William Shatner deeply moved by space trip

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Krizevac, Oct 13, 2021 at 6:01 PM.

1. Krizevac

Krizevac Archangels

had me in tears

Rose, DeGaulle, Te Deum and 2 others like this.
  2. Mark1

Mark1 Archangels

...I've always liked William Shatner, and have heard he is basically not sure what comes after death. I pray/wish he would hear about Fatima, Lourdes, or something else within the Catholic faith, that would draw him in.

3. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I’m praying for him to find Jesus.

4. andree

andree Powers

Very moving reaction for such an experience - he ponders the meaning of life because of the amazing color of the earth's atmosphere and the contrast with the blackness on the other side of it.

I've always associated the blue mantle of Our Lady with the beautiful blue of our atmosphere. Coincidentally, this morning I read this article that described Sr Lucia's vision of St Joseph with Mary and Jesus which she saw right next to the sun. It made me think of Shatner's description of what he saw when he was outside of the blue shield: nothing, blackness. He even wondered if that blackness was death. It's as if we can only have the Light of God through Our Lady's Mantle and outside of it, there is blackness. She is the one through whom all Grace flows, whether we know it or not.

https://www.ncregister.com/blog/fatima-s-october-13-apparition-more-than-meets-the-eye

I'll pray for him today, that Shatner make that connection in this life!

DeGaulle, Clare A, Jo M and 3 others like this.
  5. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Well said. I was disappointed that God was missing from his emotional description of the heavens. I don't know how he could not make that connection after his journey into space, he must have a hard heart. I will pray for him too.

DeGaulle, Clare A and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Show biz

AED, Clare A and Jo M like this.
  7. Jo M

Jo M Powers

:( Yes.

AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.