Bishop has vision of Jesus. What we should all do!

Discussion in 'Mother of God' started by lynnfiat, Apr 21, 2015.

  1. Julia

    Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

    Just to say Hi ! Claire A. I think we share the same Bishop (Philip) Egan, in Portsmouth, UK ?

    He came to our parish a couple of years ago and shared with us a Theologians perspective on the ideologies we face in our time.

    I only understood to some degree where he was coming from, thanks to Mark Mallets' writings. God bless him.

    I feel however most of what he shared went over the heads of many present that evening. But the greatest impression he gave me was, his unity with Holy Father Pope Benedict at that time. I got the chance to say to him personally, "Thank you for standing back to back with the Holy Father." His reply to me was "Thank you, please pray for me, I have great need of prayer. " And I felt he really meant it when he asked for prayer.
     
  2. Clare A

    Clare A Powers

    Hi Julia - yes we share the same bishop. I think he's wonderful, but unlike you have not met him or had the chance to tell him how much I appreciate what he is doing and saying. I am sure he does need our prayers because the enemy focuses his fire on men like him. If only we had more bishops who are not afraid to tell it as it is.

    Pope Benedict's writings have a lot that is relevant about our times. I've been reading about him recently and it's clear that he believes that we are facing the breakdown of our culture, which has preserved the faith (although incompletely of course). In fact Ratzinger the theologian has throughout his career made a point of addressing the issues of the current age, as did our beloved Pope John Paul II.
     
    BrianK, Julia and Beth B like this.
  3. Beth B

    Beth B Beth Marie

    Amen Fatima!!! The power of the rosary....it is real! If you accept Fatima, you must believe in the power of prayer.....especially the rosary! It can change anything!
     

Share This Page