Who could be the next pope?

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by sponsa Christi, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

Rather, we no doubt will take Christ's Magisterium underground, as Our Lady has told us. Unless of course we find pockets of holy priests and true Masses still offered.

When I initially read of the Mass changing and her Son no longer being with us in the Eucharist, I couldn't imagine what that might look like or how. Now I understand why so many may need to go "underground." I see lots of Masses in our homes.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
    Sam likes this.
  2. padraig

padraig Powers

We're really counting omn the Good God working some huge dramitic miracle. Some kind of Second Pentecost. But of course He can. But are we worthy of it?

AED likes this.
  3. RE: Pope JP I's death....now this: (if it was cyanide then "they" have been keeping a very dirty secret all this time)!

Meet the mobster who claims he helped whack Pope John Paul I over stock fraud

[​IMG]

Colombo gangster Anthony Raimondi (left) claims he was present in 1978 when fellow conspirators killed Pope John Paul I (above) with cyanide -- because the pontiff threatened to expose a stock fraud by Vatican bank insiders -- in the new book "When the Bullet Hits the Bone."Stephen Yang
    He helped kill the pope — so his pals could stay out of hell.

That’s the shocking claim from longtime Colombo gangster Anthony Raimondi, who says that, in 1978, he went to Italy with a team of hit men who whacked John Paul I. They allegedly poisoned him with cyanide just 33 days into the pontiff’s reign, according to Raimondi’s new book, “When the Bullet Hits the Bone,” out now from Page Publishing.

Raimondi, the nephew of legendary godfather Lucky Luciano, claims he was recruited for the murder at the age of 28 by his cardinal cousin, Paul Marcinkus, who ran the Vatican bank. Raimondi’s job was to learn the pope’s habits and be on hand to observe as Marcinkus knocked out John Paul by spiking his nightly cup of tea with Valium.

“I stood in the hallway outside the pope’s quarters when the tea was served,” he writes, adding that the drug did its job so well that their victim wouldn’t have stirred “even if there had been an earthquake,” he recounts. “I’d done a lot of things in my time, but I didn’t want to be there in the room when they killed the pope. I knew that would buy me a one-way ticket to hell.”

Instead, he stood outside the room as his cousin readied a dose of cyanide, he claims. “He measured it in the dropper, put the dropper in the pope’s mouth and squeezed,” Raimondi writes. “When it was done, he closed the door behind him and walked away.”

After the snoozing pontiff was force-fed the poison, a papal assistant checked on him, then cried out that “the pope was dying” — after which Marcinkus and two other cardinals in on the plot “rushed into the bedroom like it was a big surprise,” Raimondi writes. A Vatican doctor was summoned, who ruled that John Paul I had suffered a fatal heart attack, he writes.

They used Valium and the deadly toxin so as to kill the pope painlessly — and to curry favor in the afterlife, Raimondi claims. To prove John Paul I didn’t suffer, Marcinkus and cohorts Pietro Palazzini and Antonio Ribeiro, also his cousins, needed Raimondi to testify on their behalf before God, he claims. “They said when we die I would be their witness,” Raimondi, now 69, told The Post.

His job, Raimondi claims, was to drop in behind enemy lines in Cambodia and assassinate North Vietnamese fighters, which he says he did ruthlessly.

He allegedly returned to the US with a clean record and threw himself into mob business, benefitting from the help of Lansky, who, Raimondi writes, “taught me so many different ways of shaking down a guy. He also taught me so many ways to kill a guy, because Meyer was deadly. Don’t let nobody fool you: Meyer killed a lot of men in his time.”

Raimondi, who is now fighting cancer and living in Brooklyn, said he decided to quit the life and tell his story because “I don’t need this s–t any more.”

“All the old guys either went to prison or they died or went into witness protection,” he told The Post.

“The new guys didn’t do things the old way. I said, you know what, time to leave.”

https://nypost.com/2019/10/19/meet-...lped-whack-pope-john-paul-i-over-stock-fraud/

4. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

To our merciful God, absolutely!

padraig likes this.