All you need to know about the third secret

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by Blizzard, Nov 21, 2022.

1. Mario

Mario Powers

Thank you for these insights, Andree!:)

2. andree

andree Powers

You're welcome!

Here is a funny anecdote, not inspired by heaven but by google: before AED suggested it could be a thurible, I was searching for objects that could correspond to that ball on a chain that Our Lady has in her hand and found this definition of the expression ball and chain:

1. (formerly) a heavy iron ball attached to a chain and fastened to a prisoner
    2. a heavy restraint
    3. slang a wife

The allusion being to the presumption that a man's wife held him back from doing the things he really wanted to.
    Hmmmm...

Mary's child, PNF, Lois and 2 others like this.
  3. AED

AED Powers

The word that jumps out at me is restraint. The Restrainer St Paul speaks of. Hmmmm.

Mary's child, andree, Lois and 2 others like this.
  4. Mario

Mario Powers

"Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit, I adore Thee profoundly. I offer Thee the most precious body, blood, soul and divinity of Jesus Christ, present in all the tabernacles of the world, in reparation for the outrages, sacrileges and indifference by which He is offended. By the Infinite merits of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg the conversion of poor sinners”.

Unless there is an unexpected time constraint, I always pray this prayer before leaving the Sacred Presence of Jesus whether in the Holy Tabernacle or exposed in the Monstrance.:notworthy:

Mary's child, Sam, AED and 5 others like this.
  5. AED

AED Powers

Me too Terry. Always.

josephite, Mario and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  6. Blizzard

Blizzard thy kingdom come

Good input.

I found the version I posted after a Google search. I am not at all certain it’s the actual version found at Tuy.

Mary's child and Carol55 like this.
  7. Blizzard

Blizzard thy kingdom come

Thanks.

Now that we know that he did say that how does it connect to the third secret.

josephite, Mary's child and Carol55 like this.
  8. PNF

PNF Archangels

The authentic Third Secret can be found on this page (which a handwriting analysis has revealed):

https://www.traditioninaction.org/Questions/B352_Secret.html

English Translation
    Tuy September 1, 1944 or April 1, 1944

JMJ

Now I am going to reveal the third fragment of the secret: This part is the apostasy in the Church!

Our Lady showed us the individual who I describe as the 'holy Father' in front of a multitude that was cheering him.

But there was a difference from a true holy Father, his devilish gaze, this one had the gaze of evil.

Then, after some moments we saw the same Pope entering a Church, but this Church was the Church of hell; there is no way to describe the ugliness of that place. It looked like a gray cement fortress with broken angles and windows similar to eyes; it had a beak in the roof of the building.

Next, we raised our eyes to Our Lady who said to us: You saw the apostasy in the Church; this letter can be opened by the holy Father, but it must be announced after Pius XII and before 1960.

In the kingdom of John Paul II the cornerstone of Peter's grave must be removed and transferred to Fatima.

Because the dogma of the faith is not conserved in Rome, its authority will be removed and delivered to Fatima.

The cathedral of Rome must be destroyed and a new one built in Fatima.

If 69 weeks after this order is announced, Rome continues its abomination, the city will be destroyed.

Our Lady told us that this is written,[in] Daniel 9:24-25 and Matthew 21:42-44​

---------------------------

Ferrara mentions "the testimony of Father Joseph Schweigl" who stated:

I cannot reveal anything of what I learned at Fatima concerning the Third Secret, but I can say that it has two parts: one concerns the Pope; the other logically (although I must say nothing) would have to be the continuation of the words: "In Portugal, the dogma of the Faith will always be preserved."​

You will see that the above, authentic Third Secret contains subjects that Father Schweigl mentions:

1. The "Pope." Actually, an antipope who is different "from a true holy Father."
    2. Portugal as the place where the dogma of the Faith will be preserved.​

Both points are prominent in the authentic Third Secret and missing in the version promoted by the Vatican in 2000.

Furthermore, the reference to the antipope/antichrist is prominent in many Biblical end time prophecies such as Daniel 7 ("the Little Horn"), 2 Thessalonians 2 ("the Man of Sin"), and the Apocalypse ("the False Prophet").

The allegorical reference to "Portugal" and "Fatima" can be found in the Biblical equivalent symbols of "the New Jerusalem" (Ezekiel 48) and "the New Heaven and New Earth" (Apocalypse 21). These are symbols wrapped in mystery. We cannot fully understand them yet.

As Cardinal Ratzinger said in his Commentary on the Third Secret, any true "private revelation" must restate, in the essentials, what has already been stated in "public revelation." So, in a sense, Fatima is simply a restatement of the Biblical prophecies but with more precision provided by Our Lady so that it can be understood by us in the end times.

P.S. As Ferrara says, Cardinal Ottaviani stated that he was aware of a Third Secret with text consisting of "25 lines on one sheet of paper." Look at the facsimile on the page linked above. You will find that the Third Secret has exactly 25 lines on one sheet.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2022
  9. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

In your link, it is stated that “we do not assert that this is undoubtedly the true Third Secret.”

Carol55 likes this.
  10. PNF

PNF Archangels

Yes, HeavenlyHosts. That is why I mentioned the fact that the handwriting in the facsimile matches the known handwriting of Sister Lucia and that the descriptions of the Third Secret as seen by Fr. Schweigl and Cardinal Ottaviani match the features of the Third Secret in the facsimile. But most importantly, the subject matter of the text matches the Biblical prophecies.

11. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

The origin of this document is not validated as the Third Secret. That should be clarified.

12. Lois

Lois Guest

My 2 cents, having never seen this painting before....and after reading thru the thread....

That painting....there's so much there. The first thing that struck me was the depiction of the Holy Trinity. One God ~ Three Persons. This is our God. Undivided Unity. How often do we hear this anymore? St. Patrick used the shamrock to explain this great mystery of the One, True God. The synod people are leading us to believe that we are to only take into consideration the commonalities between religions, that all worship God in their own way. This is false. There is only one God ~ Father/Son/Holy Ghost. This Truth is being cast aside in favour of a false ecumenism.

The Mass and the Real Presence have already been undermined. Sacrifice has been changed to a banquet. A banquet we have not yet joined, since we are not yet in heaven. The belief in the Real Presence has been undermined terribly.

This has led to a lack of the understanding of the necessity for Grace. Without God's grace, nothing is possible. We need grace. And since grace is so necessary to persevering in this life, how much more so to obtain everlasting life? No grace = no repentance = no mercy. "forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us" How do we forgive others, or ourselves, without the help of God's grace? How do we even know to seek God's Mercy without the grace to do so?

How does one obtain God's grace? There is hardly any mention of this at all anymore.

Who is the mediatrix of God's grace? Well, that would be Our Lady. She was not just a simple everyday girl, as some would have us believe.....She was the perfect adorer of the Holy Trinity, the One True God. Beloved Daughter of the Father, Mother of the Son, and Spouse of the Holy Spirit.

"The allusion being to the presumption that a man's wife held him back from doing the things he really wanted to."

He wanted disciples made of all nations. His work is now being held back by the very ones commissioned to carry it out. (with a few exceptions) The traditional Mass and those who attend are being persecuted; the Light there is being extinguished. If the NO is changed in some way making it no longer valid, the Light will go out.

When St. Longinus pierced the Lord's side with the spear the Lord had already "died". St. Longinus, in effect, released the Blood and Water from the Sacred Heart, which is so necessary for Mercy.

When the Light is extinguished, perhaps there will be a similar "piercing of the world by a heavenly lance". Maybe this is why the Flame of Love devotion is so important - "Spread the effect of grace of The Flame of Love over all of humanity"

Imho, there is great significance in that we have a Pope Emeritus. Why? idk

"I felt my spirit flooded by a light-filled mystery which is God and in Him I saw and heard: the point of the flame-like lance which detaches, touches the axis of the earth and it [the earth] shakes: mountains, cities, towns and villages with their inhabitants are buried. The sea, rivers and clouds leave their bounds, they overflow, flood and drag with them into a whirlpool, houses and people in a number unable to be counted; it is the purification of the world from the sin it is immersed in. Hatred, ambition, cause destructive wars" (Sr. Lucia, Tuy, 1944. See Sr. Lucia's official biography by the Carmelites of Coimbra - A Pathway Under the Gaze of Mary)

"It was Our Lady of Fatima, with her Immaculate Heart in her left hand, without sword or roses, but with a crown of thorns and flames"

Byron, Mary's child, AED and 2 others like this.
  13. PNF

PNF Archangels

As I stated, it has been validated (as far as I am concerned) by the following:

1. A handwriting analysis: here.
    2. Descriptions of the text by a priest and a Cardinal match the number of lines and pages in the authentic Third Secret.
    3. Subject matter discussed recapitulates the essence of Biblical end time prophecies.

You may disagree with the evidence I produced. If you do disagree, you could present a counter-argument for your position. That might help us all uncover the Truth.

14. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I just think full disclosure of the article was warranted and not just as far as you are concerned. Full disclosure. :)

Carol55 and PNF like this.
  15. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I want to add here

It is almost impossible for someone to replicate someone else's handwriting.

Handwriting is like a finger print, very distinctive.

Forgeries always leave some tell tell signs.

16. Luan Ribeiro

Luan Ribeiro Powers

I was in doubt if it is legitimate to transfer the authority of the Church from Rome to Fatima since Saint Peter (in whom Christ built the church) was martyred in Rome.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  17. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Also in the negative -

It had been said that the secret would provoke strong reactions that if the Secret were made public, the confessionals and churches would be filled with parishioners on their knees. Because it contains something really horrendous.

There is nothing in that "secret" that would result in the confessionals filling up.

Mary's child, AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  18. PNF

PNF Archangels

Hi Garabandal. The word "apostasy" in that Third Secret is a direct reference to the same word famously used in 2 Thessalonians 2. Here is the quote from 2 Thessalonians 2:

1 And we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and of our gathering together unto him: 2 That you be not easily moved from your sense nor be terrified, neither by spirit nor by word nor by epistle. as sent from us, as if the day of the Lord were at hand. 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for unless there come a revolt [apostasia] first, and the man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition 4 Who opposeth and is lifted up above all that is called God or that is worshipped, so that he sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself as if he were God. 5 Remember you not that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things? 6 And now you know what withholdeth, that he may be revealed in his time. 7 For the mystery of iniquity already worketh: only that he who now holdeth do hold, until he be taken out of the way. 8 And then that wicked one shall be revealed: whom the Lord Jesus shall kill with the spirit of his mouth and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming: him 9 Whose coming is according to the working of Satan, in all power and signs and lying wonders: 10 And in all seduction of iniquity to them that perish: because they receive not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. Therefore God shall send them the operation of error, to believe lying: 11 That all may be judged who have not believed the truth but have consented to iniquity.​

St. Paul is telling the Thessalonians not to worry UNTIL they see the "apostasy." But when they do see the "apostasy," they should understand that it is the sign of the consummation of the age. When we, as Catholics, know that Jesus will be coming back very soon, what would we do? We would go to confession and mass, right? So, if people recognized this sign for what it really was, they would fill up the Churches.

What can be more "horrendous" in the eyes of God and those who love Him above all things than that his Church and His apparent Holy Vicar would be "the man of sin" sitting in "the temple of God" acting "as if he were God." Nothing is more "horrendous" to me.

And if you think that my "interpretation" of 2 Thessalonians 2 is flawed, please look at what the Catechism of the Catholic Church says in paraphrasing that same Bible passage:

675 Before Christ's second coming the Church must pass through a final trial that will shake the faith of many believers.573 The persecution that accompanies her pilgrimage on earth574 will unveil the "mystery of iniquity" in the form of a religious deception offering men an apparent solution to their problems at the price of apostasy from the truth. The supreme religious deception is that of the Antichrist, a pseudo-messianism by which man glorifies himself in place of God and of his Messiah come in the flesh.575

573 Cf. Lk 18:8; Mt 24:12.
    574 Cf. Lk 21:12; Jn 15:19-20.
    575 Cf. 2 Th 2:4-12; I Th 5:2-3; 2 Jn 7; I Jn 2:1 8, 22.​

As you can see, the Church thinks that the events mentioned in that Third Secret are so "horrendous" that they call it the "final trial" and warn all Catholics of the "deception" of "the antichrist," who is actually an antipope "sitting in the temple of God." The Catechism doesn't mention anything about famines or diseases or inflation or military battles. The Catechism warns only about a spiritual deception that will lead souls to eternal hell. Nothing could be worse that than, right?

19. Carol55

Carol55 Ave Maria

Byron and Luan Ribeiro like this.
  20. PNF

PNF Archangels

Whatever one's interpretation of "legitimacy" might be, it is a fact that "the First Stone of Most Holy Trinity Church" is "a fragment of the tomb of the Apostle St. Peter." and that this "transfer" occurred during the pontificate of John Paul II. This was a fulfillment of the prophecy in the Third Secret that I posted above. See the article below:

https://web.archive.org/web/20081112164135/http://www.santuario-fatima.pt/portal/index.php?id=2533