Bad Omen?

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Torrentum, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Torrentum

Torrentum Guest

2. padraig

padraig Powers

Terrible. Scarey. Right in the Vatican too. The devil has come down to Earth in a great rage for he knows he has but a short time left.

Revelation 12:12

Therefore rejoice, you heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to the earth and the sea, because the devil has gone down to you! He is filled with fury, because he knows that his time is short."

View attachment 1671

Mario and Torrentum like this.
  3. sunburst

sunburst Powers

Ultimately the author of Revelation used the image of the birds of prey to picture the defeat of evil before the reign of Christ (Revelation 19:17-21 ; compare Ezekiel 29:5 ; Ezekiel 32:4 ;Ezekiel 39:4 , Ezekiel 39:17-20 )
    Perhaps the most important function of birds in the Bible is their symbolic or figurative role. The dove may symbolize innocence (Matthew 10:16 ) or God's activity in the world through His Spirit (Matthew 3:16 ). The eagle or vulture played a figurative or symbolic role in the writings of the prophets and the apocalyptists. The image of birds of prey is used in Revelation to picture the final defeat of evil.
    Birds of prey, also known as raptors, are birds that hunt or feed on other animals. The term "raptor" is derived from the Latin word rapere (meaning to seize or take by force)
    http://www.bbsradio.com/cgi-bin/webbbs/webbbs_config.pl?md=read;id=30614
    http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/02/13...s-basilica-the-day-pope-benedict-xvi-resigns/
    http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/national-international/NATL-Seagull-Vatican-Chimney--197816851.html

Mac and Torrentum like this.
  4. garabandal

garabandal Powers

He can freely show himself because so few believe he exists.

Torrentum likes this.
  5. sunburst

sunburst Powers

6. Mac

Mac Guest

YES, this is a bad omen/sign. The church efforts for world peace and unity are not going to come about without obedience to Our Lady of Fatima.
    The Pope can release as many Doves as he likes ,but it wont make any difference. OBEDIENCE really is the key word.

7. padraig

padraig Powers

8. sunburst

sunburst Powers

9. bona fide

bona fide Angels

It is a bad omen. Even more significant as it occurred 3 times in one year. A year ago, a seagull attacked a white dove released by Benedict XVI. during the election of Pope Francis a seagull prowled around the chimney where the white smoke comes out. And now, this new incident yesterday. To me it seems obvious that the Raptors prepare to try to destroy the church. :mad:

10. padraig

padraig Powers

Let's all pray about it and ask the Holy Spirit to guide us.

May good come out of evil.

[​IMG]

Torrentum likes this.
  11. Mac

Mac Guest

Any further insight anyone? Ive been thinking about this all day, Checked a few different forums and cant find anything of 'Great doctrinal import':)
    Maybe it means nothing?

12. mj

mj New Member

13. padraig

padraig Powers

http://www.bible-history.com/isbe/R/RAVEN/

RAVEN

ra'-vn (`orebh; korax; Latin Corvus corax): A large family of the smaller birds of prey belonging to the genus Corvus corax. A bird of such universal distribution that it is known from Iceland to Japan, all over Asia, Europe and Africa, but almost extinct and not of general distribution in our own country. In no land is it more numerous than in Israel In general appearance it resembles the crow, but is much larger, being almost two feet long, of a glossy black, with whiskers around the beak, and rather stiff-pointed neck feathers. A bird exhibiting as much intelligence as any, and of a saucy, impudent disposition, it has been an object of interest from the beginning. It has been able to speak sentences of a few words when carefully taught, and by its uncanny acts has made itself a bird surrounded by superstition, myth, fable, and is connected with the religious rites of many nations. It is partially a carrion feeder, if offal or bodies are fresh; it also eats the young of other birds and very small animals and seeds, berries and fruit, having as varied a diet as any bird. It is noisy, with a loud, rough, emphatic cry, and its young are clamorous feeding time.
    Aristotle wrote that ravens drove their young from their location and forced them to care for themselves from the time they left the nest. This is doubtful. Bird habits and characteristics change only with slow ages of evolution. Our ravens of today are, to all intents, the same birds as those of Israel in the time of Moses, and ours follow the young afield for several days and feed them until the cawing, flapping youngsters appear larger than the parents. In Pliny's day, ravens had been taught to speak, and as an instance of their cunning he records that in time of drought a raven found a bucket containing a little water beside a grave and raised it to drinking level by dropping in stones.
    Israel has at least 8 different species of ravens. This bird was the first sent out by Noah in an effort to discover if the flood were abating (Gen 8:6-8). Because it partially fed on carrion it was included among the abominations (see Lev 11:15; Dt 14:14). On 1 Ki 17:4-6, see ELIJAH and the present writer's Birds of the Bible, 401-3. Among the marvels of creation and providence in Job 38:41, we have this mention of the raven,
    "Who provideth for the raven his prey,
    When his young ones cry unto God,
    And wander for lack of food?"
    The answer to this question is in Ps 147:9:
    "He giveth to the beast his food,
    And to the young ravens which cry."

Both these quotations point out the fact that the young are peculiarly noisy. In Prov 30:17 it is indicated that the ravens, as well as eagles, vultures and hawks, found the eye of prey the vulnerable point, and so attacked it first. The Hebrew `orebh means "black," and for this reason was applied to the raven, so the reference to the locks of the bridegroom in the Song of Solomon becomes clear (Song 5:11). The raven is one of the birds indicated to prey upon the ruins of Edom (Isa 34:11). The last reference is found in Lk 12:24: "Consider the ravens, that they sow not, neither reap; which have no store-chamber nor barn; and God feedeth them." This could have been said of any wild bird with equal truth.
    Gene Stratton-Porter

14. sunburst

sunburst Powers

RAVENS, CROWS, BLACKBIRDS

[​IMG]

OMEN OF DEATH & DIVINE PROVIDENCE
    In most parts of the world the raven is considered a prophet and a bad omen. The Arabs call it Abu Zajir which means "Father of Omens." In Ireland it was once domesticated for use in divination practices and the term "Raven's Knowledge" was applied to the human gift of second sight. Ravens deserting their nests were very bad omens and popular superstition declared that if the ravens ever fled the Tower of London, the monarchy would fall. In many areas of the ancient world, the sight of a raven flying to the right was a good omen, whilst a raven flying to the left was an evil one.

Eaters of carrion, ravens were messengers of death, pestilence, and battle. It was believed that these flesh-hungry birds could smell the scent of death upon a person before they died - even through the walls of a house. In paintings, the raven may be seen flying over battlefields, eager to feast on the dead. After the Battle of Armageddon, ravens will descend upon the lands of the wicked (Isa 34:11).

These birds were thought to have a special taste for the bodies of hanged criminals and to enjoy plucking out the eyes of sinners (Prov 30:17). Christians thought they carried off the souls of the damned and associated this bird with the Fall of Man and Satan who blinds sinners, dulls their moral senses, and feasts on their corruption.

Ravens were a symbol of sin especially the sins of gluttony, stealing, and false teaching. They were nicknamed "thieving birds" and Icelandic children were taught that drinking from raven quill straws would cause them to become thieves. Evil priests were said to turn into ravens when they died. To European Christians, this creature is the antithesis of the innocent white dove. But in some African and Native American traditions, he is a beneficent guide whose keen sight allows him to issue warnings to the living and to lead the dead on their final journey.

The raven's cry of "Cras! Cras!" was interpreted by Latin speakers to mean "Tomorrow! Tomorrow!" Therefore it became a symbol of the foolish sinner who puts off conversion. Others, however, found in this cry a symbol of the hope of a new and better day. To North American Eskimos, the raven's cry sounded like "Kak, kak, kak!" which means "a deer-skin blanket." According to their legends, the raven's cries warned people not to forget their blankets when they moved.

Before Noah sent the dove from the Ark, he sent out a white raven to test the waters. Instead of returning to the Ark, this bird "kept going to and fro until the waters had dried up from the earth" (Gen 8:7). According to Matthew Henry, this raven's attitude was like that of the "carnal heart" which, instead of seeking rest and refuge in its Savior, "takes up with the world, and feeds on the carrion it finds there." Jewish legend states that Noah's raven was punished for his failure to return to the Ark by being blackened and condemned to eat carrion.

picadillo likes this.
  15. Adoremus

Adoremus Powers

So what about the seagull? To me, the seagull represents what Pádraig once referred to as "grey mists," those who follow the gospel of 'nice'. They seem harmless, even benevolent in their whiteness... but not so.

Interesting that, just as I was about to start typing this message my young son called me into the room to help him with something he was doing for homework. He had to make a sentence starting with "Mist is..." So I said, well, what colour is mist? Then it hit me what I had been just about to write. Confirmation?

16. padraig

padraig Powers

:)I don't think the seagull was ever really taken as a bad symbol or omen.

In Ireland in fact the cries of the sea gull were thought to be those of the souls in purgatory asking for prayers. Whick is kinda nice.

17. Andy3

Andy3 Powers

Interesting topic about the grey mists. In my dream I had a few weeks ago that turned into an attack, it started with a grey mist coming over me in the ocean. It came in a spirit of niceness and seemed harmless but I knew in my soul that it was evil. The mist showed its true colors when it went to seduce my wife while sleeping and then I grabbed it and it was on me until Our Lady took it away.

Speaking of dreams, my co worker, who I have mentioned before on here about being very devout as well, had an interesting experience followed by dream yesterday. He was walking outside of work going to lunch with a few other co-workers and this begger who he said looked like she was an addict (prob heroin, it is a huge problem in my city right now) came up to them asking for money. This woman is around often to hit up all the doctors and businessmen in the building I work in. Any way my friend was behind the other two as she approached them asking for money for car gas. The one guy said that she just asked them yesterday and she quickly darted past them yelling "no I did not!!" as she was passing my friend, who always wears his brown scapular, he said she literally recoiled away and hissed at him as she went by and could not make eye contact with him. So last night he had a dream and he said that Mary literally came to him in his dream and told him that she made that demon he met today turn and recoil from him. I thought that was pretty awesome. This is the same friend who had the dream last week about St. Bernard coming to him telling him about his lost prayer to the wounded shoulder of Jesus.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  18. padraig

padraig Powers

I would say this is a true dream.

RoryRory likes this.
  19. padraig

padraig Powers

Well anyway having prayed about it the way Iwould read it is this.

There were three birds, the dove, the Raven and the sea gull.

The dove represented God's peace, the callof the Holy Spirit, the prayers of the Church.

The Raven were the messengers of Odin becuse they ate the dead on the battlefield. Summoning the dead to Valhalla. Both they asnd the seagull tried to eat the dove of peace.

The two birds the Raven and the seagull represent the two sides represent both sides in the Ukrainian civil war who refuse the call of peace, of God and of the Chrcuh .

The seagull represents the false call of Freedom that engages in violence of the Native pro Western side . The Raven the pro Russian side. What is being said here by the devil is that the call of peace is being refused and this will result in massive casulaties on both sides. Basically that both sides are refusing peace.

That a great victory is being boasted off by the devil in the region.

picadillo, RoryRory and Thomas like this.
  20. Adoremus

Adoremus Powers

Personally, I've never had anything against seagulls :). Nor would I ever have seen them as any kind of omen. Having grown up in a fishing village, I actually find their cries quite comforting and homey. And they're great at cleaning up fish guts off the pier when the fishermen are done:). So it's strange to see them attack a dove in such a way, a bit disturbing. I suppose maybe they have a dark side ;).