1. Welcome to Mother of God Forums - A place dedicated to the Mother of God. Please feel free to join us in prayer and sharing. Please Register to start posting.
    Dismiss Notice

GARABANDAL INFO & ANSWERS

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Glenn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. John T

John T Principalities

Yes thanks Glenn. That’s why you’re the moderator. :) For me this movie is a “No popcorn necessary” movie. It’s all about the Movie. Amen!

Carol55 likes this.
  2. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

3. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

josephite and Vinícius Neves like this.
  4. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

SIMILARITIES BETWEEN DIVINE MERCY AND GARABANDAL

Reprinted with kind permission from GARABANDAL JOURNAL July-August 2004

THE PASSION "Fix your gaze upon the Passion of my Son." --- Our Lady to Faustina (Diary, 449) "Think about the Passion of Jesus," --- Message of Our Lady, June 18, 1966
    APPEARANCE OF OUR LADY "I saw the Mother of God in a white garment and blue mantle with her head uncovered." (August 15, 1935) (Diary, 468)
    "The Blessed Virgin appears with a white dress, blue mantle and a crown of small golden stars." [but no head covering] --- Conchita's Diary (On one occasion Our Lady appeared as above however without her crown.)

HUMILITY AND SIMPLICITY "I keep company with you as a child to teach you humility and simplicity." --- Our Lord explaining to Faustina why He sometimes appeared to her as the Child Jesus (Diary, 184)
    "Love humility, simplicity." --- locution of Conchita with Our Lord, February 13, 1966

NOT FOR YOU ALONE "The graces I grant you are not for you alone, but for a great number of other souls as well." --- Our Lord to Faustina (Diary, 723)
    "I have not come for you; I have come for everybody." --- Our Lord to Conchita, July 20, 1963

ABORTION "I was seized with such violent pains that I had to go to bed at once ... Jesus had me realize that in this way I took part in His Agony in the Garden, and that He Himself allowed these sufferings in order to offer reparation to God for the souls murdered in the wombs of wicked mothers." --- September 16, 1937 (Diary, 1276)
    "Can you imagine how somebody could kill children in the womb without thereby killing the mother? ... Well, the Blessed Mother spoke about this and she let me know that this will happen with the overflowing of the chalice [of iniquity]." --- Conchita to Albrecht Weber of Germany, November 14, 1965.

HUMBLE AND PROUD "He [God] is well pleased only with the humble; He always opposes the proud." --- Our Lady to Faustina (Diary, 1711)
    "What God loves most is humility; what most displeases Him is pride." --- Words of Our Lady at Garabandal as recounted by Conchita to Sister Maria Nieves in Burgos on April 19, 1967

COMMUNION FROM AN ANGEL "I saw at my bedside a Seraph who gave me Holy Communion ... This was repeated for thirteen days..." (Diary, 1676)
    “The angel appeared to us with a goblet that looked like gold ... and then he gave us Holy Communion. He gave us Holy Communion over a long period of time." --- Conchita's Diary .

Vinícius Neves likes this.
  5. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

GARABANDAL & PURGATORY

I have always viewed Purgatory as God's greatest act of Mercy. The reason I say this is that , for the most part, most people do not deserve Heaven or hell immediately upon their demise. Purgatory at least gives us that hope and that someday, we can attain Heaven ( and we have avoided hell also ). The Warning will be God's next greatest act of Mercy, by allowing us to see the gravity of all our sins, as he sees them ,and a chance to repent , and correct our ways, before a final judgment one day .

http://ourlady.ca/en/the-lesson/14-garabandal-and-purgatory/

Vinícius Neves, Fatima and John T like this.
  6. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

7. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

John T, Vinícius Neves and Fatima like this.
  8. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

I received this message today from Pedro Leal ( Actor/Promoter ) of the "Garabandal " movie:
    "Hi Glenn. We are really really happy about the result of the film during the weekend! Our Mother is giving us lot of grace! People is going to the theathrers in hundreds!!! In Valencia and Madrid, all thickets have been sold ... and people is really excited about the movie and, of course, the message of Garabandal. "

John T, Fatima and Carol55 like this.
  9. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Next Monday , I will be in discussion with the film Promoters about how and when they can bring this film to America, can't wait !

10. Mario

Mario Powers

Alleluia!

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

John T, Vinícius Neves and Carol55 like this.
  11. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

OUR LADY'S SCAPULAR

http://ourlady.ca/en/the-lesson/31-our-ladys-scapular/

blueskymary.6fcb6a051c4abe53dd29f820e118671e.jpg

MY FAVORITE SCAPULAR STORY . When Conchita first came to America she was working as a medical assistant to Dr. Dominguez in the Bronx. Everyday after attending morning mass, she would stop and pick up some coffee and also offer coffee to the homeless there, then proceed to work.

One day while in the elevator ,going up to her office, a man in there with her, stopped the elevator in between floors and pulled a knife on her. Not realizing that Conchita did not speak English well yet, finally yelled “Money ! ” Conchita only had $20 on her , gave it to the robber, but then she did the unthinkable ! She told him "do not use this for drugs, only to buy food " and then she pulled out of her purse a Scapular, and also gave it to the robber ! She is a saint among us.

12. John T

John T Principalities

Fantastic! Our Blessed Mother/Our Lady Of Mt Carmel is without Question behind the wheel of this!! Amen! :)

Vinícius Neves and Carol55 like this.
  13. John T

John T Principalities

Amazing. I never knew that! Thanks for sharing Glenn. While I’m sure Conchita was frightened she was calm and did what she did because of who
    She is. A living saint indeed!

Vinícius Neves and Carol55 like this.
  14. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Strange weight of Visionaries.

They could lift one another up with the greatest of ease. On the other hand, two grown men were barely able to move a single child when in ecstacy. In one of the photographs, Conchita can be seen, before the church door, lifting Mary Loli up to give something to the Virgin to be kissed. This is a result of the lack of gravity characteristic of the visionaries, and only they can do this to one another.
    Photograph taken inside the Church. Loli easily lifts Jacinta to help her reach up to the Vision, whereas two grown men can hardly move her.
    liftingatChurch2.jpg loliLiftsJacinta.jpg

Carol55 and Vinícius Neves like this.
  15. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

UNTANGLED ROSARIES

Another interesting miraculous phenomenon was the returning of rosaries. Now that people started to believe the Blessed Mother was actually appearing at Garabandal, they would bring their rosaries and medals to be kissed by her. They were all piled on a table for the girls to offer up to her. Entangled when presented by the girls to be blessed by the Blessed Mother, rosaries, medals, and multitude of objects would incredibly untangle smoothly when being returned to their owners. Even without any pre-established order, the Garabandal visionaries also never erred in returning each object to its proper owner.
    rosariesTangled.jpg

Vinícius Neves likes this.
  16. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

Conchita & Mari Loli's Locutions with Jesus

https://www.garabandal.us/zips/pdf/bo_everything_points.pdf

Glenn’s Locution

I was on a “Youth 2000” retreat in July of 1995 ( 14-16 ) at Steubenville University in Ohio. During that weekend, there was to be outdoor confessions, and a mass, set up in a giant tent. When that night arrived, there had been a terrible storm heading our way, so the event was moved indoors, into a gym.
    I had traveled there with some friends, one of which was a priest.
    He gave the homily about the story in the bible about the woman who had a blood disorder, and her faith was such that she felt that if she could just touch the hem of Jesus’ garment, she would be healed, this nameless, bleeding woman who'd traveled 30 miles, fueled by nothing but faith.
    ( “ if I just touch his clothes, I will be healed” -Mark 5:28 )

After the homily, the priest walked around the gym with the Monstrance holding the Eucharist. Many people became "slain in the spirit" thus falling over as he passed by. When he came near me, ( I don’t know what motivated me) but I touched the bottom of his priestly garment (alb ), and I fell over too. Unfortunately I experienced a great sadness about myself ( an awareness of my sinfulness, a foreshadowing of the Warning to come , but I fear will be much worse).

Amazingly enough, the next day when we awoke, the entire outdoor area for the event was heavily damaged by the storm, but something miraculous had also happened. The only tents that remained standing, was the confessional tents, and the giant tent where the mass was supposed to be held . More amazing was that the large poles that held the tent had become unearthed, and knocked over hundreds of chairs. We all immediately drew the same conclusion that the “evil one” was infuriated by this event, and he destroyed the area ( imagine if hundreds of kids were at the outdoor event ?? ). An amazing sign that God would not let the mass and confessional tents be knocked down , during this furious storm, or the evil ones temper tantrum.

When I returned home I still had questions as to what happened to me. I went to a Eucharistic Adoration night at the church ( and on the advice of a friend, he told me to just sit quietly ,which if you know me, is very tough, lol )
    I asked one question, then remained silent. The question I asked Jesus was "why did this happen to me ?". And as clear as if someone was speaking to me, I heard a voice in my head say " I let you touch me, so I could touch you. "
    I actually turned around to see if someone was near me because the voice was so clear, and of course, no one was there. It’s quite an amazing feeling to know that God took a few seconds to acknowledge my question, and answer me, so personally.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    Mario, josephite, Serena and 3 others like this.
  17. John T

John T Principalities

Wow! Incredible! Thanks for Sharing. God Bless you Glenn!

18. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

One step closer to having another Saint who was a Garabandal believer, Pope Paul VI

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/...e-opening-door-to-paul-vis-canonization-62047

“ BLESSED “ POPE PAUL VI QUOTES ON GARABANDAL

“ Conchita, I bless you and with me the whole church will bless you “.

Pope Paul VI had shown a very special interest in the apparitions. At an audience given to Fr. Xavier Escalda, S.J., the latter mentioned there were many opponents of the apparitions even amongst his own people. His Holiness promptly rejoined:

"It doesn't matter; tell these gentlemen that it is the Pope who has said that it is most important and most urgent to make these messages known to the world."

Father Escalada explained his work in spreading the message of Garabandal in Mexico and the Pope Paul VI encouraged him to continue saying: "These messages must be made known." Father Escalada asked the Pope for his permission to continue promoting Garabandal and the Pope said “YES”. Pope Paul VI said :
    "It is the most beautiful story of humanity since the days of Christ. It is like a second life of the Virgin on earth. And we can never be grateful enough for it."

, "Jacinta, I am with you, but we have to pray much and have much patience . . : it. is necessary to pray that the Church will become aware of the importance of Garabandal."

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
    Carol55 and Vinícius Neves like this.
  19. Glenn

Glenn Moderator

I want to wish a most Happy & Blessed 69th Birthday today to Conchita !

Having the privilege of knowing her and a being able to use her a moral and spiritual compass all these years is one my greatest blessings. Her example of humility, grace, spiritual wisdom, and sacrifice , is an example for all of us to follow and emulate. May God continue to bless her, and I ask you pray for her intentions today, thank you.

I will be on vacation until Sunday.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  20. heyshepard

heyshepard Principalities

Thank you Glenn for letting us know. . Happy birthday Conchita!

John T and Carol55 like this.