Worst case scenario

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by garabandal, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Dolours

Dolours Guest

It's rare enough here for an ATM to dispense tenners. Towelling for washable nappies might be a good idea if it's going to last for years because the disposables are too bulky.

I planted a few fruit bushes in containers last year. Looking at the miserable few blossoms on them, I won't get enough berries to fill a cereal bowl. I probably could have filled a cabinet with tinned fruit with what I paid for the containers, the compost, the plants and the wire netting required to make sure the birds don't get to the fruit before me. During the recent dry spell, I decided to water them with water from the barrel I had bought just in case. The barrel was empty because all the water had leaked out of it. Some of us weren't meant to be preppers.

2. Pray4peace

Pray4peace Ave Maria

I felt the nudge that "something big" was going to happen "soon" way back in 2009. I prepped and prepared for about 7-8 years--physically, mentally, spiritually--but since then have suffered from apocalypse fatigue. I just don't have it in me to maintain my prepping supplies like I used to, even though I should because of our 5 children.

I think that one of the easiest and wisest ways to prepare is to become knowledgable about the plants that grow wild in your area. There are so many edibles and medicinals all around us. How many people ever think about eating a dandelion? They are one of the most nutritious bitter greens available (as long as they haven't been sprayed with weed killer). And kudzu is an invasive vine from Asia that has taken over the southeastern U.S., but is actually edible and is a staple food in Japan.

http://survival-manual.com/edible-plants/kudzu.php

Another invasive plant here in the U.S. is Japanese knotweed. It's another edible and nutritional powerhouse. In fact, if anyone here takes the antioxidant supplement resveratrol, you can look in the ingredients and it will likely say polygonum cuspidatum (a.k.a. Japanese Knotweed).

http://www.eattheweeds.com/japanese-knotweed-dreadable-edible/

Anyway, there a lot more edibles than these. Most areas offer local foraging classes that involve a 2-3 hour walk in the woods with a guide. In these classes you will usually receive a handout with good pictures so as to i.d. plants, and then go on a walk with the guided group and sample local plants.

AED, sunburst, sterph and 2 others like this.
  3. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I think that the world has spiraled into so much darkness and so many are under the dominion of satan that darkness has come to reign.

The church is anemic and in free-fall --

We are too far gone for there to be a Nineveh type conversion --

Only Direct Intervention from God can change the path of humanity.

I expect direct intervention from Heaven - fairly soon in human terms - within years not decades --

God may reveal His hand before the chastisements by revealing something of His love - blessings before punishment.

Maybe I am being too hopeful here but the world needs shaken, the consciences of people need shaken --

But the chastisements will come and when God acts with His sovereign Hand then the very mountains and valleys and seas and oceans will respond to His commands - the Justice of God is a terrible thing to behold -- Wow to the generation that experiences the Justice of God --

Light, ComeSoon!, sunburst and 5 others like this.
  4. gracia

gracia Archangels

I have never been through a natural disaster, but imagine it would be terrifying. These events may come upon previously safe or unaffected regions. It is good to be spiritually ready.

sunburst, Seagrace, AED and 2 others like this.
  5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I read somewhere in a prophecy a few years back where nuts and honey would sustain us
    Honey can be stored for a long time
    Nuts not so long
    But peanut butter can be rotated in the pantry
    Technically a legume and not a nut
    But there are nut butters that can be stored and rotated
    Just FYI
    I am doing it

ComeSoon!, sunburst, AED and 2 others like this.
  6. padraig

padraig Powers

Some messages remind us not to rely too much on our own efforts but on inner spiritual preparedness...seek ye first the Kingdom of God.

But I expect God wants us to use prudence too.

sunburst, AED, HeavenlyHosts and 2 others like this.
  7. AED

AED Powers

I've been doing this for awhile. Some 20 lb bags of rice and beans, dried peas and also some lentils. A way to get water that doesn't rely on electricity(hand pump) dried fruit. Canned goods. Big canister of un bleached white flour(whole grain can go bad if not refrigerated) and salt and yeast for bread. But butters and peanut butter. Might want to stock up on band aids and antibiotic cream and alcohol and peroxide. Toothpaste and floss and brushed. Stuff like that. Soap and detergent eye. We went through a bad ice storm 20 years ago that lasted a week for us. Longer for others. Roads impassable. NO power. Just stuck. We survived because I had stocked up a few weeks before because I got such an insistent nudge to do it I couldn't ignore it . My family made fun of me but then the storm hit. We had an old cast iron wood cookstove. It saved us! Kept us warm and I could cook on it. The bathroom situation was the hardest. Had to melt snow to flush. Also have lots of flashlights and battery powered radio and candles and then :cool:it is not altogether horrible.:rolleyes:

Praetorian and gracia like this.
  8. AED

AED Powers

Oops. Sorry for all the typos.

9. Fatima

Fatima Powers

From my studies on the end times, we will endure two periods of tribulation, before the new Era of Peace. The first part we have entered into, but it leads to total global economic, social, governmental collapse along with the great apostasy of faith, climaxing in global war. Pause for the great Warning followed by major chastisements from God.

During the first tribulations, at some point, one will need to have supplies/housing or refuge and means to withstand the global collapse.

However, after the Warning when everyone will either choose God's merciful truth or reject it, after this comes the False Prophet and Antichrist (Rev: 19-20) and the persecution of the faithful. At this time it is essential to read and understand the journey of the Israelite's and don't make their mistake grumbling against God in the greatest of all persecutions of the Christian remnant. Don't reject the Warning and take the mark of the beast. The remnant will be totally dependent on God for all your needs during this period, as the Israelites were in their journey to the promised land.

ComeSoon!, Mary's child, AED and 2 others like this.
  10. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

When I hear of Global or economic collapse, it reminds me of Maria Esperanza and what she once said, that it would all start in her part of the world.

When you think about it and see for example Venezuala, (if I have spelled it correctly) it makes me think no amount of stocking up would be enough. The problem has grown there over a number of years, and it must have worn the people down to the very marrow of their bones.

The most disturbing thing there, was to read of the attacks against the Churches where vandalism was done by people who must have been Catholic; because that was a very Catholic country. We already hear of Churches being vandalised in Ireland, and there isn't even hardship there. So only God knows what will happen in other countries when things get tough. Why is the Church attacked, it is bad government and bad economics that cause the hardship. No one makes us contribute to the Church; but people turn nasty against the Church when their governments betray them. IMHO

11. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I am your typing teacher. NOT
    ;):):LOL::ROFLMAO:

12. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Talking about the signs of the times and all that. Do you know, I went to get some shopping today, and noticed very remarkably how the meat section has been reduced a lot. It is a quarter of what it used to be.

When I got to the check out, I asked the lady at the till if meat was going out of fashion or something. To my utter shock, she said yes!
    She told me people were not wanting to buy meat so much anymore because of the damage cows do to the environment when they 'flatulate' and she used the four letter word starting with F.....

People are buying non meat things, and I suggested maybe that was because of the cost of meat these days. She said no, the grain and whatever else they use is just as expensive as meat. And besides, Chinese and Japanese people don't eat much or any meat. I said this is nuts. Sure some people eat too much meat these days and not enough vegetables. But in the northern hemisphere we need meat to deal with the cold and the damp, which China and Japan don't live with to the same extent we do. Maybe I am wrong; but it seems like people are brainwashed. The world is gone mad....could it be mad cow syndrome. Who knows.

Praetorian, Dolours, Carol55 and 2 others like this.
  13. AED

AED Powers

Just another marker of the creeping insanity.

14. ComeSoon!

ComeSoon! Guest

antibiotic/antiseptic ointment=I looked up a natural approach this this over the weekend as I was packing for a move (all my first aid was packed and moved). Blend a little honey and coconut oil!! It certainly felt the same. Coconut oil is great for so many things!

15. AED

AED Powers

As a fellow English teacher you know we should always proofread our work! And---I didnt.o_O

16. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Retiree privilege? ;)

17. AED

AED Powers

(y)

Praetorian likes this.
  18. ComeSoon!

ComeSoon! Guest

I love the idea of the classes. I have no doubt there is a local Meetup club focusing on that.
    My G Grandma used to collect dandelion greens for her salad :D. A farmer from Sicily or mainland back then would know all about such greens. I think she's smiling at me as I keep thinking about this approach as well.

19. ComeSoon!

ComeSoon! Guest

There are survivalist websites which are organized by topic and type of disaster.

AED likes this.
  20. Fatima

Fatima Powers

I don't think large portions yet see the root of all evil working today is Satan unchained. People scratch their head anytime school shootings take place and try to analyze it through human reason and they can't, cause at the root of it all is Satan and many, if not most today, do not believe in the devil.

This diabolic confusion and evil will only grow stronger and people will grow scarred and dumbfounded. Few see what is taking place in the supernatural world, as they can't see root of it all.

AED likes this.