Another little cross

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by "Quis ut Deus", Feb 5, 2014.

  1. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

    I come to my friends today to ask yet again for powerful prayer...

    It is with great sadness and heavy heart I have found out that my daughter is dating a 27 year old separated married man who has a young child what makes matters worse is he is also addicted to drugs..please friends help me lift my very very heavy heart and soul to God in prayer I just don't know what to think or do my heart is broken...Pray please as I cant find the will to do so...
     
  2. Fatima

    Fatima Guest


    QD, Nothing hurts more then to see ones child leave the light for the darkness. It is heart wrenching. Only thing I can say is, give it over the hearts of Jesus and Mary. They alone can heal a broken heart. Its seems all we have left is our prayer life assisted by penance. Perhaps this is what will draw God's mercy for us and those who have wandered from the light. Will keep this in prayer as well as for all on MOG.
     
    "Quis ut Deus" likes this.
  3. miker

    miker Powers

    Our brother, QD, we are with you, but more importantly God is with you and your daughter at this very moment.

    Go to His Word for comfort and remember what the Psalm says:

    "The LORD is close to the brokenhearted, saves those whose spirit is crushed."- Psalm 34:19

    He is very, very close to you now. I will raise you in prayer and your daughter.

    “God, you care deeply for broken-hearted people. This is a promise you make: You are close.We pray for all those who are crippled by broken relationships.Our hearts take the blow of disappointment.We feel crushed because our hopes are dashed.God, heal broken hearts.We cannot fix our own wounds.But you can. If pieces of our heart have been lost, or are held captive by another, recover them and bring them back to us and miraculously “put us back together” so that our heart is whole again.You are a mender of broken hearts.We ask for this miracle, in the name of Jesus.”
     
  4. RoryRory

    RoryRory Perseverance

    I will pray for you and the whole situation-I know how it feels to be broken hearted but never give up hope--Our Blessed Mother please help!!!
     
    "Quis ut Deus" likes this.
  5. PotatoSack

    PotatoSack Powers

    God is with you Q. I'll pray for you both tonight.
     
    "Quis ut Deus" likes this.
  6. Mario

    Mario Powers

    Quis ut Deus,

    I disagree. It is a big, not a little, cross! It strikes at the very heart of your fatherhood, and the hopes you hold for your daughter. Your pain reminds me of Psalm 69 which is a prophetic Psalm of the Cross:

    Answer me, O Lord, in your generous love. In your great mercy turn toward me! Hide not your face from your servant. Hasten to answer me for I am in distress!

    Come and redeem my life; because of my enemies, ransom me. You know my reproach, my shame and my disgrace! Before you stand all of my foes.

    Insult has broken my heart and I despair! I looked for compassion, and there was none; for comforters, but I found none. Instead, they have given me gall for my food, and for my thirst they gave me vinegar!


    Let this be a Gethsemane for you! But realize that this time Peter, James, and John have not fallen asleep! We are staying close and praying for your daughter, you, and your wife!

    Jesus we trust in you! Discouragement will not win out! Like the prodigal's father, pray and wait for her return! Your daughter will come back to her senses!

    Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!
     
  7. kathy k

    kathy k Guest

    Just as the enemy attacks the Blessed Mother's children in order to hurt her, so he also attacks our children.

    "Oh, queen of angels, send your best ones to do battle for this child. Jesus, you came to set the captives free. Wake up your wandering children; give them light; encounter them, that not one will be lost. Jesus, we trust in you."
     
    Mario, jerry, "Quis ut Deus" and 2 others like this.
  8. bflocatholic

    bflocatholic Powers

    Praying too. "Remember O Most Gracious Virgin Mary..."
     
    "Quis ut Deus" likes this.
  9. prayers done~!
     
    "Quis ut Deus" likes this.
  10. picadillo

    picadillo Guest

    Rosary for all involved.
     
    "Quis ut Deus" likes this.
  11. Jackie

    Jackie Archangels

    QD, :love:

    I have one child who has done some crazy things. Rosary for your daughter. You could say to Jesus, "I offer You the pain of this Lord."
     
  12. "Quis ut Deus"

    "Quis ut Deus" ADMIN Staff Member

    Thank you all
     
  13. padraig

    padraig Powers

    You and your wife do not have far to seek your Cross John.

    Praying to St Therese.
     

Share This Page