What do you make of this....?

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Woman Clothed WithThe Sun, Sep 28, 2015.

1. padraig

padraig Powers

The only thing we can do about war is prayer , fasting and penance and to leave the rest in the Hands of the Good God.

I'm still amazed with the people in work, how unaware and uncaring them seem. How blind to the huge danger.

I wonder if this is the same in other parts of the world , do people seem asleep?

I recall what our Lady said in Medugorje that many of our leaders are human demons . I supect that this is so.

Our only weapon is the rosary.

PotatoSack and Pray4peace like this.
  2. Amazing Grace

Amazing Grace Principalities

I didn't read that medjugorje message. Do you have a link Padraig?

3. Dean

Dean Archangels

I believe this is the same in most parts of the world. As I go around day to day and people are talking about what they are doing for plans next summer or in 2 years or getting engaged to be married next fall I realize that most are not that worried about the future. And maybe sometimes that would be better :)

padraig likes this.
  4. padraig

padraig Powers

Yes sometimes I think they are beter. But Our Lady said they need to make at least Spriitual Preparations. I really feel sorry for people whom the time when it comes wil be like a bolt from the blue. This would be truly terrible.

I think Christians are always meant to have their bags packed ,at least a little. This is what the Scripture readings point to at this time of the year.

Keeping your bags packed. Someone may be coming...

JAA and Dean like this.
  5. padraig

padraig Powers

I will look and see....:)

Amazing Grace likes this.
  6. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

I think families stay so ultra busy as a way to deny all the bad stuff happening in the world. They don't want to think about it so they have incredible schedules so they don't have to think of all that is disturbing going on in the world.

padraig and fallen saint like this.
  7. padraig

padraig Powers

People are so busy, I don't know how those with familes cope. But I have found lately with Public Transport it has slwoed my life down loads. So much time walking up and down station platforms and around bus stops. On Friday night my bus was half an hour late. The time went by in a flask. I think I so much needed that time in prayer. It even seems to effect my sleep. I usually get us around 4:30 am this monring I was up two hours later and after coming home from mass went back to bed for two hous, sleeping like the dead.

I think having the car right at the door was too much of a temptation. It reminds me of being a child again.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  8. padraig

padraig Powers

9. miker

miker Powers

I think this pretty much answers your question Padraig as to why people are unaware. They sit in front if what my mom called the "boob tube" :) hours upon hours. This is also where they get all the news the government want them to have. Very scary. I'm happy to say, we have one TV left in our house- in our family room where there is either a good family movie or a football game on usually just one day a week. Now, I need to get the kids off the darn "smart" devices. Wish my mom was still around so she could come up with a better description for those annoying things :).

MMM and fallen saint like this.
  10. padraig

padraig Powers

At least when people gather round TV together it is communal Mike. What realy scares me is kids using the TV and computers on their won in their rooms without supervision. I thought I was experienced but some of what I came across on the net by accident have turned my hair white.

It saddens me at night time walking the dogs and house after house I pass has the TV on. Sad, sad, sad. So much waste.

The TV will not get us into heaven.

11. BrianK

BrianK Guest

Our pastor calls smart phones "the devil's box." He is a wise man.

fallen saint, miker and CrewDog like this.
  12. CrewDog

CrewDog Guest

TV ... and I-Pods, Video Games have become satanic distractions :mad:
    I just did an unsuccessful search for a Catholic, I think, lady seer that foresaw the dangers of TV. She described it as a box in the home. Anybody remember who/what I'm talking about?

GOD SAVE ALL HERE!!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2015
    miker likes this.
  13. fallen saint

fallen saint Baby steps :)

One of my friends on Facebook said once the family got to their grandparents house a basket was waiting. All phones were placed in basket

I guess they started a new tradition.

:)

fr

Heidi, padraig and miker like this.
  14. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

Yes people stay so busy they don't have time to stay on
    Facebook FS?? :rolleyes: I do miss out on some communication with friends but I am glad I have never had a Facebook account. I guess if you have kids you have to but I hear kids aren't using it that much anymore. I forget the site they have gone to.

15. Our Lady speaks about it being the 'idol' in the book of Revelations to Fr. Gobbi of the Marian Movement of Priests...there are many other seers too.

CrewDog likes this.
  16. andree

andree Powers

I think you're thinking of St Elizabeth Seton who saw in a vision that every American home would have a black box through which the devil would enter...

Sam, CrewDog and Sanctus like this.