What should we think when we read about scandals in Rome? Wherein Fr. Z rants…con't

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by sparrow, Jul 10, 2017.

1. sparrow

sparrow Exitus ~ Reditus

Con't:

So, you read about awful things in the Church and heresy and stupidity from her duly appointed pastors? Fine. If the Church is being attacked with such fury, and from the inside, that means that the Church is exactly what we need to belong to! Paradoxically, the corruption we see and the infidelity we read of are proofs of the Church’s divine origin. And since Christ founded the Church, that’s the Church I want to be in, flaws, wickedness and all.

Next, battle isn’t pretty. Just as a soldier in the state of grace who does his duty knows that even in battle he is in the “safest” place he can be, so too we know that we members of the Church in the state of grace are in the safest place we could be, even though corruption and infidelity and disgusting things are going on at every level. Since the Church is of divine origin, there is no place else we should ever want to be. We can be sad sometimes at the results of the battle. We can be afraid sometimes in the midst of the battle. But let us not waiver in our trust in Christ’s promises. Heaven is our reward, not worldly security, even in the Church. The Lord is my strength and shield and my trusting heart exalts in Him and with song I’ll give Him thanks even for the terrible battle that it falls to me to fight as His priest.

Moreover, Rome is only Rome. The “Vatican” is only the Vatican. Curial structures are not of divine origin. Christ promised nothing to the Roman Curia. He made no guarantees that the Faith would be preserved in the Curia. “Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation.”

Stick to the true and the proven. Stick to traditional sources for the review of the content of your Catholic Faith. Remember too that the content of your Faith is not just stuff to be read and memorized, but is also a Person with whom you have a relationship. Stick to Christ. Use the sacraments well. Review your own state in life and, having determined your duties and obligations, carry them out faithfully and with singularity of purpose. Examine your conscience and…

GO TO CONFESSION!

ACTION ITEM

Were every reader here, today, to examine his or her conscience and then GO TO CONFESSION!, offering up prayers of reparation for sins committed by faithless priests and bishops, faithless catholics who twist souls through their media outlets (Fishwrap, America, Commonweal, The Tablet, etc.), imagine the blow that would give to the Enemy.

Were every reader here, today, to take up the call of the Mother of God and do what she asked in praying the Rosary and making acts of reparation, imagine what a ripple effect that would have.

You are NOT few in number, dear readers. YOUR acts of reparation would be NOT a few. You can have an impact.

Were you to make an act of reparation and pray for forgiveness and conversion each time you read a story about the faithless agents of Hell who twist papal documents to contradict the Church’s true teachings, who are caught in the commission of evil acts, who distort minds and hearts through their horrid reporting or opinion pieces at certain internet sources… imagine the impact.

You might also pick a particularly annoying priest or bishop or media person who is clearly in trouble and dedicate some of your prayers for him.

Remember my prayer before using the internet. HERE Remember also my prayer for the conversion or destruction of the Fishwrap. HERE Remember The Bux Protocol™. HERE

Remember the Act of Reparation taught by the Angel of of Peace at Fatima:

Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Ghost, I adore You profoundly and I offer You the most precious Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus Christ, present in all the tabernacles of the world, in reparation for the outrages, sacrileges and indifferences by which He Himself is offended. And by the infinite merits of His Most Sacred Heart and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, I beg of You the conversion of poor sinners.

We are not helpless in this battle, friends. We have mighty spiritual weapons, made strong and good by Christ.

FIGHT!

Do I hear an “Amen!”?

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2017/07/ask-...-trust-anything-from-rome-wherein-fr-z-rants/

AED and Bella like this.
  2. Bella

Bella Guest

Fr Z is right. We can over-promote a lot of these scandals as being more important than they really are. Yesterday at Mass, I asked five different people, committed Catholics ,what they thought about Cardinal Muller's treatment. None of them knew what I was talking about. This doesn't even appear on the radar of most Catholics. I did the same with Amoris Laetitia - "what do you think of it ?". Blank looks all round. I'd say your normal Catholic pays no attention to what goes on in Rome. So, we have to be careful not to let these things destroy our peace or to encourage us to take our eyes off what God is doing.