1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

PELIANITO BLOG

Discussion in 'The mystical and Paranormal' started by mothersuperior7, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Andy3

Andy3 Powers Staff Member

Spiritual Communion:

[​IMG]

Do you feel too busy to make time for our Lord? An Act of Spiritual Communion can help! No matter what your day is like, Jesus can help make it better, or at least more bearable, if you ask him for His help and guidance in prayers such as this one, composed by St. Alphonsus Liguori in the 18th century:

My Jesus, I believe that you are present in the most Blessed Sacrament. I love You above all things and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot now receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace You as if You have already come, and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You. Amen.

The best way to receive Christ is in Holy Communion at Mass. (The picture above from a 19th century holy card commemorates the first Communion given out by our Lord Himself at the Last Supper.)

Yet for those times you can’t make Mass, or can’t take Communion because of an unconfessed mortal sin (for which you can ask for and receive God’s forgiveness in the Sacrament of Penance), you can still reach out to Him by making a Spiritual Communion in prayer!

St. Thomas Aquinas once defined a Spiritual Communion as “an ardent desire to receive Jesus in the Most Holy Sacrament [in Communion at Mass] and in lovingly embracing Him as if we had actually received Him.”

You can receive the Lord in Holy Communion up to twice a day as discussed here. However, you can make a Spiritual Communion as whenever and wherever you'd like, using the prayer given above, others like it such as the one below, or your own heartfelt thoughts.

It is an important part of Church teaching that the consecrated bread (in the form of wafers we call hosts) becomes what is known as the Blessed Sacrament, referred to in St. Alphonsus’s prayer above.

Those hosts not used in Holy Communion at Mass are placed in a special box known as the Tabernacle to be given out later to the sick or the dying who cannot attend Mass, and to be exposed otherwise for adoration in what is known as the Rite of Eucharistic Exposition and Benediction.

You can make a Spiritual Communion such as this one below during Mass, or before our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament, or anywhere else where the Spirit moves you.

Oh Jesus, I turn toward the holy tabernacle where You live hidden for love of me. I love you, O my God. I cannot receive you in Holy Communion. Come, nevertheless, and visit me with Your grace. Come spiritually into my heart. Purify it. Sanctify it. Render it like unto Your own. Amen.

Lord, I am not worthy that Thou shouldst enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.

This last sentence is drawn from Matthew’s Gospel (Matt 8:6), in which a Roman Centurion expressed his deep faith in our Lord’s healing powers (in this case to cure his servant rather than his soul). Jesus was quite moved by the soldier’s faith, and healed his servant at once.

Christ might not answer us quite so instantaneously, but rest assured, He can and will respond to anyone who comes to Him in love and humility for His Divine assistance. After all, didn’t he say in the Sermon on the Mount, concerning the power of prayer, “Ask, and it shall be given you: seek, and you shall find” (Matt 7:7)?

Indeed, our Lord loves each of us so much that he gives us great opportunities to be with Him on a daily basis. If the Pope came to your parish, you’d probably have to elbow your way through crowds of people to catch a glimpse of him.

And yet, think of it! You can have your own private “audience” with Christ at Mass in Holy Communion or in Spiritual Communion in front of the Blessed Sacrament! Countless Saints and theologians throughout the centuries have extolled the virtues and great spiritual benefits we can receive from this time spent with our Lord.

Remember, however, that you can “turn toward the holy tabernacle” and receive Jesus in your heart from anywhere you might happen to be, at any time, day or night!

You just need to approach Him with sincerity, humility and a desire to follow in His footsteps in acts of faith and charity. And He’s delighted when we do so! The Baltimore Catechism notes that a Spiritual Communion “is an act of devotion, and one very pleasing to God.”

St. Jean-Marie Vianney, a French priest famous for converting countless souls to Christ in his parish of Ars in the 19th century, once said “when we feel the love of God growing cold, let us instantly make a Spiritual Communion. When we cannot go to the church, let us turn towards the tabernacle; no wall can shut us out from the good God.” We can indeed be grateful for that!

2. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

Thanks!

3. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

And thanks Andy!

4. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

While you are able

In addition to what Mario posted, I suggest consecrating yourself to Jesus through Mary as soon as possible! Join our group doing this together on April 10th!!!

5. kathy k

kathy k Guest

Message from April 19th 2015:

Ephesians 4:20-21 Now to him who by the power at work within us is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, for ever and ever. Amen.

“Beloved do not doubt! I am showering graces in greater abundance than ever before upon those who are open to receiving them. This has nothing to do with your own merit of grace, but has everything to do with the significance of the times. Where sin abounds, grace abounds all the more. Then do not limit what I wish to do in you and through you. Believe that I am acting in new ways. Throw yourself into my service. Hold nothing back. Let go of all that you cling to. This will make the coming trial easier to bear. Become love. Love those I send you. Repent as soon as you sin. Pray ardently. Desire to live in complete union with me. Fuse your own will into mine. I am calling you anew, dear children. Look into your lives and cast off what is unnecessary. Cling to me. Become love. Children I am calling. What is your response?”

Beloved Father of my heart, by your grace, my response is, Fiat! In the Divine Will I beg for the grace to give my will completely over to you. Help me to accept every gift and grace it pleases you to give me. Help me to pray more ardently and divest myself of all unnecessary attachments, that I might become love and live only and always in the Divine Will. Jesus and Mary please obtain for me these graces, especially that I might fuse my will into the Divine Will. Here I am Father, I come to live in your holy and adorable will. Amen.

Jeanne, Patty, Andy3 and 2 others like this.
  6. Andy3

I needed this today. I am in a bit of a funk today and was just thinking of a recent sin. I did repent immediately but I was just thinking about how when one finds them self in sin, it is so easy to then be in a funk and of course it makes sense that we are in one because we have stained our soul and hurt the one we love, our Lord. I am pulling myself up but, or rather, "I" am not doing anything, I am relying on Him and His Love and Mercy to pull me out. It is so hard to pray when I am in sin or in this funk, but I was just talking to God saying that I know this is hard for me to pray to you right now, but I also know that I must pray to you right now and always regardless of what is going on in my own life. No matter what may be or seem impossible to me, He is the God that makes what is impossible, possible and I love Him so much for this. I really needed to read this today and I am already feeling the sun come back out on what has been a rather dreary day!

kathy k likes this.
  7. Adoremus

Adoremus Archangels

Re. spiritual communion, I read somewhere very recently, but I can't remember where, that one should not make a spiritual communion while not in the state of grace. I was not aware of this before and it surprised me to read it.

8. padraig

padraig New Member

I have never heard of this! I am surprised!

It reminds me of the guy who asked the priest, ' Father is it OK if I smoke while I am praying?'

To which the wise priest replied, 'Ask yourself is it OK to pray while you are smoking'.:);)

9. Andy3

10. Adoremus

Adoremus Archangels

11. Infant Jesus of Prague

Infant Jesus of Prague The More you Honor Me The More I will Bless Thee

Spiritual communion
    Question from Nishant Jeyaraj on 09-28-2010:

Is it lawful to spiritually communicate in mortal sin? If yes, what does that communion really mean since God cannot dwell in a soul that has sinned unto death?
    Answer by Rev. Mark J. Gantley, JCL on 11-24-2010:
    There are no canonical norms on "spiritual" communion.

http://www.ewtn.com/vexperts/showresult.asp?

Spiritual Communion
    Question from Big Un on 05-26-2002:

Father Levis,
    1.When making a spiritual communion does one need to be in the state of grace meaning having been to confession not just act of contrition and does one need to fast for an hour before?
    Thank You

Answer by Fr. William A. Rice on 05-26-2002:
    Dear Big, To make a sincere spiritual communion, one does not have to be in the State of Grace. BUT, that sincere act almost automatically accompanies an act of sincere contrition, or it would be phony. Now if a person were not in the State of Grace, he would have to endeavor to make an act of perfect contrition, and intend to get to Confession as soon as normally possible. No fasting is required. Thanks for asking. Fr. Rice

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  12. Infant Jesus of Prague

Infant Jesus of Prague The More you Honor Me The More I will Bless Thee

Father Hosts te show WEB of Faith
    Answer by Fr. John Trigilio on 08-14-2003:

There are two Acts of Spiritual Communion I am familiar with:

My Jesus, I believe that You are in the Blessed Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I long for You in my soul. Since I cannot now receive You sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. As though You have already come, I embrace You and unite myself entirely to You; never permit me to be separated from You. (EWTN)

I wish O Lord, to receive You with the purity, humility and devotion with which Your most Holy Mother received You in the spirit and fervor of all the saints. (Opus Dei)

Spiritual Communion is done when a person is unable to make a Sacramental Communion. Since there is no physical reception of the real, true, and substantial Body & Blood, Soul & Divinity of Christ in a spiritual communion, then there is no reception of sanctifying grace, only actual grace. While Canon Law only permits someone to receive Holy Communion no more than twice in one day, a person can make NUMEROUS spiritual communions all day long.

Hope this helps...

13. hope

hope Guest

A dream…
    Published by pelianito at 7:19 pm under Divine Will,Dreams,Flame of Love,Holy Spirit,Hope,Kingdom,Mary,Prayer,Purpose,Triumph

Dear friends last night I dreamed of a demon who was teaching a theology class. He was teaching subtle falsehoods, such as God the Father is the main God, and Jesus is another, lesser God. I was thinking, “That’s not right. Jesus and the Father and the Holy Spirit are three Persons in one God, co-equal.” Someone in the class asked about the Holy Spirit. The demon got very annoyed at that question and didn’t really answer it. The next thing I could see was that there was a chalice there, like the ones used at the consecration. He spilled the chalice and that was the end of my dream, but I did note one other peculiar thing. Other than looking like a fairly typical teacher in a theology class, the eyes of the demon were completely blind, as if there were hard scales on them.

I have pondered and prayed over this dream. Several things come to mind. Most obvious is the way that subtle falsehoods have permeated not just the culture, but in some cases the seminaries. Families, even Catholic families, often have a very poor understanding of even basic theology. What they are passing on to their children is even more paltry and inaccurate. I’m sure we have all experienced this in real life.

The second important facet of the dream, and I believe a real message for all of us, is the critical importance of the Holy Spirit. It is urgent, dear friends, that we all deepen our relationship to the Holy Spirit. In the previous message, Our Lord said twice, “Become love.” What better way than by praying for a deeper infilling of the Holy Spirit, the very Breath of Love that flows between the Father and the Son. If we long for the coming Era of Peace, the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart, the Kingdom of the Divine Will, let us conceive it in our souls NOW, gestate it, nurture it, and carry it to term, following the example of our most Blessed Mother. We do this by fervently desiring to open ourselves to the Holy Spirit, by emptying ourselves in order to be filled by Him, praying, “Holy Spirit, use me as you wish to accomplish your designs upon the world!”

The chalice in the dream I feel represented the blood of the martyrs that the evil one is callously spilling each day. I felt in the dream that the Holy Spirit, the mention of Whom was greatly annoying to the demon, is a critical remedy to the ills of our day. If we deepen our relationship with the Holy Spirit, if we use His abundant gifts for the good of all, there will be no defense the enemy can mount against us, and no offense that can give him victory. The Holy Spirit in so many ways, is begging us to invite Him into our hearts and souls, so that he may act in us for the good of all. We must not delay in our response! Whatever is distracting us from being docile to the Spirit must be jettisoned. Of course our daily duty is part of the holy calling of each of us. Our family life and commitments are holy and worthy sacramentals, signs of our membership in the greater family of God. But we all have extra things that are mere distractions. It is time to imitate Mary in professing our fiatwith all our heart, to give God the choicest portions of our lives, not just the leftovers.

The final point I gleaned from the dream, and one that gave me great hope, was that the demon was completely blind. This, I believe, was a confirmation of the Flame of Love devotion, in which Our Lord told Elizabeth Kindelmann that the effect of the prayers was to “blind satan”. I believe that the Lord wished us to know that the Flame of Love prayer warriors have already weakened the enemy. Then let us, with renewed fervour, “pray ardently” as our Lord also said in the previous message. Let us be encouraged in our calling and become true signs of hope for others and instruments of the Divine Will.

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and kindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit and they shall be created. And You shall renew the face of the earth. O, God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever rejoice in His consolations, through Christ Our Lord, Amen.

josephite and kathy k like this.
  14. kathy k

kathy k Guest

Amen!!!

I want to recommend a book that I have been reading for some time (I can only take it in small nibbles, it is so rich!) "The Sanctifier" by Archbishop Luis Martinez. I am learning so much about the Holy Spirit through this work. Archbishop Martinez was the spiritual director for Blessed Conchita in the last years of her life.

I just read in the forward to this book that when he assumed his position in the Archdiocese of Mexico City, he told the people in his sermon, "I come to promise you but one thing: I come to give you my life."

Come Holy Spirit and send a fresh outpouring of your gifts on every priest walking the earth in these dark days, and draw them like magnets to the center of the Divine Will, so they can say firmly, joyfully, as true shepherds of the people of God: 'I come to give you my life'.

josephite likes this.
  15. Fatima

Fatima Powers

onday, July 27, 2015

Isaiah 11:11, 12:1 On that day the Lord will extend his hand yet a second time to recover the remnant that is left of his people [. . .] You will say on that day: I will give thanks to you, O Lord, for though you were angry with me, your anger turned away, and you comforted me. “Beloved child I am about to do what has been foretold since the days of antiquity. Be not afraid. Always, what I allow is for the greater good of my children. For your part, remain steadfast. Do not waver to the left or to the right but cling to the Truth with all your might. Let your will be firm and do not be swayed. The enemy knows your weakness and will use it against you. Remain steadfast. Lock arms with those who also wish to remain steadfast. Together your resolve is strengthened and is indeed greater than the sum of its parts. The time is upon you when you will be tested and tried in ways unimagined. Be firm. Pray for strength. Remain humble and let our Mother lead you. There is a strength in humility that cannot be gained in any other way. Imitate me as I stood trial. Everything I did had purpose and meaning—even my silent submission to the cruelty of others. Live in my will and you will not be put to shame. I am near to all who suffer on my account. Trust in me and you will see my glory.”

Many of Pedro Regis' messages speak of holding fast to the truth as well. This theme is being echoed by many messengers at this moment. It seems to indicate that something extraordinary is coming very soon that will shake the faith of nearly all and especially those who live the faith, but perhaps can be persuaded to leave the truth in an event that questions one own faith, because they are not rooted in her teachings. I truly believe that this is why the papacy of St. Pope John Paul II was so essential leading up to this moment. He gave the Church the means of knowing what is unchanging truth through his Catholic Catechism and the numerous papal encyclical's. Unfortunately most have not spent time reflecting on his volumes of writings and will easily fall when their faith is challenged. Pray, pray, pray.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  16. Andy3

When I read that I felt nothing but joy and trust. At first thought I felt that one could be scared to be tested so hard and to see unimaginable things and tragedy unfold before our eyes, but then you realize that to see such things is to witness the power, and justice and awe of God and then how can one fear? To be a witness to God's justice, to be here now is a truly special grace. We all are here at this time for a reason. Some will surely be called home and do far greater works there than they can do here and some will stay and the chosen remnant will have such a hard and yet wonderful purpose in the world. They will be the light in the dark. We musn't fear the attacks of the enemey even when they come to us with the things that we fall to always. We must always trust in the Lord and trust that we are His and that He loves us and always has. His arms are always outstretched for us no matter our flaws. He understands everything in our hearts. Give your hearts to the Lord despite your flaws if we only come to him with humility and sorrow for our faults against Him. Give everything to Him for He gave it all for us. Be sorrowful, be repentent and accept His love for us and want to give that love back in return. Always trust in and love the Lord.

Never be fearful of what is to come for it is divine and even in our darkest, scariest moments trust and call out to God. I have been there and I know its grace. I pray for me that no matter what darkness, what temptation, what sorrows may come in my life going forward, I pray to remember that trust and that call out to God in my darkest time in life. Many of you know I have been in that dark, sorroful place. I have felt what was an instant of joy turn to instant sorrow and unknown and fear with the birth of our first child. I tasted it again at the time before her passing after 17 short months. In all those terrible, helpless moments, I called out to God and He got me through. He will get us all through no matter the horrors to come if we turn to Him., trust in Him and give everything to Him. Remnant or not we are all His and we are all family under the same Father and Blessed Mother. Whether we are here together some day to be the light in the world and be a part of the triumph of the Immaculate Heart or in Heaven with our Lord, how glorious and wonderful it will be because we are together with Our Father, in total Love!

17. Fatima

Fatima Powers

With rosary in hand we shall not fall.

josephite and Andy3 like this.
  18. Andy3

and with the scapular as our armor, how could we!

[​IMG]

19. carpediemptf

carpediemptf BeStillandPray

If we turn to the passage in the Bible (one among many examples) where Jesus had just suffered his agony in the garden of gethsemane and the cohort were coming to arrest him and we observe how the disciples reacted, we will get a true sense of how easy it is to let fear blind us and keep us from staying close to Jesus even when it seems like all is falling apart around us. Jesus told Peter, James, and John to pray that they not be put to the test = Jesus gave them the answer = pray pray pray and do not rely on your own strength/ego!

Another passage that I am recently often moved by the Holy Spirit to contemplate is when the disciples were on the boat dealing with a massive storm that was so bad they thought they were dying while Jesus remained asleep on the boat. They were so afraid that they were going to die, that rather than trusting Jesus and continuing to battle the storm they complained and woke up Jesus. FEAR PARALYZES US.

First they stopped doing what was given for them to do and two, they complained rather than trust in Jesus who was with them on the boat and obviously was not going to allow the boat to be capsized. The main point is that if we rely on ourselves (our weak sinful self), we will always let fear control our actions and in turn not see God working through the very things that are taking place around us.

The only answer to this is to pray often (especially the Rosary and Divine Mercy) partake in the Sacraments regularly, and as often as possible, spend much time before Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament allowing him to deepen our faith and move us more and more to having our faith rooted on solid ground so that when fearful situations arise, we will be able to handle all that takes place around us knowing that God is with us and that His will is for us to continue dealing with what has been given to us to deal with.

I have experienced over and over again on the micro level situations that I don't want to deal with and I feel like I can't handle anymore and yet I know that God is training me through these situations to be prepared for much more difficult situations that are soon to come upon all of us (kind of like small storms to prepare for the big storm). Let us not forgot the words of psalm 91 verse 7:

"A thousand may fall at your side and ten thousand at your right hand, But it shall not approach you"

If we rely on ourself, we will be paralyzed with fear, but if we are able to trust in Jesus, then there is nothing we can't handle and it is the very act of handling whatever is happening, in faith, even when it seems all is lost, that will strengthen our faith and allow us to be a true witness of God's love to a lost world.

josephite, Mario and PotatoSack like this.
  20. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Pelianito blog
    Aug 9 at 11:27 PM

Jeremiah 12:14-17 Thus says the Lord concerning all my evil neighbours who touch the heritage that I have given my people Israel to inherit: I am about to pluck them up from their land, and I will pluck up the house of Judah from among them. And after I have plucked them up, I will again have compassion on them, and I will bring them again to their heritage and to their land, every one of them. And then, if they will diligently learn the ways of my people, to swear by my name, ‘As the Lord lives’, as they taught my people to swear by Baal, then they shall be built up in the midst of my people. But if any nation will not listen, then I will completely uproot it and destroy it, says the Lord. “My child, there is nothing that happens that does not have ramifications in the spiritual realm. Woe to those who oppress my people! I am being scourged and mocked by legions! I am about to rattle the nations, to wake them from their sin and error. Pray for nations, my children. Pray for those who are mercilessly persecuting me in my followers. Do I not feel every one of the blows myself? Do I not weep in the loneliness and despair of those imprisoned for being my followers? Do I not feel the gnawing hunger in my belly that my displaced children feel? You must know that my justice will be appeased in this as in all things. A great shaking* is about to come for the whole world. Pray that souls will be converted. Offer your prayers in the Divine Will for greater efficacy. I will hear you and my mercy will flow through you into the world. Mercy triumphs over justice. Yet the Divine justice is always satisfied. Pray. Fast. Do so in the Divine Will and your will accomplish inf initely more than you can imagine. Children, pray!” O my Jesus, in the Divine Will I offer you all the sufferings of my life linked to your sufferings and those of your most holy Mother. I do this in the name of everyone from Adam to the last man so that in the Divine Will your justice may be satisfied and your mercy may triumph. I offer this in reparation to the much-wounded Trinity, for the conversion of souls, for the conversion of nations, and for the conversion of those who are persecuting you in your followers. I offer these prayers in the Flame of Love and crown them with the fiats of Jesus and Mary. Blessed Trinity of Love, have mercy! Amen.

hope likes this.