WOW! WOW! WOW!

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by mothersuperior7, Jan 21, 2014.

1. Christian Unity Week News

Pope Francis will travel to the Holy Land in May 2014 on a “pilgrimage of prayer” to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the historic meeting on January 5 that took place between Pope Paul VI and Patriarch Athenagoras. The Pontiff will meet in an ecumenical gathering with representatives of all the Christian churches in Jerusalem, together with Patriarch Bartolomaios of Constantinople, at the Holy Sepulchre. See:http://www.news.va/en/news/following-the-steps-of-paul-vi-to-the-holy-land

This spirit of unity in diversity will be experienced worldwide as Christians celebrate the Feast of Easter on the same date—April 20—in 2014!

Most years, Christians celebrate Easter—Christ’s Passion, Death and Resurrection and the most important mystery of the Christian Faith—on different dates. The OneDate for Easter group believes that uniting the date of Easter will be a significant step towards Christian Peace and Unity.

Throughout the year but especially during this Week of Prayer for Christian Unity, January 18-25 in the Northern Hemisphere between the feasts of St. Peter and St. Paul, the OneDate for Easter group appeals to the laity to pray for full unity, which is Christ’s Will, and to sign the OneDate for Easter Petition.

Clergy from different denominations have also endorsed the OneDate for Easter Petition, which can be viewed at http://www.onedate.org/endorsements.php.

While you can sign the Petition only once, please encourage your family and friends via Twitter to sign the Petition for One Easter Date online at: www.onedate.org/sign-the-petition.php. Help spread awareness of the Petition on Facebook by linking to this page or sharing it.

Petition Kits are also available for gathering signatures in church parishes and the community. The signatures can then be added to the website at a later date. Anyone requiring assistance in adding the paper signatures to the website can contact unity@onedate.org.

Catholics, Orthodox and Protestants have joined together in unity in diversity to gather 1 million signatures on the OneDate for Easter Petition at www.onedate.org to His Holiness Pope Francis, and to all leaders of the Christian churches.

“The laity derive the right and duty with respect to the apostolate from their union with Christ their Head. Incorporated into Christ’s Mystical Body through baptism and strengthened by the power of the Holy Spirit through confirmation, they are assigned to the apostolate by the Lord himself.”(Paragraph 3, Apostolate of the Laity, Second Vatican Council)

Christ said:

“I do not pray for these only, but also for those who believe in me through their word, that they may all be one; even as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.” (Jn 17:20-21 RSV)

• Christians worldwide: over 2 billion

• Target of OneDate Petition: 1 million signatures

• OneDate site: gathered over 27,635 signatures

You are being asked to reach out to the over 2 billion Christians in the world through your prayers, and by gathering signatures for the celebration of Easter—on one common date—and to bring full unity to the one Church that Jesus established 2,000 years ago, and heal the wounds caused to Christ’s heart in a mystical way through this division.

“I appeal to you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree and that there be no dissensions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment.” (1 Cor 1:10 RVS)

In recognition of your generous efforts, we thank you.

In Christ,

www.OneDate.org

Download the Petition Kit

Facebook Page

Peter B likes this.
  2. Do you people realize how RELEVANT THIS IS????

Peter B likes this.
  3. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Yes we do. If Christians unify the date of Easter permanently Christ will do the rest.

Miriam, Peter B and mothersuperior7 like this.
  4. miker

miker Powers

I think this makes a lot if sense. Can someone explain the history behind the different dates- how did this come to be? It seems like its a different date with just the Orthodox denominations and not Protestant ones?

5. Indy

Indy Praying

Miriam and mothersuperior7 like this.
  6. Oh, I will have to take the time to read her messages. I'm seriously on fire with this. I homeschool with an Orthodox group and some protestants and we are the only Catholics. The Orthodox sooooo look down on the Catholics...lol I was explaining this today and showing my friend all about it. After our conversation I am almost CONVINCED that the GREAT APOSTASY will come because of this...because of pride....anytime I start saying good about the Church I have them saying this..."Tut-tut...there are so many misguided and liberal Catholics who are sooooo out of touch with reality....like we are all Nancy Pelosi...! ugggg. Like it simply CAN'T be the one true church, JUST LOOK AT IT!!

When I hear Pedro Regis' messages say, WHATEVER HAPPENS...STAY WITH THE POPE!----I see why now. There are going to be MAJOR changes. Changes that will be so foreign to us and we will question with our whole hearts----is this right???

But, if we unify under the Catholic Church ---under one Holy Father (Protestants, Orthodox, Catholics--then there isn't anything to worry about, even if he decides ROME will be now in JERUSALEM!! Let it be so. The Protestants are going to have fits, as are the Orthodox and Catholics who do not know prophesy. B-E-N-D-I-N-G and allowing God to work through and with the Holy Father is the answer. I feel sorry for those who think the Holy Father is the anti-pope. They are stuck in left field. They can't see the beauty happening right in front of our eyes....!

Mario likes this.

7. MY ORTHODOX NOTEBOOK Answers to Practical Questions About The Orthodox Way of Life

No. 19 - Why Is Our Easter Later?

One of those questions that come up all the time

Every year around Easter time, someone is bound to ask us, "Why is your (Orthodox) Easter later than ours (i.e. the Roman Catholic and Protestant Easter)?" Of course, on some years, the date is the same, but most years it is not. Why the difference?

Passover/Pascha

Our original Orthodox term for "Easter" is "Pascha," which is the Greek form of a Hebrew word, "Pesach," meaning "Passover." The Resurrection of Christ is the Christian Passover, fulfilling, surpassing, and REPLACING the Passover of the Old Testament. So the first thing to note is that the Christian Pascha and the Jewish Passover are linked:

• Christ suffered on the Passover, and He rose the day after Passover ended.
    • Christ is the true Paschal lamb, whose Blood really takes away our sins and gives us eternal life; the Passover lamb in the Old Testament was simply an image of this.
    • By His Death and Resurrection, Christ passed over through death to eternal life. As the Israelites at the time of the first Old Testament Passover were freed from earthly slavery to Pharaoh, so we, by the true and spiritual Passover of Christ, are freed from eternal slavery to the devil.
    The Date of Passover

In the law of Moses, the date of Passover is set as the 14th day of Nisan, the lunar month which falls at the beginning of spring. Since it is a lunar date, it is movable - it does not fall at the same time year to year, but moves around a bit, from late March to late April.

The Orthodox Paschalion

During the first three centuries of the Church's history, the Fathers gradually worked out a formula for determining the date of Pascha every year. This formula, or method, for establishing the date of Pascha is called the Paschalion. Because the city of Alexandria was then the leading center of mathematical and astronomical studies, the Patriarchate of Alexandria was entrusted with determining the date of Pascha every year and sending an encyclical to all the Churches to make sure that everyone celebrated on the same date. The "Alexandrine" Paschalion was approved by the First Ecumenical Council in 325 AD and has been in use ever since.

What is the formula?

There are mathematical formulas that form the precise method, but in layman's terms, this is roughly the idea:

The Sunday of Pascha is the:

- first Sunday after
    - the first full moon after
    - the spring equinox (understood conventionally as March 20.)
    - In addition, it must fall after the Jewish Passover.
    Why do the Catholics and Protestants have a different date almost every year?

During the Middle Ages, the Popes decided that they did not have to observe the prohibition against celebrating Pascha at the same time as the Jews. Therefore, there began to be a frequent one-week difference between the Orthodox Pascha and the Latin Pascha.

Then, in the 16th century, Pope Gregory XIII changed the calendar in such a way that the New spring equinox (March 20) now occurred well before the Julian calendar March 20. At first the difference was ten days, but now it is 13 days. So more and more often, as the centuries go on, there will occasionally be an entire lunar cycle falling between the competing March 20th dates, Old and New. When this occurs, there is a five week difference! When this happens, the Roman Catholic Easter is celebrated well before the Jewish Passover even begins.

PS Pascha NEVER falls in May. Even when it says "May" according to the New Calendar, the date of Pascha is never later than the end of April. For example, in 2005, the date of Pascha is "May 1" on the New Calendar, but it is REALLY April 18 on the calendar the Church actually uses to determine Her feast days, the "Julian" or "Old" Calendar.

8. SteveD

SteveD Guest

I read recently that Pope Francis regards this matter as important and has already stated that it would be easier for the Church to make the change than for the Orthodox to do so (he didn't mention the Protestants who would, as usual be divided on the issue). I would expect the Pope to announce the change about the time that he travels to Jerusalem and meets the Orthodox Patriarch.

9. Yes, Vassula met with the Cardinal in Argentina before he was Pope and he warmly welcomed her for over 45 min. discussing the unity of the Churches especially unifying the date of Easter....today its on the front of my Diocese newspaper! I wrote my Bishop last night and begged him to allow me to promote this within my diocese...we will see.

I'm so excited about this...(can you tell???) Saw this on FB today. Listened to the interview online.
    http://en.radiovaticana.va/news/201...nglican-catholic_relations_in_2014/en1-765761

Unity Week: What hopes for Anglican-Catholic relations in 2014?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (Vatican Radio) Relations between the different Christian traditions take centre stage this week as Churches around the world mark the Week of Prayer for Christian Unity. The initiative, celebrated by Churches in the northern hemisphere from January 18th to 25th, is focusing this year on a provocative question from St Paul to the early Christian community in Corinth: ‘Has Christ been divided?’

Here in Rome the week of ecumenical activities, conferences and liturgies will conclude with the celebration of Vespers, with Pope Francis presiding in the Basilica of St Paul Outside the Walls on Saturday with members of the many other Christian communities present in the city.

Fr Tony Currer heads the desk for Anglican and Methodist relations at the Pontifical Council for Christian Unity. Philippa Hitchen talked with him about his hopes for the Anglican-Catholic dialogue and about his experience of ecumenism before taking up his post here in the Vatican just a few months ago…….

Text from page http://en.radiovaticana.va/news/2014/01/20/unity_week:_what_hopes_for_anglican-catholic_relations_in_2014/en1-765761
    of the Vatican Radio website

10. SteveD

SteveD Guest

Hmmm.... The Anglicans are just about to ordain women to the episcopate as well as openly gay men. They are also experimenting with the wording of the baptismal service to exclude reference to Satan and hell (after all who believes in that stuff any more?). They're were always heretics, they are just moving further and further away from the truth, we should limit ourselves to telling them so.

Mac likes this.
  11. Since when does the Church exclude sinners??????

12. Bernadette

Bernadette Archangels

I absolutely love your zeal for the Faith! You're like that ever caring mother who is always trying to knock sense into her children.
    Everything appears to be going right on time for God's plan.

God Bless!

mothersuperior7 likes this.
  13. miker

miker Powers

Thanks for such a detailed answer. So it seems that it was the RC Church that changed the formula and the Orthodox and Protestants are following the original formula? So the RC changing would really mean going back to original?

mothersuperior7 likes this.
  14. Oh THANK YOU Bernadette, I needed that...Today, I was with my Orthodox mom friends during homeschool co-op and could not get them to even be one ounce excited about this. They were looking down their nose at me! I heard comments like, "The Catholic Church is soooo liberal...uggg." We are soooo conservative and then they would shake their head...lol The last few days I've been saying to our Lord, PLLLLLLEEEEESSSSEEEE USE ME! And then this afternoon after I shared my excitment and got knocked down, I realized...hey! HE USED ME! whooo-hooo!

On the way home my daughter and I were at a stop light. I looked at her with a very straight face and said, "Do you want to know something?" "yea?" she questioned. "I'm about to burst I am so full of joy." She laughed and said, "Mom, you are NOT joyful. You are not even cracking a smile!" "I KNOW! I'm smiling inside of me with Jesus and we are having a P*A*R*T*Y*! I'm not smiling outside because I don't want anyone to know, but I'm going to share this with YOU!" Her eyes got big and she leaned forward and I told her about the meeting 50 years ago with the Pope and the Patriarch and then about Pope Francis going to Jerusalem to see the Patriarch. I explained that this is HISTORIC and that this is part of our Lady's plan of peace and unity and the triumph. I said, "This is going to happen in YOUR lifetime! After soooo long apart! ALL christians will be called on to be ONE and it will be front page news!" She got sooo excited and said, "THAT IS AWESOME MOM! I see why you are excited and your right, no one would understand, but I do, this is why our Lady has come!! I see the Orthodox looking down their noses at us, and I also see us looking down our noses at the Protestants and we HAVE TO STOP IT! We MUST work on what unites us and go forward. THAT GIVES ME HOPE!!!"

JOY!!!! My 13 year old daughter HAS HOPE!
    THANK YOU JESUS AND MARY!!

Gratitude bouquets for everyone!!

[​IMG]

Adoremus and Eamonn like this.

15. YEP, YEP, YEP!! ;)

miker likes this.
  16. Mac

Mac Guest

What approved prophecy suggests this MS...The Protestants are going to have fits, as are the Orthodox and Catholics who do not know prophesy. B-E-N-D-I-N-G and allowing God to work through and with the Holy Father is the answer.

Which approved prophecy recommends bending?
    What saint speaks of unifying religions?

You better have some, because I have some showing this is nonsense.

17. sunburst

sunburst Powers

18. Uniting the Easter dates is not undoing dogma! I simply state the obvious, Pope Paul VI and Patriarch Athenagoras----Pope Paul VI bending and kissing the Patriarch's feet 50 years ago. Thats enough for me. Jesus does not want us to be divided. Period. Its a sin. (John 17:21)

You might want to do some research on the tremendous amount of work Blessed JPII did trying to unite the Orthodox with us. OH, and don't forget all the protestant denominations flocking back to the Mother Church--the Lutherans, the Anglicans etc. One of my own priests in Washington State was the saintly Fr. Peter Dally. He was an Episcopalian on Vashon Island with a huge parish. He converted and was accepted as one of the first 20 protestant priests to come back to the Mother Church, and he didn't just bring his wife and four kids, but 120 of his parishioners also!! He spent 20 years in Oklahoma and retired and moved back to Washington. They didn't want him, so he came over to the Eastern Rite, got duel rites and helped us in our small little Byzantine Catholic Church.

Then there is Benedict XVI...remember this?:
    http://www.romereports.com/pg155297...ted-benedict-xvi-during-their-trip-to-rome-en
    http://www.ec-patr.org/pope-barth/welcome-airport.htm
    http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/benedict_xvi_welcomes_new_serbian_patriarch/
    http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/ru...s-tribute-to-benedict-xvis-faith-belief-in-di

Unity between Christians will encourage others to peace, Pope states --
    Vatican City, Nov 24, 2008 / 10:52 am (CNA).- The Redemptoris Mater Chapel in the Vatican’s Apostolic Palace was the scene of an ecumenical ceremony on Monday morning that was presided over by Pope Benedict and Aram I of the Armenian Apostolic Church. Speaking at the event, the Pope highlighted the progress made in developing and understanding between the Eastern and Roman Churches.

Pope Benedict began his remarks by expressing his gratitude for the efforts that Aram I has made to encourage dialogue between the two Churches, noting that in 1997 the Catholicos paid a visit to Pope John Paul II.

The Pontiff then recalled that this is the year of Saint Paul and that the Armenian Apostolic leader will soon visit the tomb of the "Apostle of the Nations and pray with the monastic community at the basilica erected to his memory."

"In that prayer," the Pope said, "you will be united to the great host of Armenian saints and martyrs, teachers and theologians, whose legacy of learning, holiness and missionary achievements are part of the patrimony of the whole Church." In particular he mentioned St. Nerses Shnorkhali and St. Nerses of Lambon who, "as bishop of Tarsus, was known as 'the second Paul of Tarsus.'"

The testimony of these saints "culminated in the twentieth century, which proved a time of unspeakable suffering for your people," the Holy Father stated. Yet, the "faith and devotion of the Armenian people have been constantly sustained by the memory of the many martyrs who have borne witness to the Gospel down the centuries," he said.

Pope Benedict XVI then raised the topic of ecumenical dialogue between the Eastern Orthodox Churches and the Catholic Church, and thanked the Armenian Apostolic Church for their presence at the dialogue, which the Pontiff said has "benefited significantly" from their contributions.

The Holy Father also said that he hopes the dialogue will "clarify theological issues which have divided us in the past but now appear open to greater consensus." Moreover, the Pope explained that he sees an "increased understanding and appreciation of the apostolic tradition which we share" as contributing to an "ever more effective common witness to the spiritual and moral values without which a truly just and humane social order cannot exist."

Closing his remarks the Holy Father gave assurances of his "daily prayers and deep concern for the people of Lebanon and the Middle East. How can we not be grieved by the tensions and conflicts which continue to frustrate all efforts to foster reconciliation and peace at every level of civil and political life in the region?

"Most recently we have all been saddened by the escalation of persecution and violence against Christians in parts of the Middle East and elsewhere. Only when the countries involved can determine their own destiny, and the various ethnic groups and religious communities accept and respect each other fully, will peace be built on the solid foundations of solidarity, justice and respect for the legitimate rights of individuals and peoples."

Indy likes this.
  19. Mac

Mac Guest

Uniting Easter dates means nothing. It wont unify anything. Look at the Eastern Rites, they have different Easter dates yet are within the Church, Its a non issue.

20. Are you serious? You need to do more reading. I'm not going to do it for you. Obviously, the Pope thinks so, he is doing it...:)

MomsCalling likes this.