Easter Obligation this year.

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by RosaryWielder, Mar 29, 2021.

1. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Founder of Claritas

Thankfully there’s no schlockdown for Easter here, yet. But I have another concern regarding fulfilling my Easter obligation this year.

Due to the mouse infestation last winter, my place needs to be disinfected before I can return home. We’re having difficulty finding people to hire who can disinfect my place; this is concerning because, my parents will want me to isolate after, Lord-willing, fulfilling my Easter Obligation, and that will be much harder if I’m still stuck at their place.

Please pray that I’m able to fulfill my Easter Obligation and be back at my place very soon.

Julia, DesertStar7, Beth B and 7 others like this.
  2. RosaryWielder

It just happened... My Province is now under a 3 week “circuit breaker.” :rolleyes::mad::(

Jo M, Julia, DesertStar7 and 2 others like this.
  3. Shae

Shae Powers

Yes RW, I was saddened to hear this on the local news today.:( And I had just signed up yesterday to attend all the Easter Triduum services at my Parish (we were allowed 50 max. ) So disappointed. Can’t believe this is the second Easter we will not be able to attend Mass.:(

Jo M, Julia, RosaryWielder and 2 others like this.
  4. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

:(:cry:

5. padraig

padraig Powers

St Martin De Porres, fix those mice!! :):)

Jo M, Julia, Shae and 3 others like this.
  6. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

I will!

Julia, Shae and RosaryWielder like this.
  7. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

praying

Jo M, Julia and RosaryWielder like this.
  8. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Guest

What does that mean? :(

Praying!

Julia and RosaryWielder like this.
  9. RosaryWielder

It means there is a lockdown on several forms of public gatherings including religious gatherings.

10. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Guest

:(

RosaryWielder and Mary's child like this.
  11. Ananchal

Ananchal Vigilans

12. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

It is the timing for these focused lockdowns that seem so downright diabolical. Or is it just me noticing this.

13. RosaryWielder

Yeah, it does seem very likely that the timing of these lockdowns is deliberate.

Jo M, Mary's child and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  14. Shae

Shae Powers

My Pastor has asked me to be a Lector for both the Good Friday and Easter Vigil services. With only 10 people permitted to attend, I am truly blessed!

15. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Just awful. I am very sorry. :cry:

RosaryWielder likes this.
  16. RosaryWielder

I just realized that “outdoor religious services” are still allowed here in BC!:eek: Please pray that I can quickly pull things together and find a way to make it to my parish to fulfill my Easter Obligation!

DesertStar7, Sam and Mary's child like this.
  17. RosaryWielder

How long is the window in which one can fulfill one’s Easter Duty in Canada?:(

I feel so wretched.

DesertStar7 likes this.
  18. Shae

Shae Powers

At my parish (I’m also in BC), we aren’t equipped for an outdoor service, but my pastor has Wi-Fi for the church parking lot, so people livestream the Mass from their cars and then line up for a drive-thru Holy Communion service. Hope you find a parish that offers something similar RW. Happy Easter!

RosaryWielder and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  19. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I think Easter Season runs through Pentecost Sunday. You still have time.

RosaryWielder and DesertStar7 like this.