Announcements.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by padraig, Jul 4, 2020.

1. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

It's detachment, all right.:):LOL:
    Must be happening in some form to each one of us as we draw nearer to God.
    "Nearer My God to Thee." The orchestra was playing that hymn as the Titanic went down. It's ironic, don't you think? :coffee:

Mary's child, Beth B and AED like this.
  2. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

I think so many of us are silently suffering with this issue. I can deal with it only because I totally trust that if we pray and make sacrifices for our loved ones, God will honored our trust in His Divine Mercy to guide them back into His fold.

Julia, AED, Mary's child and 2 others like this.
  3. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

I feel the same way. My main concern is getting them all to Heaven and myself as well.

4. padraig

padraig New Member

Strange, I tried to find a Church open yesterday, Sunday, and they all seemed locked. Perhaps because of the large country crowds that go? Or perhaps new mass times? So sad. Disconcerting.

5. padraig

padraig New Member

I brought my little brass Cross with me, hold it at nights, kiss it and talk to it often. Such a Catholic thing to live the Physical things. I feel an old friend with me.

The Crucifix is such a Great Consolation at the moment.

6. padraig

padraig New Member

I admired the young families in tents in the rain and cold. They seem so very, very happy. It reminds me of the Holy Family in the Flight to Egypt. I suspect that they would have been happy to with the new baby in their arms.

A baby who happened to be the God child..

7. garabandal

garabandal Powers

A few churches in the Midlands of Ireland have not opened because too many come to Mass in those parishes so they coudn't cope with the numbers under current restrictons.

https://www.rte.ie/news/leinster/2020/0705/1151462-churches-mass/

But Mass times may well have changed -- there is a 2 hour gap between Masses Sunday morning in our parish to allow for cleaning after the first Mass.

Really strange times - the church was basically empty at the main Mass -- we only had about 20 people at our Mass - communion was given out after Mass was over and you had to leave the chapel straight away. The priest wore mask and gloves giving out communion (he is diabetic) and he gave communion out on golden tongs through a wooden box with a perspex shield with a small, square opening and only onto hands. The design made it impossible to receive on the tongue. It was the wierdest feeling in the world yesterday like some kind of twilight zone.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  8. Sean Dowling

Sean Dowling Angels

Every sub ato
    They are being cautious to the point of appearing to lack any courage at all. Sure take precautions but the Mass is worth going beyond overcautiousness.
    In the Midlands they could have put on more masses and announced it so people would be prepared. If a bus route was busy they'd put on an extra bus.
    Lame excuses.
    If our priest of today were present under the cross they'd have worn PPE. And maybe Polaroid glasses to protect from the glar of the beatific vision.

9. padraig

padraig New Member

It is weird. Well anyway I got to mass this morning.

From what the priest said the first mass since the lockdown, so no mass yesterday.

HeavenlyHosts, Mary's child and AED like this.
  10. padraig

padraig New Member

Sigh. I agree with everyone.

I am glad to see someone thinking along the same lines as myself. I fear I am turning into a super crank .

I take such a very, very dim view of so much going on now.

Julia, Beth B, HeavenlyHosts and 2 others like this.