The Divine Will

Discussion in 'Consecration to Mary' started by Border collie, Nov 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Child of God

Child of God New Member

I have recently started meditating "the Hours of the Passion" given to S.G. Luisa Picarreta. It is an amazing blessing and privilege to walk along side of our Lord during his Passion! I had no idea of the significance and redemptive quality of every detail of Jesus' suffering ! Not 1 breath was without purpose! The hour of the Crucifixition was the most profound and it took me three days to read all of it because there was so much to contemplate. I read from paragraph 23 to finish the day after the terrorist attack in France..... And I "freaked out" then with the readings for that day (Saturday) I knew I had all prophecy before my eyes!
    Take the time to do this mediation and walk with Jesus! I truly feel like it's been "me and Him" I am his partner and am physically next to Him with our inside conversations and thoughts.....it is hard to put into words!
    Love and Peace
    Kim

2. lynnfiat

lynnfiat Fiat Voluntas Tua

Kim,
    I have been praying the Hours of the Passion for many years and it still brings me to tears every time I pray. Please continue to pray these Hours as they are most important in these times.

3. lynnfiat

For everyone interested in the writings of Luisa Piccarreta, I recommend the following:

Start a Divine Will prayer group to study the writings. Invite people and Priests who you discern to be disposed and open to the writings (they must love our Blessed Mother very much). I can send you the recommended format for starting a prayer group if you wish.

Be sure to give books to Priests - such as Hugh Owens "The New and Divine Holiness", the Queen book (Priests who are devoted to Our Lady love this book!) , "I Bring You Tidings of Great Joy" by Fr. Pablo Martin," St. Hannibal & Luisa Piccarreta in the Divine Will" by R. Pignatelli, Hugh Owens and J. Bruno, "Saints in the Divine Will" by Sergio Pellegini, "When the Divine Will Reigns in Souls" and whatever our dear Lord leads you to give them (always pray first!). It will come from the Priests who will usher in the Reign of the Divine Will on earth, but we need to introduce them to the writings - it is what we are called to do.

Introduce the writings to as many people as you can. Some will persevere in wanting the knowledge and some will not. Do not be discouraged by those who fall away from It as Jesus says there will be few.

Read and study the writings on your own. I can tell you that I have been studying the writings (all 36 volumes and many others) for over 20 years (not bragging - just a fact), and if I lay off reading for even a day or two, I do not remember to take Jesus with me everywhere - I leave Him where I last left Him! Jesus says this in the writings: "This is to live in My Will - to never leave your Creator alone!"

Remember that this may not come without persecution of sorts as it will be the demise of the enemy - so he is on a rampage to stop It. Since Fr. Joseph Iannuzzi's dissertation was published, there are not many more negative comments they can come up with as we now have his book to back up her writings - and also a Saint, Saint Hannibal di Francia who was canonized by Pope St. John Paul II. If you do not know of St. Hannibal, please let me know and I will send you some information concerning him.

May His Will be for you the joy of your hearts!!!

4. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Sorry this is a few days old, but I missed your response the first time around. I just wanted to reply because I have the same kind of quasi-revulsion to her writings. I don't mean this in the wrong way but rather an extreme wariness. I think it is partly because the Vatican has been very slow to move ahead with them. Which makes me wary. It is a weird feeling because I think she is genuine. I don't know how to describe it. It is the only devotion I am "afraid" of.

5. lynnfiat

"Be not afraid!" If you do not understand the writings or feel "revulsion" to them - it may be because you are not disposed to understanding them. Please look into your heart and see what is blocking the road to your living in the Divine Will. Then begin again. Bless you.

Ecclesiasticus 2 likes this.
  6. Ecclesiasticus 2

Ecclesiasticus 2 Principalities

lynnfiat,
    Would you send me the format for starting a prayer group. We have a group that comes to the church and either reads spiritual books or videos or both and discuss. Our priest leads the sessions of around 20 parish members. Our next session is a thirty-four week journey of the Spiritual exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola. Thought this may work in for us after the next session or I may be able to work it in to another group which studies the Catechism of the Catholic Church. I will be presenting the next one on Saints, but after that perhaps get the study and readings on God's Divine Will Started.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2015
  7. Ecclesiasticus 2

Praetorian,
    I believe I read in an earlier post that you came back to the sacraments just recently and made a consecration to Jesus through Mary also. Don't worry or be afraid ( easy to say I know )and turn it all over to Mary and she will guide you to her son and comfort you in peace that you need in your heart. Take your time and read a few short verses on the Divine Will. When you come to a point where you have a question on the reading pray to Jesus and Mary and ask them your questions and ask for understanding. Be in silence and allow them to speak to your heart. "Search and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened unto you".
    God works with each of us differently. Find your special gift and your means to understand. Then use it and follow your heart.

8. lynnfiat

I will send as soon as I find
    I can tell you the format we have done in our cenacles over the past 20
    years :
    We begin with a prayer in the Divine Will placing our "I love You, adore You, praise You, thank You, and glorify You" in every Word that we read, and ask Jesus to help us to understand His Words.
    Then we pray the Rosary of the Fiat Voluntus Tua (I will email to you as it is a bit long) and the ending prayers.
    After praying the Rosary, we begin reading the writings. Some prayer groups take one book at a time and read from beginning to end over a period of time. I have always let Jesus decide what we are to study. I take the topic He gives me for which I take different readings from Luisa's writings regarding that topic and type it up for the group. We let each person read about a paragraph each and then ask and answer questions regarding what we have read. Should you decide to do this, I can email you some topics we have done over the past years and even recently. Just let me know.
    We end with a prayer of thanksgiving.
    You mentioned that you may be presenting a talk on Saints - perhaps you could talk about St. Hannibal di Francia. That would give a wonderful introduction to the writings of Luisa and the Divine Will.

Ecclesiasticus 2 likes this.
  9. Ecclesiasticus 2

lynnfiat,
    Would you send me the format for starting a prayer group. We have a group that comes to the church and either reads spiritual books or videos or both and discuss. Our priest leads the sessions of around 20 parish members. Our next session is a thirty-four week journey of the Spiritual exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola. Thought this may work in for us after the next session or I may be able to work it in to another group which studies the Catechism of the Catholic Church. I will be presenting the next one on Saints, but after that perhaps get the study and readings on God's Divine Will Started.[/quote]

10. Ecclesiasticus 2

Lynnfiat said:
    You mentioned that you may be presenting a talk on Saints - perhaps you could talk about St. Hannibal di Francia. That would give a wonderful introduction to the writings of Luisa and the Divine Will.

That is a great idea at the end of my saints talk to bring forth interest and direction for the next presentation. Thanks
    I am interested in seeing some of the directions that you went with for topics when you find time. Thank you!

11. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Wow....I love this!

12. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

J
    stay on the MOG....as others like me are understanding this for the first time.

13. kathy k

kathy k Guest

Looking back, I think my revulsion was the idea of handing over my will. For a long time when praying the Our Father, I would hesitate at "thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." Consecration to the Blessed Mother got me over it, finally. Giving her all my spiritual goods to distribute as she pleased, and seeing how free I felt in doing that, paved the way for laying down my will and going for this unprecedented grace.

I've said before - I really believe that living in the Divine Will is the only way to survive this storm, and enter into the new era.

14. Fatima

Fatima Powers

IMHO, studying and then living in the Divine Will is the most important subject on the MOG forum. It is the highest calling of all saints on earth. We can argue all the other topics this forum has started, but none compare to studying and living in the Divine Will. I particular like reflecting on Francine B. writtings in the Divine Will.

15. Mario

Mario Powers

Kathy,

I've been reluctant to test these waters because of how I feel the Lord has directed my interior life to this point. I must say that the words, "Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done" have always resonated with me. To live in the Father's Will is to live in the Kingdom, is to possess eternal life. And my Consecration to Our Lady has facilitated this because I trust her Maternal wisdom over my wimpy will. You seem to imply that the Consecration to Mary is like training wheels on a bike and that doing acts with Jesus in His Will is setting the training wheels aside.

I believe what resistance I have is rooted in my understanding of the interior life. The analogy of moving from Consecration to Divine Will strikes me as a linear progression whereas for me the interior life is more like taking a plunge into the Presence of God. Whether in dryness or joyfulness the willingness to step off the diving board into the Father's Arms is itself a sincere (even if poor) surrender that inevitably brings me more in line with God's Will when I resurface to the demands of daily life. Is that not the pearl of great price?
    Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done in my life as it is in heaven!

Am I missing something?

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

Ecclesiasticus 2 and little me like this.
  16. kathy k

kathy k Guest

I keep going back to the Old Testament for clues. Only Joshua and Caleb were allowed to enter the promised land, and the children. All the thousands of others died in the wilderness because of their lack of faith. I'm wondering if those "forced" to live in It will be the children - those who come into the final harvest in an innocent form.

An interesting aside: Moses wasn't allowed to enter because of disobedience - God told him to speak to the rock to bring forth water and he struck it with his staff. This seems like such a small thing, but obedience is HUGE with God. Also, Moses had struck the rock with his staff before, at God's command, in order to get water for the people, so he was doing things the "old way" instead of listening to the Lord.

and the LORD said to Moses:Take the staff and assemble the community, you and Aaron your brother, and in their presence command the rock to yield its waters. Thereby you will bring forth water from the rock for them, and supply the community and their livestock with water.So Moses took the staff from its place before the LORD, as he was ordered.Then Moses and Aaron gathered the assembly in front of the rock, where he said to them
    “Just listen, you rebels! Are we to produce water for you out of this rock?”b Then, raising his hand, Moses struck the rock twice* with his staff, and water came out in abundance, and the community and their livestock drank.* But the LORD said to Moses and Aaron: Because you did not have confidence in me, to acknowledge my holiness before the Israelites, therefore you shall not lead this assembly into the land I have given them.

Numbers 20:7-12

lynnfiat and Jeanne like this.
  17. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

We're right on the same page. I am scared of handing my will over too. I think of "possession". I know that's not what it is, but that is what keeps jumping into my mind. I guess I'm just not ready for it yet. I'm still horribly broken. Maybe this will be right for me down the road.

Border collie likes this.
  18. kathy k

kathy k Guest

Mario' -

I hadn't thought about it this way, but your training wheels analogy fits for me. Giving our spiritual treasures to the Blessed Mother is great practice in laying down our will. And, since she lived from conception in the Divine Will, placing ourselves in her Immaculate Heart places us in the Divine Will.

What's different about living in the Divine Will is it's supposed to become permanent and continuous. It takes study to know it, to love it and to live it. It is the doorway to all we've been taught is possible: that it is no longer I who live, but He who lives in me. That we become one with the Trinity.

It's not that you're called to another spirituality; it's that you're called to do every act with the intention of doing it with Jesus, in His Will. For instance, I offer every heart beat as a "Fiat", on behalf of all my brothers and sisters, from the first person, to the last, who offend the Lord by doing their own will. I beg Jesus to keep me in the ocean of His Will, even when I'm not mindful of it.

It may seem hard to grasp because it's so simple; it's about handing over our will and intentionally acting in His Will. Our human will is the gift that makes us in His likeness, and it is the instrument behind every sin. Making an offering of our will back to Him, and asking to live only in His Will, is the finest gift we can give. And the Lord has never been outdone in generosity!

(I've been learning to live this way for 2 years, and feel like I'm at the beginning of the beginning. Those with more insight, feel free to correct or expand on my thoughts here.)

19. Mario

Mario Powers

Praetorian,

Thank you for your honesty, but just don't feel like you're way behind and need to catch up. Jesus took the little children and held them in his arms. Be as a child and ask Jesus to hold you and touch you with his healing love. One day at a time. Peace! Prayers for you!

Safe on the Father's Lap!

20. kathy k

kathy k Guest

Yes - possession, but in a good way.

Right before I "discovered" Luisa (having passed her by many, many times over the years), I was lamenting to Jesus before Mass about my pitiful progress in the spiritual life and tendency to sin 25 years after my conversion(!!!). I had an amazing thought. I said, "The enemy possesses people who freely, whole-heartedly invite him in. Couldn't you possess me?"

Now, I would never have prayed for such a thing earlier in my conversion. But the more you know Him, love Him and trust Him, the easier it is to jump into the deep end of the ocean with Him.

Maybe for now, pray "Jesus, I trust in you," and "Help me to be willing to be made willing to lay down my will."

I know the Blessed Mother wants us all to live in the Divine Will - she will guide you on your way.​

Booklady likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.