The first thing I thank Him for is the same as the first thing on your list - His suffering and dying on the cross, because He loves me (and every single human being) so much. The second is for His gift of Faith to me. It took me years of seeking before I was finally given this gift, and it was given me to the fullest. I am so, so grateful. Without it, I would have been heading to Hell for sure; and also, life would be so hard to live. The third is for giving us Mary as our Mother. I am certain that it was she who led me to her son, Jesus. The fourth is for giving Himself to me (us) every day, in the Eucharist; that He may continue to live in me and I, in Him. And then I thank Him for everything else.
I'll have my wife join me in prayer for you, maryrose. For a number of years she was a radiation therapist, so she better understands your treatment protocol. Besides, she's a precious prayer warrior. Safe in the Father's Arms!
One thing I am always grateful for each week is the Sacrament of Confession. Such a huge, huge gift. The ability to start over again. I try to go every week and it fills me with such joy. I saw an African lady in full tribal dress and her son go today, which was strange but very nice.
Padraig, and all who prayed for me I can never thank you enough. I pray that God will double your blessings. I have felt myself very carried along in prayer and like all shocking changes I am happy with all that happened. I feel I have come to a new place in my life and it's a positive place.
I feel so sorry for people who face huge Crosses without Faith. How ever do they cope? Faith makes sense of everything. But how to cope when it all seems senseless? Anyway praying away.
Yes. So beautifully said. And so true that faith is a gift. A pure generous gift from God. A very good reminder.