Penance is About Saving not Suffering

Discussion in 'On prayer itself' started by garabandal, Nov 12, 2016.

1. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Fatima Children: Penance is About Saving not Suffering

Beth B and josephite like this.
  2. josephite

josephite Powers

Thank you Garabandal,
    I needed to see this.

One of Jacinta's, greatest penances was when she was goaled and believed no one cared about her! not even her own mother! all love and all hope was gone! [the greatest of sacrifices!] but through her tears and the agony of abandoment she was able to say....... This is for love of you Jesus, for the conversion of sinners, for our Holy Father the pope and in reparation for the sins committed against the immaculate Heart of Mary. Oh dear little children pray for me. Amen.

Since Friday 4th November I have been under a terrible attack. I got a slight reprieve on the 9th November but on Friday the 11th November the attacks redoubled. The severity of the attacks are so emotionally draining that I'm physically weak and I can’t think straight. But it has brought to my mind something I never thought of before and that is....... the pain Our Lord felt when he had to endure the lies and blasphemies of the people he had loved and helped the most! as he stood there bound and dragged before the courts! Lord have Mercy. The attacks I am refering too are from my family, one daughter in particular who I have helped consistently over the last eight months, it is unbelieveable what she is saying at the moment! I don't know what to do as all my masses, and the adoration and the benediction and pilgrimage to the holy doors that I attended, my visits to the Blessed Sacrament, rosaries and prayers, consecration prayers, etc, that I have been given the grace to accomplish, [sometimes in autopilot] since then, seem only to be making things worse!

Blessed Francisco Marto and Blessed Jacinta Marto and Sr Lúcia dos Santos, pray for me and all others going through what seems like a total abandonment and the loss of all love and hope. Amen

It all looks so bleak but this too shall pass, I hope and pray.

Jesus have mercy on my soul

maryn, Beth B, Sam and 1 other person like this.
  3. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Guest

Hugs to you, josephite. I will pray for you.

josephite likes this.
  4. josephite

josephite Powers

Thank you for your prayers.
    This cross has lightened at the moment.
    But I am hesitant to say it has lifted.
    My stable weapon/armour is the rosary, without which, I dare not contemplate!

SgCatholic and Beth B like this.
  5. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Oh what a suffering. I'll be praying that God gives you the grace to sustain you! Soooo hard....especially from your family. What a test....

josephite likes this.
  6. josephite

josephite Powers

Thank you Beth,
    I will not tell anyone what has happened today the 14th November, as it will sound too fanciful and totally unbelievable!

But it has happened and yes the cross has now had many weights added to it. The attacks are so obvious that they are now laughable! Here I am a laughing maniac:ROFLMAO::confused::ROFLMAO::confused:

Yet the only problem with the obviousness of the attacks........... is that they are only obvious and laughable to me!!o_O:confused:o_O

I will speak of just a few of the minor things that have happened! beside the cross I am carrying about my family for the last 2 weeks, today my boss has given me an ultimatum! I am not to give my patients any health requirements that I believe they are entitled to!, as this is costing the company too much money! [however the CEO's including my boss are skimming the money that is paid to our clients to pay their exorbarant salaries]!. He said if I am not happy with this then I should consider leaving!!!!

As a registerered nurse this goes against my duty of care and I am now in a dilemma!

We also had to put down our puppy this afternoon because our neighbours say he has now killed a second chook of theirs, he is only 8 months old and I have just had him desexed on Monday to stop him from wandering this cost $253 and he still had the stitiches in. This has caused major stress to myself, my husband and my son especially.

Our home phone has been on the blink for two weeks unexplainably! and our mobile phones don't work very well at our home location as they constantly cut out. My youngest son Daniel, who is back from uni and trying to save to pay for the accomodation back at the uni has been told today that his work hours are being reduced!.

I have dealt with many government departments today to no avail!. At one stage today I said ..'where are you God?'

And yes I prayed my rosarys today as usual, but I've been imporing Gods help in tears and not in joy. I visited the Blessed Sacrament today which I always do when I am in town [mostly] and I said another rosary there as well!

What is happening!!!!!!:unsure: I don't understand(n)

7. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

The life of the cross is not easy. It is not the cross itself but how you handle the experiences. All crosses are CHALLENGES...that cross through your path in life. They are a stepping stone to your final goal. We must focus on changing how we percieve things. Also understanding everything is for the greater glory of GOD.

If your dog dies its not about the sadness (a little is normal). But it is about the joy God allowed you to have through its existence. The friend that walked with you. When it passes it is not a cross. Just give thanks he/she was there on your journey.

Crosses are challenges...they will come and go. Give it all up to GOD.

May Gods Will be Done

davidtlig and bflocatholic like this.
  8. josephite

josephite Powers

Some crosses do not just come and go! some crosses and pains are forever!

When Our Lady suffered her seven sorrows they didn't just flippantly come and go! They remain for a great purpose, for our consolation

Just like some people have understanding of anothers sufferings and some people don't!

9. sterph

sterph Archangels

I will pray for you in your severe trial. Call on the angels for help. Greet the Principality in charge of where you adore Our Lord and request his help as well. Hopefully, relief will come soon.

10. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

Many great saints have suffered throughout their life. That was the cross given to them. That was the cross they accepted.

:( :)

11. DonnaS

DonnaS Guest

Fr Groeschel once said we want to carry our cross.....a Styrofoam one with wheels on it.....but that's not what the Lord has in mind for us.

Praetorian likes this.