Garabandal Objections

Discussion in 'Marian Apparitions' started by SteveD, Apr 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jerry

jerry Guest

i would be grateful for more information on this documentary.

Is what you state that of your recollection of watching the program. If what you state Conchita said in the program comes from an article referencing the program i would be grateful for a link to that article.

Do you know whether the BBC program is on you-tube for us to watch?

Thanks.

2. Andy3

Andy3 Powers

Is this a debate with respect on both sides or a heated argument? One of the many problems with this discussion is that no matter what it will keep coming back to the fact of trying to prove from books and interviews etc but one side can always say to the other prove it. Prove that what the writer of the books and articles were indeed true. We can't prove it so we can only try to discern. This is where faith comes in. Even our wonderful faith and religion has plenty of arguments against it from outside and yet we believe. Why do we believe? What do we have to prove our faith? The bible? Apostolic Tradition? Easy for us to believe but not the other 5 billion people in the world who are not catholic. Which bible do you believe in? There are so many and I could even argue that the bible most Catholics use or the scripture readings I hear every Sunday could not be the truest word that was lost n translation these past 1800+ years since the bible was given to the world. And what of Tradition past down from generation to generation.? Ever played the telephone game? One can always argue either side of these discussions facts or no facts because even facts can be doubted by asking where did you get this from. If it is a letter did you see the person write the letter. As for relics which I am not suggesting at all that Conchita is lieing about but one could easily say were you there when St. Pio took off the glove and sent it to her. Or were you there when His will was read and the items were placed in the package to be sent. I have opnions on this discussion and will share them. I believe in Garabandal not just because of Garabandal but because the Warning or concept if the warning is not just from Garabandal but from several other Saints and even scripture in both the gospel and the book of revelation and probably other places too if I were a more learned bible scholar. I always hear the point people make that we don't need to believe in visions or locutions and this really bothers me. Of course we need this. Isn't that why heaven continues to talk. God has always spoken to His people through Prophets. We believe in all the spoken word and prophecies in the Bible to build our faith and work out our salvation so why would we stop now. If we are in the end times why wouldn't we listen to what was spoken to us in Acts 2. Does Heaven not speak to us to help us?

[16] But this is that which was spoken of by the prophet Joel: [17] And it shall come to pass, in the last days, (saith the Lord,) I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams. [18] And upon my servants indeed, and upon my handmaids will I pour out in those days of my spirit, and they shall prophesy. [19] And I will shew wonders in the heaven above, and signs on the earth beneath: blood and fire, and vapour of smoke. [20] The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and manifest day of the Lord come.

My point is why get so heated with each other so much about who is right and who is wrong especially in Holy Week as Bernadette already said. It is so odd to me to see such an angry, heated argument by very good and holy people in a week when we should be praying and filled with sorrow for the sins of the world that put Our wonderful perfect Lord and savior on the cross.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
    Bernadette likes this.
  3. Glenn

Glenn Guest

Selective quote Steve . Why don't we also mention that Conchita states in that interview EMPHATICALLY WHEN ASKED (about the Miracle ) WHAT DOES SHE BELIEVE NOW: " I BELIEVE VERY STRONGLY IT WILL COME " .

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2014
  4. josephite

josephite Powers

God is so good I praise His most Holy Name

The Divine Praises
    Blessed be God.
    Blessed be His Holy Name.
    Blessed be Jesus Christ, true God and true man.
    Blessed be the name of Jesus.
    Blessed be His Most Sacred Heart.
    Blessed be Jesus in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
    Blessed be the Holy Spirit, the paraclete.
    Blessed be the great Mother of God, Mary most holy.
    Blessed be her holy and Immaculate Conception.
    Blessed be her glorious Assumption.
    Blessed be the name of Mary, Virgin and Mother.
    Blessed be Saint Joseph, her most chaste spouse.
    Blessed be God in His angels and in His Saints.

May the heart of Jesus, in the Most Blessed Sacrament, be praised, adored, and loved with grateful affection, at every moment, in all the tabernacles of the world, even to the end of time. Amen.

Dearest St Joseph, in your life on earth
    you well knew the agonies of Doubt
    and the frustrations of uncertainty,
    and you experienced deeply
    the need all men have of guidence.
    Look with compassion upon the Catholic faithful
    as we stand in need of wise counsel.
    Pray for us to the Spirit of Wisdom, of counsel and of understanding,
    in this our lenten time here on earth,
    To aid us with His light and His truth.
    May your own example inspire us wholly and wholeheartedly
    to the will of God
    and to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
    May your prayers win for us
    the strenght to follow that leading;
    and may we experience the joy
    to be found in being one with the Lord in saying
    'Father thy will be done'
    Amen

Eternal Father, in whom mercy is endless
    and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
    look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us,
    that in difficult moments we may not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence
    submit ourselves to Your holy will,
    which is Love and Mercy itself.
    Amen

kathy k and picadillo like this.
  5. picadillo

picadillo Guest

The Divine Praises
    Blessed be God.
    Blessed be His Holy Name.
    Blessed be Jesus Christ, true God and true man.
    Blessed be the name of Jesus.
    Blessed be His Most Sacred Heart.
    Blessed be Jesus in the Most Holy Sacrament of the Altar.
    Blessed be the Holy Spirit, the paraclete.
    Blessed be the great Mother of God, Mary most holy.
    Blessed be her holy and Immaculate Conception.
    Blessed be her glorious Assumption.
    Blessed be the name of Mary, Virgin and Mother.
    Blessed be Saint Joseph, her most chaste spouse.
    Blessed be God in His angels and in His Saints.

May the heart of Jesus, in the Most Blessed Sacrament, be praised, adored, and loved with grateful affection, at every moment, in all the tabernacles of the world, even to the end of time. Amen.

Dearest St Joseph, in your life on earth
    you well knew the agonies of Doubt
    and the frustrations of uncertainty,
    and you experienced deeply
    the need all men have of guidence.
    Look with compassion upon the Catholic faithful
    as we stand in need of wise counsel.
    Pray for us to the Spirit of Wisdom, of counsel and of understanding,
    in this our lenten time here on earth,
    To aid us with His light and His truth.
    May your own example inspire us wholly and wholeheartedly
    to the will of God
    and to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
    May your prayers win for us
    the strenght to follow that leading;
    and may we experience the joy
    to be found in being one with the Lord in saying
    'Father thy will be done'
    Amen

Eternal Father, in whom mercy is endless
    and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
    look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us,
    that in difficult moments we may not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence
    submit ourselves to Your holy will,
    which is Love and Mercy itself.
    Amen[/quote]

Beautiful Josephine. Sometimes I forget.

Timothius722 likes this.
  6. Mac

Mac Guest

The only paper work I have on this comes from the 1973 interview between Conchita and Dr Dominguez. Called Conchita speaks. The doctor is reported as a good friend, 'This is fascinating, On the day of the miracle the sick will be cured. Joe Lomangino will recver his sight.' THE BOY FROM YOUR VILLAGE WILL BE CURED OF HIS PARALYSIS.' ....

This is in 1983 issue of Garabandal magazine. And Conchita does not correct him.

7. Mac

Mac Guest

Actually earlier in the interview we read...
    Q . I think the Virgin mentioned 1 man ,Joe Lomangino, what did she say about him?

A. [CONHITAS WORDS] .. She said on the day of the miracle he will recover his sight.She also talked about a paralytic boy whose parents came from my town. This boy will also be cured. These are the only 2 people she mentioned.

So Conchitas own testimony in Garabandals own magazine.

8. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Your are imagining things. Or you are over sensitive. I have not been trying to intimidate you or bully you off the forum. I was just being curious wondering why you only post on this thread.

But you have answered my question so thank you for taking the time to do so.

9. Jackie

Jackie Archangels

Mike,

I can give witness to one that is true, by a change of my heart is evidence. God the Holy Spirit and Our Lady's grace.

Most of current private revelation, I mean, the daily messages from Heaven aren't investigated by the bishops because most current messages haven't ended yet. Plus, the prophecy stated in them hasn't taken place thus far.

It is the time we're in too, we are closer to the divine events prophesied happening. And some private revelation speaks of the loss of faith by the very consecrated who decide if a private revelation is true or not. They're sure not going to rush to approve.

In the latest Locutions to the World, there is a message about people disbelieving private revelation. This isn't up at the main website yet, I saw it on a Catholic end times blog. I know it is not a Garabandal message but the Blessed Mother points out a fact.

7. Roar Like A Lion Apr 7th, 2014 - Mary

...Yet, the world goes along as if all is well. The battle cry that issues form my heart is heard only by a few. I have raised up many voices but these are quieted and put in their place. “This is only private revelation” says the Church. “It can be accepted or rejected. It does not belong to the Deposit of Revelation”. Such is the reply that I so often hear. Why do I speak, if people are not to listen? What good is a warning, if no one heeds my words? ....

http://apocalypseparadigm.blogspot.com/

10. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Hi Glenn - my post was kinda tongue in cheek - if Joey was able to come onto the forum and read the posts then that would mean the Warning & Miracle would have happened so there would be no Garabandal objections.

Was kinda trying to lighten the mood. I am sure even Garabandal doubters would like the warning and miracle to happen.

11. Mac

Mac Guest

True Garabandal, I cant imagine anyone being against the warning and miracle. The warning would be a great grace .

12. Glenn

Glenn Guest

Really ? I know a lot of Garabandal "haters" ( not only that they don't believe but go out of their way to spread lies and hatred of Mary's messages, not exclusive to this board ) Imagine how Jesus will deal with those who have insulted and attacked his sinless Mother ? OH believe me ,there are those who pray it never happens, not only so they can be proven right but to avoid the wrath of God !

Eamonn and Fatima like this.
  13. Glenn

Glenn Guest

I know you were being light hearted , I just wanted to mention that comment because that's how Joey stays sane , he laughs off the attackers and unbelievers. I wish I had the grace to that. He jokingly once called me " The Blessed Mother's Pitbull" , now I'm not so sure he was joking,lol. Thanks for all you do here.

14. Glenn

Glenn Guest

Yes I understand that, BUT where is the documentation that he died ? That is your point right ? Unproven to me.

15. Fatima

Fatima Guest

That's what I find so amazing about the haters of Garabandal. They do not attack the Garabandal messages as anti-Church doctrine, rather they take alleged incidents and rumors about them as gospel. They don't back up anything they say with evidence only more hearsay. What is it the children of Garabadnal have said that is so anti-Catholic doctrine? What penances and prayers did they profess then and have they since repeated that is so anti-Catholic? No, they will take a lie and repeat it over and over again, like a broken record, as if the more you spread the slander against the events of Garabandal the more they will believe it themselves and hopefully draw others into their disbelief.

Timothius722, Torrentum and Glenn like this.
  16. Fatima

Fatima Guest

While MikeG believes it is a 'demonic' exercise to run up rocky hills backwards and not stumble, does he also think that after doing that, then collecting 100's of rosaries from the bystanders to have them blessed by our Lady while looking up at her, and after the blessing hands them individually back to all those who gave rosaries to be blessed without looking at them or knowing who game them the rosary to begin with, does he believe that this is a demonic practice as well? These are visual facts that can be seen on youtube video below. Not made up stories to suppress the discerning and doubting.

Timothius722 and Glenn like this.
  17. Glenn

Glenn Guest

For anyone to claim the " message of Garabandal " is demonic ,shows a stunning lack of understand of what the " MESSAGE " IS ! It is not about the supernatural validity of the apparitions,as much asi its about Mary's message to us ! Her messages were really about CONFESSION, REPENTANCE, DAILY MASS, COMMUNION, THE ROSARY, THE SCAPULAR, HOW IN THE WORLD IS ANY OF THAT DEMONIC ? THIS ONLY SERVES THE WILL OF GOD IN ALL ITS FORMS !

Timothius722 and Torrentum like this.
  18. Genuflect

Genuflect New Member

Mike G Could you verify or give some source material on your pervious statements as follows:

1.)Multiple false prophecies
    2.)Behaviors by the girls during ecstasy that are more common to demonic activity
    3.)The lifting up of the girls by each other and the immovability of the girls by grown men is a characteristic of demonic possession
    4.) Knowledge of things that should be unknown to them regarding returning the rosaries is also a characteristic of demonic possession.
    5.)No other approved visionaries have ever been forced to their knees in a sudden, harsh, undignified manner like these visionaries
    6.)BVM did not want any items that were already blessed by a priest so she could bless them herself. Aversion to blessed items is also a characteristic of the demonic.
    7.)The appearance on the tongue of a communion host was done many times by false visionary Julia Kim, whose apparitions were condemned by the Church.

You should be held to same standards as Glenn or whom ever is giving information to support their claim

19. Timothius722

Timothius722 Archangels

My two cents worth or maybe a nickel with inflation. I've been studying prophecy now for 40 years and have learned you must be very skeptical and careful and prayerful when discernment is concerned. The only two apparitions I follow are Garabandal and Medjugore. They simply call for a return to God and make concrete predictions for ultimate validation. So if I'm wrong...so what...I would have gone to Mass, Confession, Prayed the Rosary and sought Personal Conversion. Does not sound satanic to me...now does it.

20. Andy3

Andy3 Powers

For those who discredit Garabandal I find it hard to discredit the illumination of conscience or warming based on scripture and other saints and prophets. I have pulled all this from Mark Mallet's blog for those who need sources but no I was no present when all these people said these things so can't say for 100% accuracy that they were indeed said so I guess they are not 100% facts and you will just have to have a little trust and faith in our church fathers who say that they are.

I pronounced a great day… wherein the terrible Judge should reveal all men’s consciences and try every man of each kind of religion. This is the day of change, this is the Great Day which I threatened, comfortable to the well-being, and terrible to all heretics. —St. Edmund Campion, Cobett’s Complete Collection of State Trials…, Vol. I, p. 1063.

She indicated that this illumination of conscience would result in the saving of many souls because many would repent as a result of this “warning”… this miracle of “self-illumination.” —Fr. Joseph Iannuzzi in Antichrist and the End Times, P. 36 Blessed Anna Maria Taigi 1769-1837

And more recently, Venezuela mystic, Servant of God Maria Esperanza (1928-2004) said,
    The consciences of this beloved people must be violently shaken so that they may “put their house in order”… A great moment is approaching, a great day of light… it is the hour of decision for mankind. —Ibid, P. 37 (Volumne 15-n.2, Featured Article from www.sign.org)

They cried out to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of the one who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb, because the great day of their wrath has come and who can withstand it?”… Then I saw another angel come up from the East, holding the seal of the living God. He cried out in a loud voice to the four angels who were given power to damage the land and the sea, “Do not damage the land or the sea or the trees until we put the seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God.” (Rev 6:16-7:3)

Before I come as the just Judge, I am coming first as the King of Mercy. Before the day of justice arrives, there will be given to people a sign in the heavens of this sort: All light in the heavens will be extinguished, and there will be great darkness over the whole earth. Then the sign of the cross will be seen in the sky, and from the openings where the hands and the feet of the Savior were nailed will come forth great lights which will light up the earth for a period of time Jesus to St. Faustina, Diary of Divine Mercy, Diary, n. 83

The fire which both burns and saves is Christ himself, the Judge and Saviour. The encounter with him is the decisive act of judgement. Before his gaze all falsehood melts away. This encounter with him, as it burns us, transforms and frees us, allowing us to become truly ourselves. All that we build during our lives can prove to be mere straw, pure bluster, and it collapses. Yet in the pain of this encounter, when the impurity and sickness of our lives become evident to us, there lies salvation. His gaze, the touch of his heart heals us through an undeniably painful transformation “as through fire.” But it is a blessed pain, in which the holy power of his love sears through us like a flame, enabling us to become totally ourselves and thus totally of God. —Spe Salvi "Saved In Hope", n. 47 Pope Benedict

Each man’s work will become manifest; for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. (1 Cor 3:13)

The "living flame of love," of which St. John [of the Cross] speaks, is above all a purifying fire. The mystical nights described by this great Doctor of the Church on the basis of his own experience corresponds, in a certain sense, to Purgatory. God makes man pass through such an interior purgatory of his sensual and spiritual nature in order to bring him into union with Himself. Here we do not find ourselves before a mere tribunal. We present ourselves before the power of love itself.Before all else, it is Love that judges. God, who is Love, judges through love. It is love that demands purification, before man can be made ready for that union with God which is his ultimate vocation and destiny. —POPE JOHN PAUL II, Crossing the Threshold of Hope, p. 186-187

For a long time we had been preparing ourselves for this examination of conscience, aware that the Church, embracing sinners in her bosom, “is at once holy and always in need of being purified”… This “purification of memory” has strengthened our steps for the journey towards the future… —POPE JOHN PAUL II, Novo Millenio Inuente, n. 6

Behold, he is coming amid the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him. All the peoples of the earth will lament him. Yes. Amen. (Rev 1:7)

Then I watched while he broke open the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake; the sun turned as black as dark sackcloth and the whole moon became like blood. The stars in the sky fell to the earth like unripe figs shaken loose from the tree in a strong wind.
    [​IMG]
    Then the sky was divided like a torn scroll curling up, and every mountain and island was moved from its place. The kings of the earth, the nobles, the military officers, the rich, the powerful, and every slave and free person hid themselves in caves and among mountain crags. They cried out to the mountains and the rocks, “Fall on us and hide us from the face of the one who sits on the throne and from the wrath of the Lamb, because the great day of their wrath has come and who can withstand it?” (Rev 6:12-17)

Torrentum likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.