WOW! WOW! WOW!

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by mothersuperior7, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Mac

Mac Guest

o_O Am I serious that its a non issue for the Eastern Rites , Absolutely.
    Who cares when Catholics in the One True Church celebrate Easter.

Any progress here ?>...Which approved prophecy recommends bending?
    What saint speaks of unifying religions?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
  2. padraig

padraig New Member

Funnily enough the old Irish Celtic Catholic Church followed the Eastern Easter date. This was because the Irish Church had direct links back to the Desert Fathers and their spirituality and practise was for centuries Eastern in Form.

I could never quite see the fuss about the Easter Dates, I am afraid and if they wanted to have Easter in the middle of August I wouldn't care.:D I wonder would many in the West care if we changed over? If it pleases the East why not?

I notice in the prayers this week for Christian Unity this week it talks about having a real thirst and hunger for Unity in the liturgical prayers. Marti shows this thirst may God grant me it too.

We need the East for many reasons not least that our liturgy has become......well it is a bit like Western cheese sandwiches compared to Eastern Caviar and champagne, they beat us hands down.

Also anyone who loves prayer and mysticism must long for reunification; again the East has so much to teach.

For any Irish on the forum the Celtic Cross arises from the East the circle in the Cross representing the sun of Easter.:)
    [​IMG]

The Pope is right in this. So right. We need each other. I agree we cannot unite with an Anglican Communion that has become, frankly, an abomination. The parts of it that have stayed the course, of course yes fine.

Please say a little prayer for me. I start on bread and water fasting on Wednesdays and Fridays today :)

Challenging. o_O

3. padraig

padraig New Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Gabriella_Sagheddu

[​IMG]

Mac likes this.
  4. Mac

Mac Guest

5. garabandal

garabandal Powers

It is Christ's will that the dates are unified.

You need to see from a heavenly perspective and not an earthly perspective on this issue.

mothersuperior7 likes this.

6. JESUS CARES! SCRIPTURE SAYS SO! John 17:21 Just because you say so, doesn't make it so! Like I said, the POPE CARES!

Peter B likes this.

7. We are ALL called to be saints! When you get your own Wikipedia page, you too will have clout! lol

8. Mac

Mac Guest

I dont have a heavenly perspective.

A sound, approved Catholic perspective will suffice.

Carmel333 and sunburst like this.
  9. SteveD

SteveD Guest

And how is this relevant to unity with an heretical 'ecclesial body'?

Carmel333 and sunburst like this.
  10. davidtlig

davidtlig Guest

Is the above kind of language that of which Pope Francis would approve??

Here is what Pope Francis said a few weeks ago:

“Over the course of these first nine months, I have received visits from many Orthodox brothers: Bartholomew, Hilarion, the theologian Zizioulas, the Copt Tawadros. The latter is a mystic, he would enter the chapel, remove his shoes and go and pray.”

“I felt like their brother. They have the apostolic succession; I received them as brother bishops,” he explained.

“It is painful that we are not yet able to celebrate the Eucharist together, but there is friendship. I believe that the way forward is this: friendship, common work and prayer for unity.”

“We blessed each other; one brother blesses the other, one brother is called Peter and the other Andrew, Mark, Thomas…” Pope Francis recounted.

http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/pope-francis-christians-worldwide-are-united-in-blood/

Mario, mothersuperior7 and Peter B like this.
  11. Peter B

Peter B Powers

Very glad to see that John Zizioulas (Metropolitan John of Pergamon) has met with Pope Francis. He's without question one of the greatest living theologians in the universal Body of Christ East or West - his Being as Communion or Communion and Otherness are simply stunning both intellectually and spiritually. A real harmony of the heart and the head.

mothersuperior7 likes this.
  12. SteveD

SteveD Guest

Read the original posts! My comment did NOT relate to Orthodoxy.

13. padraig

padraig New Member

14. Mario

Mario Powers

Unity, Dear Lord, please UNITY! The agreement on the Easter date is a crucial sign of the imminent Era of Peace! Maranatha!

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

MomsCalling and Indy like this.
  15. Mac

Mac Guest

Wouldnt you think the crucial sign to an era of peace promised by Our Lady would be the consecration of Russia.Our Lady of Fatima never spoke of unity .Other than Bishops in UNION with the Pope.

16. Mario

Mario Powers

Mac,

Of course you are correct! But like the precious string of Ave Maria's on our Rosary beads, the promises of Our Lady of Soufanieh indicate the unity of Easter is one more bead in the Rosary of Our Lady's Triumph! Mary wants to gather us all under her Mantle liturgically and as well as maternally!:)

Safe in the Father's Arms!

17. Mac

Mac Guest

Hard to argue with your logic Mario.Just havent seen 'Unity' as an issue in any approved apparition.

18. Mario

Mario Powers

Thanks, Padraig! I loved the quote from Pope John Paul II in the article:

...his encyclical Ut Unum Sint, says this:

Praying for unity is not a matter reserved only to those who actually experience the lack of unity among Christians. In the deep personal dialogue which each of us must carry on with the Lord in prayer, concern for unity cannot be absent. ...It was in order to reaffirm this duty that I set before the faithful of the Catholic Church a model which I consider exemplary, the model of a Trappistine Sister, Blessed Maria Gabriella of Unity, whom I beatified on 25 January 1983. Sister Maria Gabriella, called by her vocation to be apart from the world, devoted her life to meditation and prayer centered on chapter seventeen of Saint John's Gospel, and offered her life for Christian unity. ...The example of Sister Maria Gabriella is instructive; it helps us to understand that there are no special times, situations or places of prayer for unity. Christ's prayer to the Father is offered as a model for everyone, always and everywhere.

May our prayers unite both with Maria Segheddu and Jesus at the Last Supper in praying that we may be one. Let our hearts ache when pondering the divisions that separate us! May we ask Mary to lead us in drawing all into the bosom of the One, True, Holy Catholic Church!

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

19. padraig

padraig New Member

Well since Our Lord prayed, 'May they all be one' and His is the perfect prayer I am confident this will come about Terry. In fact when Mary at Fatima promised the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart, Christian Unity is implicit in this. In fact the return of the Jews is also implicit as it is in scripture.

I suspect Christian Unity will be the hallway through which our Jewish sisters and brothers will return.

Marana tha.

Come Lord Jesus.

[​IMG]

20. Indy

Indy Praying

Our Lady of Soufanieh in Damascus her and Christs main message is Catholic and Orthodox unity. This is an approved apparition by both Catholic and Orthodox bishops and supported by Pope JP 2. It in no way contradicts Fatima I have read that they are complimentary.

Search this page for the number of mentions of unity.

http://www.soufanieh.com/ENGLISH/eemess.htm

The first apparition was Wednesday December 15th, 1982: next year this will be 33 years ago.

Message from Jesus Christ - Thursday, November 26, 1987 - Eve of the fifth anniversary of the phenomenon.
    My daughter, I am pleased that you have chosen Me, not only in words. I want you to join My Heart to your gentle heart so that our hearts will unite. By doing so, you will save suffering souls. Do not hate anyone, so that your heart not be blinded by your love of Me. Love everyone as you have loved Me, especially those who have hated you and have spoken evil of you, because in so doing you will obtain glory. Continue in your life as wife, mother and sister. Do not worry about the difficulties and the pains that will afflict you. I want you to be stronger than them -- because I am with you -- otherwise you will lose My heart. Go and preach to the whole world and tell them without fear to work for unity. Man is not condemned for the fruit of his hands, but for the fruit of his heart. My peace in your heart will be a blessing for you and for all those who have cooperated with you.

Worth watching for anyone new to Our Lady of Soufanieh
    http://www.catholicdigitalstudio.com/miracleofdamascus.htm