Mark Mallett on Refuges

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by earthtoangels, Apr 16, 2020.

1. AED

AED Powers

Yes it was and done beautifully. Father had a purple cloth covering his car window. We were waiting in single file and drove up. Ig was basically an outdoor confessional. I would say go for it. It was a great blessing.

2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thank you !

AED likes this.
  3. Indy

Indy Praying

Screenshot from 2020-04-18 13-50-33.jpg

One of the most enjoyable sights I see when driving around some parts of Ireland are the Divine Mercy Images on the sides of roads. Here is one on the way to where I live. There are quite a few around North Galway and Mayo. I have often wondered will they help in some ways during the Chastisements. There certainly help me any time I see them right now and in the past.

Beth B, Jo M, Sam and 9 others like this.
  4. Krizevac

Krizevac Archangels

There's one that's facing me on my road home from work. With His hand raised in blessing, it always feels like he's giving me a wave as I pass, so I always smile and do that Irish thing of lifting a few fingers off the steering wheel as you do when you see a friend on the road . Lifts my mood every time.

Beth B, Sam, Indy and 6 others like this.
  5. AED

AED Powers

I was just rereading my post and I sound so prideful. Yikes. I didnt mean to. I guess what I was saying as regards Fr Michel and preparing for other more dire chastisements is that I have been trying to do that for awhile. Years in fact. I dont know why such pressure interiorly made me do it except God's grace. Even when we bought this house 32 years ago (no one understood why we did it--it was a wreck) but we both knew it was set aside for us for a purpose. Some years later a man who was often at Adoration when I was there--a very elderly lovely man who prayed for hours in front of Our Lord told me --as we got talking--that my house would be a refuge. I was not familiar with that idea but he seemed to discern it. I told him the almost miraculous way we acquired the house (through St Joseph) and he nodded as if "of course you were meant to have it." He died a few years ago. I was away at the time and was so sad to lose him. I still have his book on the Illumination!
    As far as being prepared my house is armored up as they say but I have a long way to go to get ready spiritually.(n):(

Beth B, Tanker, Sam and 2 others like this.
  6. AED

AED Powers

How wonderful!

7. Irishguy2

Irishguy2 Guest

Think I have passed that road before as I recognised it. Was that road going to Mayo and Knock?

AED likes this.
  8. Indy

Indy Praying

I love that thing in rural Ireland where we use a few fingers as we drive to salute people we meet in the opposite car. I have a friend from rural county Clare, a great character who now lives in Ohio outside Cleveland. He still salutes people as he drives and I believe people find quite amusing.

Beth B and Krizevac like this.
  9. Indy

Indy Praying

Yes, that's the road from Galway to Mayo, the Galway side of Tuam. There are quite a few of those signs around the west thank God. Maybe there is some hope.

Beth B, Irishguy2 and Sam like this.
  10. Irishguy2

Irishguy2 Guest

I recognised it as I used to travel up to Knock . Found west of Ireland strong faith than the east of Ireland or south (where I am from).

The old church was better than new attached church cos I could feel the spiritual atmosphere there as it was sort of empty in new apparition church.

Indy likes this.
  11. Indy

Indy Praying

I guess though in places where there seems to be less faith you will always find pockets of great faith to counter the lack.

Beth B likes this.
  12. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Such a beautiful sight. I have no doubt that that they will helpful.

Beth B likes this.
  13. garabandal

garabandal Powers

The Divine Mercy Image is very,very powerful!

It is also so beautiful.

Jo M, AED and Beth B like this.