Bad Omen?

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Torrentum, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Mac

Mac Guest

Seagull.....“He spoke of very simple things- that it is right for a gull to fly, that freedom is the very nature of his being, that whatever stands against that freedom must be set aside, be it ritual or superstition or limitation in any form.

"Set aside," came a voice from the multitude, "even if it be the Law of the Flock?"

"The only true law is that which leads to freedom," Jonathan said. "There is no other.”
    Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull

2. Mac

Mac Guest

3. garabandal

garabandal Powers

4. Mac

Mac Guest

5. Andy3

Andy3 Powers

Terrible indeed. I guess the evil one really did not like that cross or the significance of two new saints to come.

6. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

Pope Francis quote...
    Each of us has a vision of good and of evil. We have to encourage people to move towards what they think is good... Everyone has his own idea of good and evil and must choose to follow the good and fight evil as he conceives them. That would be enough to make the world a better place.
    Pope Francis

Jonathon Livingston Seagull quote...You don't love hatred and evil, of course. You have to practice and see the real gull, the good in every one of them, and to help them see it in themselves. That's what I mean by love.”
    Richard Bach, Jonathan Livingston Seagull
    View attachment 2320 Bad theology.

little me likes this.
  7. davidtlig

davidtlig Guest

A little background on the author of the 'Seagull' quote:

Richard David Bach is widely known as the author of the hugely popular 1970s best-sellers Jonathan Livingston Seagull, Illusions, The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah and others. His books espouse his philosophy that our apparent physical limits and mortality are merely appearance. He claims to be a direct descendant of Johann Sebastian Bach. He is noted for his love of flying and for his books related to air flight and flying in a metaphorical context. He has pursued flying as a hobby since the age of 17.
    He's been married three times (divorced twice) and had six children by his first wife.

I think I'll keep with Pope Francis, Mac.

8. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus Archangels

And here again is that stumbling block (for me) of living according to ones conscience.
    If it was that simple I should teach my kids nothing - their uninformed conscience should get them into heaven, even if I rot in hell.
    But that's not God's covenant with Abraham.
    Help!!!!!!

9. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

Yes David. I am aware Richard Bach Theology is rubbish. I suggest you look through the thread. And then try and match up some yourself...

Pope Francis quotes...http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/p/pope_francis_4.html

Seagull quotes...http://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/1743336-jonathan-livingston-seagull

10. little me

little me Archangels

Follow your own conscience!!?? Uhhh.....no. Your conscience has been distorted by the society in which you live. Now, uniting your conscience to the will of God (known to us through the scriptures, traditions and doctrines of the Church) is the proper theology.

FatimaPilgrim likes this.
  11. miker

miker Powers

Jeanne likes this.
  12. little me

little me Archangels

Yep, just read your link and it sums up to what I said above. Your conscience must be informed.

13. little me

little me Archangels

Pope Francis quote...
    Each of us has a vision of good and of evil. We have to encourage people to move towards what they think is good... Everyone has his own idea of good and evil and must choose to follow the good and fight evil as he conceives them. That would be enough to make the world a better place.
    Pope Francis
    So the Muslims are doing "good" according to their own conscience. Abortionists are doing "good" according to their own conscience. These 2 examples are a perfect examples as to why this theology is bogus and evil. Ever hear an abortionist say they are "helping" these poor women - they truly BELIEVE they ARE doing "good". Boy that quote burns my a$$!

14. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

Conversion and evangelization :)

Catholics have a different set of standards they must follow. As we grow in Holiness (everyone called to sainthood) the rules of God become easier to see. But the small sins of a superstar saint might be much greater then the great sins of a ordinary saint like you and I. So, as saints, some of us read Papa Francis's words and not understand exactly why he would make such statements. He is trying to save as many souls as possible.

Everyone is on a different spiritual level trying to touch God. Maybe those that are not from our faith or those that are lacking faith... it is good to teach the basic concept to follow good not evil. This simple concept may start the conversion process. The sad part to all this is...Catholic readers read this and start arguing how these statements are not true Catholic dogma. It is possible that this is a starting point in the conversion experience.

May Gods Will be Done

Last edited: Oct 31, 2014
    Jeanne likes this.
  15. little me

little me Archangels

I disagree, all that statement does is pacify the sinner. "Hey, as long as you feel like what you're doing is good then it's ok". THEY ALL THINK THEY'RE DOING GOOD! Is this not the lie the devil sells them?
    Euthanasia - "she's suffering, we're helping her" "it's not good to suffer" "we're putting her at peace"
    Abortion - "she's too young/broke, it's better for the child not to grow up in poverty"
    Population reduction "it's for the better of mankind" "we're helping save the earth"
    All bullcrap! Relying on your own unguided conscience removes God from the equation.

16. fallen saint

Not true little me,
    You and i and hopefully 1 billion catholics understand that...we are past the just do good part of conversion. When you were a child, what was the very first thing we learn and do. Always do good. As your spirituality grows you begin to search for the truth and God. Most of us believers, are way past this stage in spirituality.

We are all in different stages of spirituality...it comes down to believer and non-believers. Our Holy Father currently has a huge burden...Our Lord will judge him much harsher then the rest of us. God might say "dearest son, did you do all you could to save souls". Our Holy Father will have to answer that question.

Brother al

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
  17. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Guest

from Pope Francis address at the conclusion of the synod....."
    Dear brothers and sisters, now we still have one year to mature, with true spiritual discernment, the proposed ideas and to find concrete solutions to so many difficulties and innumerable challenges that families must confront; to give answers to the many discouragements that surround and suffocate families.

One year to work on the “Synodal Relatio” which is the faithful and clear summary of everything that has been said and discussed in this hall and in the small groups. It is presented to the Episcopal Conferences as “lineamenta” [guidelines]."

That sounds nice but it implies that what we are doing now is immature and that is troubling to me. Jesus says to enter in through the narrow gate.

18. fallen saint

Mary Anne,

1. If you are not married in church (sacrament) and get divorced are you able to receive Holy Communion?
    2. Should children from divorced parents be allowed to be baptized?
    3. Should children from gay couples be baptized?

The main issue i see...can the church deny sacraments from innocent children because of their fathers/mothers sins?

If you were never married in Church (Sacrament of Marriage) do you even acknowledge the divorce. Therefore, canon law states you were never married?

Some questions will need to be answer...but dogma will not be changed.

Maybe, in certain circumstances, a few more souls will be able to receive the sacraments.

Brother al

19. Mary Ann

Mary Ann Guest

God's mercy is always just.

20. MMM

MMM Guest

The Pope is casting out a net and a life line to all people of good will that struggle with right and wrong especially those of other faiths or no faith. This is a great statement in my opinion becuase it's 100% true! Most everyone has a conscience (some mentally ill dont) that has it's own understanding of right and wrong. The thought that somehow for example, a small muslim child programmed by his father to hate and kill and ends up growing up killing can't be saved is part of this problem of our Catholic, draw a line in the sand ways. Where is the love, where is the mercy? The same as there is a big difference with one woman knowingly killing her unborn for fully selfish reasons and is aware of it being wrong and the yound girl, scared, alone and thinking this is best, not knowing better or knowing God yet. God's mercy if unfathomable, UNFATHOMABLE. (look up the definition) Jesus said this to Faustina. This is open to all not just the "club". If you are not praying for every person and their soul for the sinful actions you see and hear about I would imagine God will see you a judging people instead of helping them.

We can judge sinful actions being wrong but can we judge the state of one's soul? I don't think so.

I certainly am not preaching, I struggle massively in this area.

Peace.

Eamonn and fallen saint like this.