GARABANDAL INFO & ANSWERS

Discussion in 'GARABANDAL LIBRARY' started by Glenn, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

Garabandal and the Holy Shroud

Only after Father Eusebio Garcia de Pesquera had written his comprehensive book on Garabandal, SHE WENT IN HASTE TO THE MOUNTAIN, did it come to light that the Shroud was mentioned at Garabandal. It was during one of Conchita's ecstasies when the Blessed Virgin spoke to the visionary about the Sabana Santa (Spanish for Holy Shroud). Among the spectators at that ecstasy was the Marquesa de Santa Maria, an excellent witness, and it was from her that Prof. Jacques Serre learned what the Virgin said about the Shroud. The Marquesa heard Conchita repeat the words of Our Lady:
    "It is the divine imprint of my Son."

It is not a coincidence that the blood on the Shroud is the same type AB found on the scientific examination of the first Eucharist miracle in Lanciano, Italy in the 8th century.
    Shroud1.jpg

Julia and Byron like this.
  2. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

FEBRUARY 1963 : Joey & Padre Pio & Garabandal

Joey Lomangino was born on June 27, 1931, in Brooklyn, NY (U.S.A.) from Italian-American parents. He was the eldest of five boys and one girl. In 1947, while he was watching a truck tire being inflated, it exploded and Joey was hit by the rim in his face. The bones of the forehead were crushed, the optic and olfactory nerves were severed.
    He was in a coma for three weeks before he woke up . . . on the 16th of July (Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel) !
    In 1961, he traveled to Italy and met St. Padre Pio for the first time, at the monastery of San Giovanni Rotondo. Although they had never met, the famous Capuchin greeted the American with these words: "Ah, Joey, how happy I am to see you!"
    February 1963, Joey made another trip to Italy. He went back to see Padre Pio, who heard his confession and . . . miraculously restored the use of his olfactory sense . . . while the nerve still remains severed! Joey tells the story : "when I knelt down to receive Padre Pio’s blessing, and got the fragrance of roses that came from the wounds in his hands, I was startled and went against the wall with my arms up to protect myself; I didn’t know what it was. Padre Pio pulled down my hand and said in Italian, “Joey, don’t be afraid.” He then touched me on the bridge of my nose and my sense of smell was restored to me after being without it from the day of my accident in June 1947, which was 16 years."
    Joey asked Padre Pio if the Virgin was appearing in Garabandal ,and was it true. Padre Pio would encouraged him to go to San Sebastian de Garabandal, after he had assured him very clearly that, "Yes, it is true, the Blessed Virgin is appearing at Garabandal!" Joey was far from being the only one to whom the great Italian stigmatist would confirm the authenticity of the apparitions: in addition to Conchita herself, may we mention, among others, Frs. Pel and Marcelino Maria Andreu, Padre Gustavo Morelos ( from Mexico), Mr. John Haffert (then President of the "Blue Army" of Fatima), Miss Eloisa Deguia.
    When Joey returned to NY, he started spreading the news of apparitions of the Blessed Mother in Garabandal.

[From 'Garabandal' Book, pages 166-167
    ppj.png

3. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

4. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

Letter to Fr. Ramón by Dr. D.C. Ortiz Pérez, from Santander

February 2, 1962
    Reverend Father Andreu:
    I am going to tell you about the impressions
    of my last trip to Garabandal on January 27th. For this date, the Marquis of Santa María had already given more facts. He told me that he would see you on the next day.
    The event that caught my attention is that after 7 consecutive months of “marvelous ecstasies,” the four girls continue with the utmost normality, although many people “who don’t see” maintain that this is the result of a pathology.
    The girls continue their ecstasies the same as always, running through the streets of the village praying, with this precious transformation on their faces and movements that seem to be images. On the afternoon of the 28th, with the difference of approximately 10 minutes from one to the other, María Dolores and Conchita had ecstasies in their houses and left directly for the Church. When they met each other, they were very happy and they ran through the streets of the village singing the rosary. They visited the houses of the sick where they prayed and gave the crucifix to be kissed.
    It made a great impression on me when they visited a sick old man (uncle Leoncio) who was blind, deranged, had the flu, and was in agony. They knelt at the head of his bed, praying Hail Marys without interruption, and everyone answered except the dying man. After 15 or 16 prayers, the sick man responded with ‘Holy Mary’ in a clear voice and added: “I pray because I have faith.” In this moment, they put the statue of Christ to his lips, and he kissed it. The girls had expressions of immense enjoyment. They returned to the normal state after approximately 2 and a quarter hours.
    At ten at night we thought we’d return, and it took half an tour for us to leave. We realized that María Cruz was running through the streets of the village in ecstasy accompanied by her parents. We united with a group and prayed with them.
    These are the facts of what happened on the 28th in Garabandal.
    Respectful greeting from my wife—she tells what this good friend always offers.
    I salute you affectionately.
    D.C. Ortiz

5. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

6. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

7. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

THE BLESSED MOTHER ON COMMUNION

Conchita has said:
    “The Blessed Virgin told us that it is a greater grace to receive Jesus in Holy Communion than to see her.”

"I asked the girls why they went to the church so often, since it was closed (they were not allowed to enter it in ecstasy), and they answered candidly: BECAUSE THE VIRGIN LIKES TO GO NEAR THE PLACE WHERE HER SON JESUS IS.'" - Luis Navas, eyewitness

www.garabandal.us/bo_eucharist.html

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  8. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

One of the members of my facebook page wrote today to tell us the story of how his wife was in the hospital with a very bad heart condition, and it was inoperable . He placed one of the kissed medals from our Lady of Garabandal that Joey had given him over 20 years ago on her chest and prayed many rosaries. He received word from the hospital today that her heart has healed itself ! Praise God !

Billy Hill, Tanker, Byron and 7 others like this.
  9. Mario

Mario Powers

Thank you Jesus and Mary!

Billy Hill and Carol55 like this.
  10. Mario

Mario Powers

Not to be argumentative, just an observation.When I was in my early teens, I remember reading a book my Mom had on end times. I remember some of the dating mentioned the period right around 2016. In my early teen years, turning 62 in 2016 felt ancient to me. Well, now I'm 66 and don't believe I'm as old as I used to think. "Old" is a matter of perspective!:D

It's difficult to say whether Conchita considered 70 years, 80 years, or 90 years as very old at the time of that interview.

O Mary conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!

11. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Mario, YOU ARE OLD :LOL:

Shae, Byron and Mario like this.
  12. Mario

Mario Powers

:D:whistle:

Yes, but being a chaplain in a nursing home where many are in their 70s, 80s, and 90s reminds me one never really knows when the Lord will call each of us home!

Safe on the Father's Lap!

Beth B, Shae and Byron like this.
  13. Byron

Byron Powers

Agree Mario. Today 70 may not be considered VERY old, but during the 60’s, a young girl like Conchita most likely thought it was old. A 70 year old woman back then dressed quite differently than today.

garabandalmiracle, Sam, Shae and 2 others like this.
  14. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Conchita and I are almost the same age. I’m 71.
    I think I’m a year older than she is. I agree with the sense of perspective.
    Fatima, there is no need to tell me I am old. :D

any name you wish, Mario and Shae like this.
  15. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

16. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

FEBRUARY 5 TO 19, 1968:
    CONCHITA'S SECOND TRIP TO ROME
    The Vatican covered the expenses of Conchita's second visit to Rome again with her mother and Fr. Luna, complete discretion being then asked to Conchita. The visionary again went to the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith to be questioned but, this time, no longer by Cardinal Ottaviani. We hardly know anything more about the new encounter: Conchita, in fact, was even more discreet about this second trip than about the first.
    The archives of Fr. Luna, now deceased, will someday doubtless be of great use to us to know, at last, the nature of the conversations that took place then between the visionary and the Church authorities. It will a fortiori be the same for what the Archives of the Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith are preserving about this matter.
    [From 'Garabandal' Book, page 215]

17. Glenn

Glenn Garabandal Expert

She will be 71 on Friday, Feb. 7th.

John T, Bruce, Byron and 2 others like this.
  18. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Not much time left to order her a birthday cake:p

Bruce and Byron like this.
  19. Byron

Byron Powers

20. Credo

Credo Christi Crux est Mea Lux

Suggestion: Let's each pray (at least) one decade of the rosary for Conchita's personal intentions on her birthday - a rosary bouquet.
    "Like" this post if you intend to be a participant...

Byron, Carol55, Julia and 1 other person like this.