Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by padraig, Jun 2, 2021.

1. padraig

padraig Powers

But on the other hand I think for some people who lead very, very sinful, materialistic life styles , yes indeed these changes will indeed be killers. Picking carrots, say, after having owned a multi million mansion with swimming pool might indeed be the end of the world. Or having no more gay Night clubs when you pretty much lived in them, for instance would be like a little death, I suppose.

AED, Booklady, FatimaPilgrim and 2 others like this.
  2. padraig

padraig Powers

Even the end of the Internet or its interruption might seem catastrophic.

3. Byron

Byron Powers

I’m going with Mirjana. We are blessed to be part of these times. Our Lady is with us. She triumphs every time we pray the Rosary.

AED, Booklady, HeavenlyHosts and 5 others like this.
  4. AED

AED Powers

Such catastrophes are a great mercy--as with the prodigal son. I consider a cancer diagnosis at 27 years of age a great wake up call that "brought me to myself" and sent me running to the arms of the Father. Like Solzhnitzyn who found God in the gulag and later said "God bless prison!" The worldly literati were perplexed but those of us who have found our way back through suffering understand completely.

Byron, IheartMary, Booklady and 5 others like this.
  5. AED

AED Powers

Dr Kyle Clement has a wonderful talk on you tube "Of things seen and unseen" making it so clear that God ordains and orders everything toward our salvation. His thoughts are not our thoughts. And Our Blessed Mother and the Rosary are our armor and our weapon.

Byron, Booklady, Blizzard and 3 others like this.
  6. padraig

padraig Powers

I'm listening to a very unusual book, 'The Idiot'. by Feodor Dostoevesky at the moment.

Archbishop Fulton Sheen used to recommend this author as being very spiritual.. The idiot is a Russian Prince who returns to Russia from Switzerland after being ill for years.

The Prince is described as an idiot because he is so straightforward and honest. He reminds me of what it must have been like to see and meet Jesus. Wonderful

People who meet the Prince tend to like him very much , but no one seems to know quite why, they have never met such a person before.

[​IMG]

Byron, Booklady and AED like this.
  7. Ananchal

Ananchal Vigilans

I can’t wait for the day that the stresses are important like Will there be food to eat and water to drink. The current craziness and stresses are going to do me in.:(

8. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

Yep, this is how we are going to live, and I for one, can't wait! It's going to be ugly how we get to that point and most are going to be caught hugely off guard when it all crashes, but the important part is, it's part of God's plan to bring us back to Him :)

Liza, Booklady, AED and 2 others like this.
  9. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

My early 20 year old girls will be calling it the apocalypse--but I can't wait, :)

Booklady, padraig and AED like this.
  10. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

No more manicures?!:eek:

Byron, Booklady, Sam and 2 others like this.
  11. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

Of course there will be, we'll just learn to give them to each other (well, you girls anyway) :)

Booklady and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  12. Blizzard

Blizzard thy kingdom come

Interesting.

I very much doubt we can make it to 2038 without some major chastisements.

We are too far gone to the dark side.

Take this for example.

Clare A likes this.
  13. Debora G Barbossa

Debora G Barbossa New Member

50’s

see you there

14. Clare A

Clare A Archangels

I'm not sure we can talk about 2038 as a 'definite' date for realignment. Catholic prophecy is always conditional - we can avoid, delay or mitigate catastrophes by prayer and penance. At present, things look very bad - mainstream institutions (Marks and Spencer, the Conservative Party) supporting 'Pride', the rise of woke-ness, gender fluidity, the institutional acceptance of this nonsense - banning the words 'mother' and 'father', for example - I wonder how long it can go on? God is being mocked continuously. It breaks my heart. We can avoid the catastrophe of a meteor hit, for instance, but there must be reparation. We don't know how many people are praying and doing penance for the sins of this age, but I am sure it is far more than we know. I pray that it is.

PurpleFlower, Booklady, Sam and 3 others like this.
  15. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Clare, you have spoken much truth here.

Mary P, Clare A, Sam and 1 other person like this.
  16. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Debora, we have asked you for clarification of your posts: origin, explanations why, so forth. You have not been forthcoming. Please explain.

Sam likes this.
  17. AED

AED Powers

:LOL::ROFLMAO:

Byron likes this.
  18. Donna259

Donna259 Powers

she's a YouTuber.....I just checked her out...I can't understand her videos because they are in Portugese. I believe she is from Brazil. I don't know how to translate as I would like to listen to them as translated in English. She has a bit of a following....The comments are in Portugese. But says she lives in UK .

AED and Sam like this.
  19. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Someone pm Member Luan Rebeiro
    He is from Brazil
    Maybe he knows something
    I can’t do that right now

AED likes this.
  20. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Still, in kindness, Debora, please give us more information. Thank you.

AED likes this.