Alice Von Hildebrand Sheds New Light on Third Secret of Fatima

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by BrianK, May 12, 2016.

1. Here is one specific to the Third Secret:

Michael Pio and Beth B like this.
  2. Dolours

Dolours Guest

Thanks to Beth and Earthtoangels for the links to the videos. Watching all of them should keep me busy for a while.

I'm a bit wary of a priest that requested release from his vows being described as good and holy. That's not to say that he wasn't good and holy, but I don't see how wanting out of his vows made him any better or holier than the average priest in a parish who slogs away among the faithful while keeping his vows.

Why would the Soviet Union have any say in the Church consecrating anybody or anything it likes to the Immaculate Heart of Mary? They were already persecuting Catholics, so a consecration couldn't have made it any worse and, considering who requested the Consecration, it was worth taking the chance.

Thank God I'm just a common or garden Catholic. Having any influence must be a terrible burden.

josephite, DeGaulle and Mac like this.
  3. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Fr. Martin was not released of all of his vows......just poverty and obedience. He did a daily Latin mass and exorcisms

Maybe the evil and corruption he witnessed was a good enough reason for him to ask for these exceptions....otherwise he would not have been permitted to write about the Vatican as he did. Personally, I'm glad he exposed what he did....corruption and evil need to end....putting a spotlight on it sometimes is the only way.

The same is true for those today who are putting a spotlight on the corruption of diocese closer to home in the USA. Thank God for these good men who are exposing the Devils in the church...otherwise we could all be victims.

Michael Pio likes this.
  4. Fr. Martin also has referred to this agreement... the "Metz Pact" made in 1962 where representatives of the Orthodox church would attend Vat II as long as Communism would not be mentioned or condemned. Apparently the influence of this Pact continued on. Perhaps that is why the year 1960 was mentioned as a good time for the release of the Third Secret. Anyway here is a bit:

In 1962, a Pact of Metz between Rome and Moscow was agreed to. The
    mysterious Fatima Lady had urged that the Pope, in union with the
    world’s bishops, consecrate Russia to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
    Peace would be the result. "The Pact of Metz, otherwise known as the
    Vatican-Moscow Agreement has been the main obstacle to the Popes’
    performing this consecration — a consecration that would have caused
    the conversion of Russia and would have prevented the present scandals
    the Church now suffers."

http://www.fatimacrusader.com/cr73/cr73pg32.asp

The mention of Fr. Martin about this pact can be found in this reference to the matter:

http://www.traditioninaction.org/HotTopics/a007ht.htm

And here is another reference with very strong interpretation:

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/fe... Russia Must Be Named in the Consecration.pdf

5. Fatima

Fatima Powers

To the Third Secret Fatima:
    “The defining event for the Church in the third millennium.” The Third Secret: “An ‘either-or’ proposition, and we’re now living in the ‘or.’” The coming chastisement: “Your worst nightmare, multiplied exponentially.” These are the words of Malachi Martin – who read the Third Secret of Fatima.

By Suzanne Pearson

During the four years before his death in 1999 it was my privilege to know Father Malachi Martin. Having listened to his interviews and read some of his books, I first sought his advice about the disconcerting changes in the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass. Soon he offered to guide me spiritually. I then had a rather substantial interaction with him over the next four years, during which time he often spoke about Fatima. He believed that Fatima was the most important event of the 20th Century, and that carrying out its mandate was the most urgent task facing the Church and the world. I had already noticed, listening to his interviews, that when he spoke about Fatima, he spoke with authority, as Our Lord’s contemporaries had said about His teaching. So, during our very first telephone conversation, I said, “I get the impression that you know the Fatima Secret!” And Father Malachi said, “I do.” When we met the following week, alluding to his skepticism about the Charismatic movement, I asked him sort of kiddingly, “Did the Holy Spirit reveal the Third Secret to you?” “Oh no,” he replied. “I was shown a copy of the Third Secret at the time Pope John XXIII opened it and sought the advice of a group of Cardinals in 1960. One of those Cardinals was Augustin Cardinal Bea, and I was his assistant.” I then ventured, “The Third Secret concerns the apostasy in the Church, doesn’t it?” This guess was based on the few scattered tidbits about Fatima that came to light during the lean years of the 70s and 80s, and on the reasoning of Frere Michel de la Sainte Trinite:
    “The material chastisements are already predicted in the second part of the Secret.” The Third Secret predicts “a chastisement of the spiritual order.” To my surprise, Father Malachi responded: “The apostasy in the Church forms the backdrop or the context of the Third Secret. The apostasy is just beginning now. But the chastisements foretold in the Secret are very real, physical chastisements, and they are terrible!”

“We’ve Just killed a billion People”
    He then related to me the exchange he had had with Cardinal Bea, when the Cardinal emerged from the meeting Pope John XXIII was holding with his advisors, looking pale as a sheet: “ ‘What’s wrong, Your Eminence?’ I asked him. ‘We’ve just killed a billion people. Look at this!’ He handed me the single sheet of paper with those 25 lines of handwriting. Since that day, every word of this text has been imprinted indelibly in my mind.” Cardinal Bea had made the statement about “a billion people” because the Pope had just made the decision not to release the Third Secret, and not to consecrate Russia. I asked Father Malachi if he could tell me anything further about those “terrible” chastisements, which would kill a billion people. He explained that, before reading the Secret, he had been required to take an oath not to reveal it, but he did believe it should have been revealed, and that Our Lord and Our Lady wanted people to know about it. Therefore, he mentioned the
    Third Secret whenever he could; he would talk around it, giving as much background information about it, and as many hints as he could about it, without revealing the actual text. Thus he proceeded to rattle off very quickly a list of possible calamities, and said that some of these were in the Secret. Although the list included such things as World War III, the death of the Pope, and the Three Days of Darkness, it was not particularly enlightening, since not all the coming chastisements were on the list, and not everything on the list will be in the chastisements.

During the years that I knew Father Martin, he often elaborated on the information he gave me that first day. For instance, he actually said that we could mitigate the severity of the coming
    chastisements if we knew the content of the Third Secret. I also used to ask him about statements
    he had made publicly during his talks and interviews, or written in his books. Taken all together, the clues he revealed about the Third Secret can be divided into three categories, which he lists in his book, The Keys of This Blood: “A physical chastisement of the nations, involving catastrophes,
    man-made or natural, on land, on water and in the atmosphere of the globe. A spiritual chastisement ... [consisting] of the disappearance of religious belief, a period of widespread unfaith in many countries. A central function of Russia in the two preceding series of events. In fact, the physical and spiritual chastisements, according to Lucia’s letter, are to be gridded on a fateful timetable in which Russia is the ratchet.”

The Secret was presented as an either-or proposition, he said. The Pope of 1960 had the obligation
    to open the Secret, read it, and do what it said. This was the “either.” Pope John XXIII refused the
    “either,” and so we are now living in the “or.” The spiritual chastisement apparently began very soon after 1960. As a result of the Holy Father’s refusal, Father Martin said:
    • “Cardinals, bishops, and priests are falling like leaves into Hell.”
    • “Faith will disappear from countries and continents.”
    • “Many of the elect will lose their faith. Many people who now believe will give up in despair. Things will get so bad that if Our Lady did not step in, no one would be saved.”

“God Will Withdraw Grace”
    Father Malachi had told me that the apostasy in the Church was the backdrop or context of the Third Secret. But he also said that this spiritual chastisement was part of the punishment God would
    inflict if Our Lady’s requests were not obeyed. In this connection, he often said something quite disturbing: “God will withdraw grace,” he said. This sounds like a very harsh thing for God to do, as if He were sabotaging His own Will “that all men be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth.”
    But it should rather be thought of as a vicious circle. When the Holy Father refused to reveal the
    Secret and refused to consecrate Russia, he forfeited the graces he would have earned for himself and the Church by his obedience, and apparently, he was also punished for his disobedience by being given less grace than he had been receiving previously.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  6. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Thank you Fatima...a good summary!

josephite and Michael Pio like this.
  7. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

I think this is one of the most important topics relating to the Cathoilc faith. It should be given the attention it deserves, especially with the 100th. Anniversary coming up next year. Regardless of the contents of the third secret, Our a Lady has told us how to live through Fatima. For me it's what I need to know spiritually. Like Fr. Martin said,....we might not want to know the contents of the third secret....but I have a strong feeling that it is akin to Akita....:( that will keep yah on your knees!,,

8. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Your right Beth. Look at how much emphasis has been put on Fatima by the past several popes, even with Pope Francis. It is the key and we are experiencing the first phases that Fatima warned us of.

9. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

I know....kinda awesome....kinda scary. Only sure thing we can do is stay in a state of grace and daily rosary. We will need these graces. Yikessss

Michael Pio likes this.
  10. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

1. [​IMG]

The 15 Promises of Our Lady to Christians Who Recite the Rosary
    1. Whoever shall faithfully serve Me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall receive signal graces.
    2. I promise My special protection and the greatest graces to all who shall recite the Rosary.
    3. The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin, and defeat heresies.
    4. It will cause virtue and good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire of eternal things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
    5. The soul which recommends itself to Me by the recitation of the Rosary, shall not perish.
    6. Whoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its sacred mysteries, shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of eternal life.
    7. Whoever shall have a true devotion for the Rosary shall not die without the Sacraments of the Church.
    8. Those who are faithful in reciting the Rosary shall have during their life and at their death the light of God and the plenitude of His graces; at the moment of death they shall participate in the merits of the saints in paradise.
    9. I shall deliver from purgatory, those who have been devoted to the Rosary.
    10. The faithful children of the Rosary shall merit a high degree of glory in Heaven.
    11. You shall obtain all you ask of Me by the recitation of the Rosary.
    12. All those who propagate the holy Rosary shall be aided by Me in their necessities.
    13. I have obtained from My Divine Son, that all the advocates of the Rosary shall have for intercessors, the entire celestial court during their life and at the hour of death.
    14. All who recite the Rosary are My sons, and brothers of My only son Jesus Christ.
    15. Devotion to My Rosary is a great sign of predestination.

11. Dolours

Dolours Guest

He said an awful lot for someone who took an oath to keep a secret. I've just listened to the first interview on Youtube from 1996. Nothing to do with the secret, but something that clicked with me was the man who phoned in asking whether the US government would be coming for people's cars and guns. Fr. Martin dismissed the man's concerns, but isn't that what's on the cards now? Granted, they aren't coming for your cars, but there is an obsession with climate change and excessive use of fossil fuels.

Fr. Martin was a believer in the New World Order conspiracy theory, and I got the impression that he considered Bilderberg to be part of it. Hard to tell whether he was just giving his own interpretation of how things were or whether it was related to the secret. I was really surprised to hear him say that Satan and Lucifer are different evil spirits. Hasn't the Church always taught that they are one and the same?

I need to listen to that interview again.

josephite and Clare A like this.
  12. Meanwhile, while the Church is not addressing this most important preview of the times in which we live as we live out that "or" portion of the "either or" choice it's had all these 100 years since the Fatima request and how to save ourselves, the news all around is reflecting just these things we have been warned of by Fatima and following apparitions like Garabandal. They (gov't/NASA/Church) can't even hide any longer the real threat of grave punishment coming from the Cosmos with its effect of magnetic pull upon earth with more and more earthquakes and volcanoes erupting, to the point of forcing a pole shift, and bringing along with it all that "space junk" of comets, meteors, meteorites. If we're able to still mitigate the force of these punishments then why the heck isn't the Church, FINALLY, getting the word out....since such info could force people down on their knees to repent before it's too late for them?? Yes, it is promised that finally "it would be done" (Consecration) but it will be late. If only.....

And we literally watch how the elites are planning to somehow protect themselves from this incoming chastisement and such planning also shows just how much the "powers" that be know of these things. Yet, even for them to their delusion, no one will escape!

13. Finally, here's a much shorter interview with Fr. Martin:

Fr. Martin: 3rd Secret of Fatima, "Apostasy & Chastisement"

14. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

You bet...no one will escape.

I truly believe that garabandal and Fatima are linked....and will occur in our lifetime. The apostasy within the church is obvious...at least to me. If this is the reason the church didn't make the message public...it makes sense. It was wrong, but it explains it. When the church ignores a mandate from heaven, that's a problem. She said to release it in 1960....they did not obey.

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  15. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Who would listen to the Church if it spoke 'hard sayings'? Since VatII the congregation does not want to hear 'fire and brimstone'. I fear the Church would become even smaller than it already is with this message. We have been hearing only fluff and puff, because this is what people are paying for in the pew. It seems only God's Warning, followed by his chastisements will bring some of those back around. I have tried many times over to wake up family, relatives, friends and co-workers with 'soft' talk to little or no avail. They seem only concerned where their going for vacation, the next night out, who is texting/Facebooking them or the next sports event or activity. God knows this all to well and that is why he has used so many messengers in this time, including his own Blessed Mother, but few are listening to them either.

16. Harper

Harper Guest

I always wondered about Fr. Martin. He was a little too "showbiz" for me. I was particularly concerned when he started showing up on Art Bell's shows, which so often focused on the New Age, anti-government, UFO stuff. I read Martin's "Windswept House" and "Hostage to the Devil," but I have moved away from any interest in satanic, etc.

EWTN has some information on Fr. Martin on its experts page, here: https://www.ewtn.com/expert/answers/malachi_martin.htm

17. Dolours

Dolours Guest

It's hard to tell what motivated him. The EWTN answer isn't very helpful with the usual stuff about the Church being more than individual clergy. Yes, EWTN, we get it. Sometimes people's zeal takes over and clouds their judgement. I don't see how doing the rounds of chat shows and talking up his role as an exorcist was serving the greater good of the Church even if he was convinced that revealing all he knew, or claimed to know, would put things right.

May God rest his soul.

18. Fatima

Fatima Powers

It is worth noting here that the Pope is not mentioned as part of the Akita prophecy as it pertains to the devil infiltrating clergy.

Michael Pio, DeGaulle and Beth B like this.
  19. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Worth noting...

I forget...does it mention bishops and cardinals?...bishops against bishops...that one

20. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Yes. Refer back to Garabandal's post.

Beth B likes this.