Where did "our" elderly go?

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by DesertStar7, Jul 9, 2021.

?

Are you personally, or someone you know, avoiding shopping for fear of being targeted for violence?

1. Personally? Not at all.

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Personally? Somewhat.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Personally? Yes, I am.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Others I know? No.

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  5. Others I know? Yes, somewhat.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Others I know? Definitely.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}---

Since all the physical attacks on old(er) people in the USA, a nasty spate of it for many months, I'm noticing a "sudden" ABSENCE of older/elderly folks in my retirement haven small city with many, many senior-friendly and senior-oriented businesses and services. :unsure:

Weather here is usually very nice. Certain days were unofficial "senior days" with lots of elderly thronging grocery stores or my bank, and many browsing in both library and bookstores.

Now? Seldom, and never in the numbers as before.

Yesterday in a moderately busy Super Walmart I saw two people who seemed 65+. None in a Target store this evening.

I can't help but presume it's a fear, or concern at least, of being punched or worse.

If you are elderly, or close to other(s) who are, how concerned are you about being physically attacked?

I've created this poll such that voter identity won't be displayed.

2. padraig

padraig Powers

Perhaps they are afraid of catching the virus?

Two big huge dogs leave me afraid of nothing under the sun, it makes me bullet proof.:)

I just read recently that St Phillip Neri had a very special dog as did St John Bosco. They may both have been angels in dog form.

https://catholic-animals.com/saints-who-loved-animals/

DesertStar7, Sam, AED and 1 other person like this.
  3. Rain

Rain Powers

Personally and others I know, no.

AED, HeavenlyHosts and DesertStar7 like this.