1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

I fear that Cardinal Walter Kasper is in grave error

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Richard67, Jul 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CrewDog

CrewDog Powers

AT EASE!!!
    Ya'll know I identify as a renegade Catholic. At age 65, I figure ... thanks to my Pre-Vatican II Catholic Parents, Old School Priests-n-Nuns and EWTN ... my compass bearings are where they need to be. Soooo ... I, frankly, don't give a S*** what Cardinal Kasper thinks or says ..... along with a bunch of others in the Hierarchy that may or may not be doing The Lord's Work! If what I suspect is soon coming ..... As they say in the Old South ..... Kasper and the rest of the "Questionables" won't matter more than a Fart in a Whirlwind. Let's concern ourselves, families and friends with more pressing matters .... like survival .... Salvation!!!

GOD GUIDE AND SAVE ALL HERE!!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  2. Infant Jesus of Prague

Infant Jesus of Prague The More you Honor Me The More I will Bless Thee

oh yes it is!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6P4rmItAUVU

silly I know.... I couldn't find a boxing qiwi so ...no disrespect to anyone is only meant for a chuckle

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  3. Scolaire Bocht

Scolaire Bocht Principalities

Anyway isn't it scandalous that this debate is totally irrelevant in Ireland? The chances of an Irish priest denying Holy Communion to a divorced Catholic, or someone living with another person irregularly, is completely zero.

Hence maybe this cavalier approach to the giving of that Sacrament causes offence to the Man above and mass, which ought to be the summit of graces and holiness, could, theoretically, become a place where He is insulted?

Hopefully not but you'd wonder...

4. padraig

padraig New Member

5. Mac

Mac "To Jesus, through Mary"

[​IMG]
    A 93 year old Italian priest named Michele de Paolis, considered to be Italy’s most rebellious priest and amongst the most universally notorious advocates for the Catholic Church to change its position on homosexuality, said:

homosexual love is a gift from (God) no less than heterosexual.

This same damned heretic said:

The Bible “is” not the word of God

And now, just a few days ago, Francis, whether by his own will or through some malicious advisors, celebrated mass with this evil man and then kissed his hand, as this photo attests:​

6. Joe Crozier

Joe Crozier Guest

several questions
    what is your source
    Does he advocate homosexual relationships or does he merely discourage persecution of homosexuals, in line with the catechism. (again examples and source)
    What has the Pope actually said to him about this matter?
    Did he actually use the term "Homosexual love"
    How do you know he has been damned - hotline to God?
    Why have got commas around "is"?
    Is the Pope actually kissing his Hand or something he is holding?
    How can any Catholic priest say the bible is not the word of God? I simply do not believe that. What did he really say?
    This could simply be a mark of respect for the elderly. An appreciation for better times long gone. It could just be Our Pope being a gentle man and a gentleman. There is nothing weak in that.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2015
  7. Blue Horizon

Blue Horizon Guest

Yes I think this is the right way to go in times of confusion and uncertainty...

The problem with "There's nothing to debate when it comes to settled Church teachings" is that this is a spirit of Protestantism.
    Just switch out "the Bible" with "settled Church Teachings" and its the same thing.

When us lay individuals on our own private authority, our own theological "expertise", decide unilaterally for other Catholics as to what is "settled", what is 'black and white" and what is correctly or incorrectly applied in a pastoral situation, what can be debated and what cannot ... then in fact we are doing exactly what Protestants do with the Bible.

We personally and privately decide what the Bible/Doctrine is saying to us, we personally decide what is correct, we personally decide who to reject and who to let pass.

Why is this spirit not a massive unrecognised self-pride when we indulge such misguided "righteous anger" in alleged defence of the Church - believing the highly educated and experienced College of Bishops and Cardinals, whose vocation we in fact usurp by trying to close down their debate that we personally cannot tolerate, are not capable of sorting this out better than we?

Joe has a very good point - there is a boil that needs to come to a head and to be lanced in a healthy way. Its painful to tolerate but needs to happen.
    That is clearly the process Pope Francis is wanting and to pretend that we laity in our "expertise" know better and believe it is Catholic to call any Cardinal in good standing a "heretic" beggars belief.

The Church isn't a democracy, nor does God need any of us to save it - though some here think everything depends on us laity "lobbying" and closing down topics and demonising "renegade" Cardinals. Reminds me of Prometheus who felt entitled to take fire from the gods for humanity's sake . Lets not take ourselves too seriously folks.
    [​IMG]

Joe you are more lucky than I - Padraig gave me the boot without any of the warnings he has kindly provided you re your choice of words!
    We are all passionate on this topic, lets do our best not to inflame one another (y).

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2015
    Eamonn likes this.
  8. Spirit of Truth

Spirit of Truth Archangels

I do not like the word "damned" It is an ugly emotion. It lacks mercy. Like someone shaking something undesirable of his, her foot. Pray for him.

Joe, has some very honest and important questions. I too would like some enlightenment here. I know very little about this man. There are many men. However, I will post this for all men:

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach a gospel to you besides that which we have preached to you, let him be anathema.

As we said before, so now I say again: If any one preach to you a gospel, besides that which you have received, let him be anathema.

I sincerely hope that the above teachings from Galatians are respected and thought by all; by all who love truth: lest ye be wolves in sheep's clothing. --Away from me and my Church!

God bless!

Clare A likes this.
  9. BrianK

BrianK Guest

You are either woefully ignorant or purposely dissembling.

Either way, you're up to the same tricks so I wouldn't be surprised if you get the boot again.

10. Blue Horizon

Blue Horizon Guest

Brian please play the ball not the man as Padraig urges us ... thanks.

Eamonn likes this.
  11. Blue Horizon

Blue Horizon Guest

ST I suppose the deeper question is this ... who makes the anathema decision wrt fellow Catholics?
    I suggest other quotes in the New Testament make it clear that this is a considered and consensual decision of the Church Elders - not a mob of lay individuals quick to pick up stones.
    All the more so when the "gospel preacher" is an Elder of high rank like a Cardinal or Pope in presumed good standing.

12. Blue Horizon

Blue Horizon Guest

Come on Mac. I like it when good men associate with sinners in order to save them.
    Its what Jesus would do, lets not react like the Pharisees.

Mt 9:10: "As Jesus was reclining at table in the house many tax collectors and sinners came and were dining with Jesus and His disciples.
    When the Pharisees saw this, they said, "Why is he eating with the tax collectors and sinners?"

13. Blue Horizon

Blue Horizon Guest

Maybe this...
    [​IMG]
    Its a "taiaha" not boxing gloves though, much more Kiwi :D.

14. BrianK

BrianK Guest

I rarely utilize an "ignore" feature on a forum. In your case I did, before you were banned. I guess its time to make recourse to it once again.

15. Blue Horizon

Blue Horizon Guest

I don't know what he actually said but to say that "the Bible is not the word of God" is a common enough exaggeration/provocation which Biblical Scholars and Catholic seminary/uni lecturers come out with often enough (they did in the 1980s when I was at Cath Uni).

They are simply observing that God's Word is always mediated by flesh and blood human individuals who are not simply blind parrots and who clothe their experiences in limited human language, customs and cultural expressions.

Likewise with Apparitions, does Mary actually speak to us ... or is it the Seers who speak to us what they received from her?
    As Cardinal Ratzinger has stated a number of times, because of this intermediary role it seems that limitations and even distortions can take place even in Apparitions judged worthy of belief.

16. miker

miker Powers

It appears test almost every part of the
    Why are you posting a story from 2014 and making it appear as if it happened a few days ago? Further the source came out at roughly the sametime (back in 2014) indicating that they really did not have the full facts. I honestly don't understand the motivation here?

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/p...osexual-activist-fr.-de-paolis-the-unanswered

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  17. padraig

padraig New Member

Sigh I think we'll give this thread a much needed rest, so I'm going to freeze it. It is getting as cantankerous as 90 old dog with toothache. It is not so much going somewhere as everyone going for each other, a bad spirit.

Advocate, Clare A and BrianK like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.