‘Your government is lying to you in a way that could lead to your death.’

Discussion in 'Positive Critique' started by padraig, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Mario

Mario Powers

I always find solace in the conversion of Saul (Chapter 9 of Acts). When I consider Jesus' remarkable words, "Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?", the Lord might have been thinking of Saul's participation in Stephen's martyrdom. Yet Stephen's pleading bore such beautiful fruit!

Acts 7:60 And he knelt down and cried with a loud voice, "Lord, do not hold this sin against them." And when he had said this, he fell asleep.

Never doubt the efficacy of your prayers for family members. The Lord does not turn a deaf ear!

Safe in the Providence of God!

2. theflyingnun

theflyingnun Archangels

Wow Brian,
    I had no idea that they had liberal feminist professors at Steubenville, I am absolutely flabbergasted. I thought the college was traditional Catholic, where Catholic men and women go there to become possible servants of God. Scott Hahn has 2 sons there in the seminary and he currently holds the: Father Michael Scanlan Chair of Biblical Theology and the New Evangelization, Franciscan University of Steubenville; Steubenville, OH, and Founder & Director, the Institute of Applied Biblical Studies; Steubenville, OH. I thought that Steubenville was one place where they kept out the progressive liberals!

3. Mario

Mario Powers

Your pain must run very deep, Brian!:cry:

4. Mmary

Mmary New Member

Big ‘Farma’ has done LOTS of damage in my family of origin. There will be a lot to answer for!

Sunnyveil, Jo M, Beth B and 4 others like this.
  5. josephite

josephite Powers

Yes Padraig, I believe Prayer is the answer, along with offering everything that distresses us, we can turn our sufferings into penances and if we fast each day from just one or a few things, (such as hold our tongue when ridiculed, forgo a second cup of coffee etc) this is also a prayer, when given to God.

Praise God that He gives grace and wisdom through prayer.
    Therefore I believe prayer is not our gift to God but, it is truly His gift to us.

6. josephite

josephite Powers

The power of prayer, I am so happy for you Ann.
    Thank you for telling us.
    Blessed be God!

Veni Creator Spiritus

Come, Holy Ghost, Creator, come
    from thy bright heav'nly throne;
    come, take possession of our souls,
    and make them all thine own.

Thou who art called the Paraclete,
    best gift of God above,
    the living spring, the living fire,
    sweet unction and true love.

Thou who art sevenfold in thy grace,
    finger of God's right hand;
    his promise, teaching little ones
    to speak and understand.

O guide our minds with thy blest light,
    with love our hearts inflame;
    and with thy strength, which ne'er decays,
    confirm our mortal frame.

Far from us drive our deadly foe;
    true peace unto us bring;
    and through all perils lead us safe
    beneath thy sacred wing.

Through Thee may we the Father know,
    through Thee the Eternal Son,
    and Thee the Spirit of them both,
    thrice-blessed three in One.

All glory to the Father be,
    with his coequal Son;
    the same to Thee, great Paraclete,
    while endless ages run.
    Amen.

theflyingnun, Jo M, Sam and 4 others like this.
  7. josephite

josephite Powers

Brilliant video
    Thank you Beth

Michael Pio and Beth B like this.
  8. BrianK

BrianK Guest

Their theology and philosophy departments are good, if not yet traditional. The faculty and staff, for a long time, leaned towards 70s and 80s charismaticism, while the student body has become more and more traditional. The youth want the old mass and traditional theology, not the post Vat II nonsense, and they’ve had to draw some of the faculty and priests along, kicking and screaming at times.

Austin Ruse has written about the situation with that former English professor at Crisis magazine twice. He talks about my daughter in both articles. See

https://www.crisismagazine.com/2019/the-likely-reason-professor-lewis-was-demoted-by-steubenville

and

https://www.crisismagazine.com/2020/the-catholic-victims-of-gender-ideology

theflyingnun, Beth B and josephite like this.
  9. BrianK

BrianK Guest

Yes, another excellent video, thanks Beth!

Michael Pio, Beth B and josephite like this.
  10. Katfalls

Katfalls Powers

Oh what relief this is to you, and I am just reading it on Mother's Day! It made my day. God is Good!

11. josephite

josephite Powers

Beth your situation sounds very similar to mine.
    I pray constantly for my children's conversion and it seems to be slowly slowly, with the evil one hot on the heels of every little step they take back to the faith.
    It can feel like a maddening cycle, so I try to just keep my eyes on God and not the waves and the storm that surround my children.
    I will add a specific request to my daily rosary for the conversion of all the MoG forum members children who are in need of conversion. This is something we could all do for each other.
    Lets storm Heaven with prayers for each others children!

12. Michael Pio

Michael Pio Archangels

Wow, what a moving story. I hope you can stay strong and we will include your family in our Rosary (a family devotion we started this month after many ups and downs in my own marriage).

Ananchal, theflyingnun, Jo M and 4 others like this.
  13. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

Same here. :(

Jo M, Michael Pio, Beth B and 2 others like this.
  14. Katfalls

Katfalls Powers

This is your penance Brian. It's actually a gift that you suffer. Keeping your faith through all this is your armor of strength. I know you can't see this, but someday you will. And you can only pray that when times get really tough, you will be the answer guy. There is a subtle message I have been hearing and seeing so often in the last few months and that is to Stay Strong. God needs really strong people right now! Be aware of that and you will start hearing it, too.

Sunnyveil, theflyingnun, Jo M and 6 others like this.
  15. josephite

josephite Powers

Brian you are carrying a heavy cross.
    I can see that the Lord has given you many graces, through these crosses.
    May God continue to carry you in His arms and be your strength and peace. Amen.

The Lord Is My Shepherd
    A Psalm of David.

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters.

3 He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name’s sake.

4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.

6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

16. BrianK

BrianK Guest

It’s been long enough now, four and a half years since I “lost” my family, that the pain has receded considerably and I can just enjoy the peace and serenity of my solitary existence.

My spiritual director of several decades was a very saintly old Passionist priest, the last one of six Passionists who had started his retreat house under his direction in a beautiful big 200 year old stone farmhouse in Bedford Pennsylvania.

Once I asked him, “Fr. Silvan, do you ever get lonely in this big old house by yourself.”

He smiled and said, “Yes, I’m alone, but no, I’m never lonely.” He knew Christ was always with him, especially in the Tabernacle in the chapel just down the hall from his room.

He did the annual week long summer retreat for the Norbertines at St. Michael’s Abbey in Silverado California in 1997. The Norbertines would often come and do 40 day silent retreats with him too, then come for 2 week visits quite often. One of them was there for two weeks when my oldest son, 17 at the time, did his 40 day retreat with Fr. Silvan. I think he “recruited” my son, who took the religious name Silvan after St. Silas in Scripture (also known as St. Silvanus in Paul’s letters) and Fr. Silvan.

When he took his first vows and his religious name Silvan, my son’s Norbertine abbot said with a twinkle in his eye, “You have TWO great Saints to be named after!” fondly referring not only to St. Silas but his friend Fr. Silvan.

So the saintly Fr. Silvan taught me how to not be lonely, even when I’m alone. Admittedly it took several years to get to this point.

My problem isn’t loneliness but an anger that admittedly, is also receding, but honestly is still far too close to the surface.

Ananchal, Jo M, Michael Pio and 5 others like this.
  17. BrianK

BrianK Guest

In a way, I asked for this. I just had no idea just what I was asking for at the time:

https://onepeterfive.com/urgent-call-cross/

But even in that article, I never foresaw the depth of the coming cross. Completely unexpected, my wife and two youngest left two months after I wrote that article.

18. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Dear Josephite,
    This is a excellent idea! This is a forum dedicated to the Mother of God! We should all be praying for our loved ones together! Where two or more are gathered in my name! With every prayer, rosary or mass, I will ask our dear mother Mary and Our dear Lord Jesus to enter into the hearts of our loved ones for their conversion! Our Mother’s Day prayer!

Last edited: May 10, 2021
  19. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Dear Mary, so many of us are in the same boat! We will pray for our intentions collectively for our loved ones! We will storm heaven and Our Lady will open the gates for us!

Sunnyveil, Michael Pio, Jo M and 4 others like this.
  20. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Brian...we’re in this together! We will pray for all of our children together! Our lady will not ignore us! After all...this is her forum and we are hers!

Sunnyveil, Michael Pio, Jo M and 3 others like this.