Catholic Prophecy and the Coming Chastisement

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by padraig, Aug 29, 2023.

1. padraig

padraig Powers

Years and years ago in the 70's I read a book on the Chastisement/ Tribulation called, 'Catholic Prophecy and the Coming Chastisement' by a French writer called Yves Dupont. Of course its a little dated now , for instance the apparitions at Medugorje, Akita and Kibeho had not even happened at that time and a lot of modern scholarship into sites like Fatima were yet to take place. As far as I recall , I don't even think it mentions Garabandal.

But it is by far the finest work on the subject I have ever read on the subject and since it seems like long prophesied events are about to take place very well worth rereading again.

It is very attractive because it gives a blow by blow timetable of what is about to take place, which is so cool you rarely get this anywhere else.

So lets take another look and see together::):)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Catholic-Prophecy-Coming-Chastisement-2009-04-01/dp/B01FGMYCTQ

upload_2023-8-29_17-41-32.jpeg

BrianK, Carmel333, AED and 1 other person like this.
  2. padraig

padraig Powers

Last edited: Aug 29, 2023
    AED likes this.
  3. padraig

padraig Powers

Right at the start Yves states that the Chastisement will last for four years, which comes as more than a little of surprise as even the First and Second World Wars lasted longer than this. He goes on to state that there will not only be a Global War but Global Revolutions coupled with physical chastisements sent from heaven. Earthquakes , floods, storms...

I wonder where he got the four years from? Anyway I stumbled upon a timetable which says pretty much the same kind of things with attributable prophetic sources.

He quotes Yves Dupont and Fr Gerard Culleton, 'The Prophets and Our Times'

https://matejgavlak.eu/chronology-of-ww3-according-to-catholic-prophecies/

Sam and AED like this.
  4. padraig

padraig Powers

Sam, AED and Mario like this.
  5. garabandal

garabandal Powers

6. Luan Ribeiro

Luan Ribeiro Powers

What period does this prophecy refer to when it says".. during the same night?

Seagrace and AED like this.
  7. garabandal

garabandal Powers

If taken literally then it's a failed prophecy.

8. Luan Ribeiro

Luan Ribeiro Powers

If it is symbolism for the same liturgical year, it could be a bad omen for Pope Francis.

9. padraig

padraig Powers

A third big Classic book to refer to is that of Desmond A .Birch. 'Trial Tribulation and Triumph. ' Helpfully it was published much later in 1996. Still a while back though.

upload_2023-8-30_7-51-15.jpeg

BrianK, Sam and Jason Fernando like this.
  10. padraig

padraig Powers

Sam and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  11. padraig

padraig Powers

So taking the given timeline as a skeleton on which to hang things , going to the three mentioned books as sources and getting light from more modern Catholic Prophetic sources such as Our Lady of Akita. We should get a very great deal of light on what is coming down the line.

However I have such very great faith in Our Lady of Good Success Prophesies from Equador that I think it would be good to keep going back to them to check things.

https://www.scribd.com/document/336527485/Our-Lady-of-Good-Success#

upload_2023-8-30_8-2-18.jpeg

Byron, BrianK, Sam and 3 others like this.
  12. padraig

padraig Powers

Byron, Jo M and AED like this.
  13. maryrose

maryrose Powers

She said everything to Mother Mariana. It's all there and ultimately its a message of hope that will carry us through these times.

Byron, Sam, padraig and 3 others like this.
  14. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Will watch

15. ...and our Blessed Mother Mary and Mother Mariana told us in their conversations that all this filth is going to happen in the 20th century, which means it could end soon in our 21st century. Our 21st century was never in our Blessed Mother's revelations to Mother Mariana, and so the promised Prelate should be coming soon to restore order in the Church. The end of Satan's hundred years, as foretold in Pope Leo XIII's vision, should be nearing...

Byron, Sam, PurpleFlower and 4 others like this.
  16. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Agree. Good points.

Jo M, Mary's child and Jason Fernando like this.
  17. Clare A

Clare A Archangels

I paid a fair amount to get Desmond Birch’s book and was surprised and disappointed that half of it isn’t taken up with actual interpretation of prophecy but the Church, truth and authority. I would guess that everyone here wouldn’t need this. I bought the book because I believe the Church has the authority to speak truth. Anyway, the second half is interesting, but there could be a reprint with just the juice.

Byron, Sam and padraig like this.
  18. Mario

Mario Powers

I can't help but believe that the "Triumph" spoken of by Our Lady of Good Success is close at hand. She referred to the beginning of the 21st century; I'm confident this will mean the crushing of the UN 2030 Agenda.

Byron, Heidi, Sam and 7 others like this.
  19. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I’m hoping and praying. Thank you for putting it into words.

Carmelite, Heidi, Sam and 3 others like this.
  20. padraig

padraig Powers

It's amazing that she lived so many centuries ago and yet describes all that we see today as though she were alive now and commenting on it...and in so much detail.

Byron, BrianK, Rose and 3 others like this.