracy which recognizes that our rights come from God and that He is our only King, is unstoppable. Democracy without morality is self defeating because when the people care only about themselves, and not their neighbor, chaos is not far behind. We in the U.S.A. have the best form of government and constitution, the only question is, can we keep it? We have distanced our great nation so far from our Father in Heaven that He is going to give us what we want. I hope we return to Him quickly when we taste the bad medicine to come. Peace, Ed
I wouldn't be so confident about democracy. It's Greek founders were very sceptical about it and it eventually culminated in tyranny in Greece. The problem with democracy is that it opposes the notion of hierarchy, which is the natural order of things, and tends to make a 'god' of man. It, by its very nature, is reluctant to grant recognition to God at the expense of the 'rights of man'. Additionally, it is almost the perfect system to engender mob rule, once the proper means of manipulation are available (most particularly universal communication systems and miseducation). America functioned very well for quite a while, though short in historical terms, not because of democracy but despite it, due to its inherent moral integrity which was a function of the high Christian religiosity of her people. This is now wearing off and unhindered democracy has begun to kick in.
You might be interested in the video that Richard67 posted on this thread, it briefly discusses what you are discussing about. I wonder if the book that is discussed is good. http://motheofgod.com/threads/ameri...l-it-take-to-make-it-happen.9217/#post-131694
Some long forgotten worthy once said: "Democracy is the graveyard of Republics" Our Founding Fathers did not set up a "Democracy" and in fact warned us against such a concept. They did their best to shield us from what they knew would, no doubt, come ........ it has come! I can't help but wonder if the author of "The Decline and Fall of the American Republic" has been born yet? GOD SAVE THE REPUBLIC & ALL HERE!!