3 AM

Discussion in 'On prayer itself' started by padraig, Jun 26, 2020.

1. padraig

padraig Powers

I believe the souls nearest heaven are often allowed to spend their times in front of the Blessed Sacrament.:)

AED, Jaylan, HeavenlyHosts and 2 others like this.
  2. soldier of christ

soldier of christ Archangels

A year is a short time really, I think, compared to many others. I always love to pray for the souls deepest in Purgatory. But I believe some of the deepest down are forbidden the benefits of prayers, they really, really, really escaped hell by the very skin of their teeth.[/QUOTE]

I used to contemplate souls that were in the deepest levels also. I often thought of people like Hitler or such that could possibly be there. I know some might take offense to this, but in reality as Christ tells us we cannot judge. People do things for reasons we cannot always comprehend, and I often think that at a particular individual's judgement we have no idea what took place. Christ's mercy is endless.

AED, Booklady, HeavenlyHosts and 4 others like this.
  3. padraig

padraig Powers

I used to contemplate souls that were in the deepest levels also. I often thought of people like Hitler or such that could possibly be there. I know some might take offense to this, but in reality as Christ tells us we cannot judge. People do things for reasons we cannot always comprehend, and I often think that at a particular individual's judgement we have no idea what took place. Christ's mercy is endless.[/QUOTE]

This is true. I remember times when I thought poorly of someone then afterwards finding out facts that changed everything.

I used to have a cousin who drank a lot and I think I kind of looked down on him a tiny but for doing so. I mean he drank really, really heavily indeed and never seemed to be going anywhere except in circles. I don't think I judged him too harshly but nevertheless I think I kind of placed him on the scrapheap.

Then years later I discovered he had been molested as a child and my view suddenly changed.

Suddenly I understood.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
    AED, Booklady, HeavenlyHosts and 4 others like this.
  4. There should be a way to “LOVE “ and not just simply “Like” this post. Amen! Beautiful!

AED, Booklady, HeavenlyHosts and 2 others like this.
  5. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

If it is true as reported that Hitler sold his soul to the devil for power, got his wish and died without repenting. Why would anyone want to bother keeping the Ten Commandments if they were going to be saved regardless of how they lived. No offence to Hitler, but I think he will have got his reward, in a dark hot place. He did commit suicide rather than face justice in the end, not like some soul who might be suffering mental breakdown or anguish.

I do think it is likely King Henry VIII might be saved. I believe he repented on his deathbed. So with the destruction of the Catholic Church in England, making it the Church of England. In spite of the death and destruction he caused, Henry is most likely saved.

Ironic really when you hear Welby thinks the white statues which survived the protestant destruction should be destroyed five hundred years down the line. Even more ironically, the post Vatican liberal Theologians (so called Roman Catholics) have already almost stripped the Church of the beautiful statues and Altars that we used to have; helping us raise our minds and hearts to Heaven when we visited our Heavenly Fathers house to pray and worship. It is a sad old world. Come Lord Jesus.

Heavenly Father, Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. No more killing, stealing, and destroying once Heavenly Mother's Immaculate Heart Triumphs. And I can't wait for the day to come. Or should I say that Triumph can't come soon enough for me.

AED, HeavenlyHosts, Katfalls and 2 others like this.
  6. padraig

padraig Powers

There is really a great deal of evidence of the directly Satanic surrounding the Nazis.

For instance Adolph Hitler when he was young, before he was famous visited a museum where the spear of St Longinus (the spear that pierced the side of Jesus) was kept.

He writes that as he looked at he spear he felt this was the moment he started to get power, that he felt Possessed. It is often thought that this is when a Devil called, 'Strongman' entered him, the same Devil who prodded St Longinus to pierce Christ's side.

7. padraig

padraig Powers

The Nazis got up to all kinds of weird Satanic stuff. Heinrich Himmler, the head of the SS, a former Catholic chicken farmer with six children had this kind of castle which was the spiritual home of the SS. It was a kind of castle called Wewelsburg, very spooky looking, sometimes called, 'The Temple of Doom', 'Dark Camelot', like something out of Indiana Jones.

Anyway he used to invite top SS guests to sit round this big table, like King Arthur and the Knights and just stare into space inviting the, 'Higher Powers', to commune with them.

Spooksville.

[​IMG]

8. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Truly amazing story! Thank you Sam.
    I have to admit that there are moments when I worry who will pray for my soul should I be sent off to purgatory. Not sure I can count on prayers from family members. :(
    I hope one of my children will step up to the plate when the time comes. I am in the habit of praying for souls when I pass the cemetery each day. Perhaps they will pray for me too.

AED, Booklady, Mary's child and 2 others like this.
  9. Sam

Sam Powers

They will pray for you! Ok, here's a little confession of mine. I joined the rosary confraternity because they continue to pray for you after you die.. I know of no one in my family who will. In my list of people I pray for , I pray for all past, present and future members and all their families and all they pray for until they are all safe in heaven.. I say to God, I'm no Padre Pio but I am praying for them all through out eternity until they are all in heaven, which I guess means I will be busy for a long time.

AED, Booklady, padraig and 5 others like this.
  10. Katfalls

Katfalls Powers

I have a list of people I pray for every day! It is a special ritual of prayers that I do, first Thanking God, then Adoring God, then petitioning God. Those who are alive and need help physically, my family, my friends etc. and I name them by name. Then I do a list of those who have died. From my ancestors, family, to friends etc. I can't tell you how many times I have had dreams of people who I have prayed for coming to me in dreams. I know they are thanking me and I can't let them down. Prayer really is a grace from God and we need to use it as often as we can. And then I do five of the St. Gertrude prayer for those I don't know. I had a dream last week, one person I knew and a huge hall filled with people I didn't know. We were all there to sing. And I am sure they were people I have been praying for everyday that I don't know. But someday, we will all meet up. And they pray for you, too, so it completes the circle.

AED, Booklady, HeavenlyHosts and 3 others like this.
  11. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Well there's a thought, I may need to do the same.
    You will be very busy, but very blessed. :)

12. Sanctus

Sanctus "Jesus I trust in you!"

It was a number of years after his passing that I felt his presence, Padraig. Might continue praying, just in case he needs more prayers.

Booklady, Jo M, HeavenlyHosts and 3 others like this.
  13. AED

AED Powers

That's sort of my rule of thumb. Even if they no longer need the prayers they are never wasted. And if they do need them it would be terrible to not be praying. So sort of a win-win to keep praying.

Sanctus, Booklady, Jo M and 1 other person like this.
  14. Mario

Mario Powers

Wonderful, Sam, simply wonderful!:D

AED, Booklady, Jo M and 1 other person like this.
  15. padraig

padraig Powers

Smart, prudent. Also remember the 15 Promises for those who say the Rosary the Sabbatine promise connected to the Brown Scapular.:):)

Jo M likes this.
  16. AED

AED Powers

I have the same concerns Jo. And I too pray for souls in cemetaries.

Jo M likes this.
  17. AED

AED Powers

Think I must join! What a beautiful charitable thing to do. And what great dividends.

Sam, Jo M and Mario like this.
  18. AED

AED Powers

Amen.