Weird Coincidence?

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by RosaryWielder, May 12, 2021.

1. RosaryWielder

RosaryWielder Away working on a lot of changes in my life.

On the secular forum site I’m on, a lot of people are suddenly going, “I’ve gotta move!” I’ve gotta get out of this place!” ‘I’ve gotta leave this town!” I’ve gotta get away from my parents!” I’ve noticed this because, I myself have been in the same situation, wanting to leave my parents place and live the independent adult life of a homesteader. But I can’t help but wonder, is this just a weird coincidence, or is it a sign of something else going on. Have any of you seen this happen among your family and friends, in real life or online? Is it maybe just a sign of the polarization happening in Europe and the Americas? Or maybe it’s just us millennials waking up and being like “Oh shoot! I’m wasting my life, I’ve gotta growing up and start living as an independent adult!” (Albeit, of the two people I have in mind who are acting like this recently, one is I think in his 40s and the other might be Gen Z.)

Are people acting like this elsewhere? Is this all just a weird coincidence or is something afoot?

DesertStar7 and sparrow like this.
  2. sparrow

sparrow Exitus ~ Reditus

Even we have had these thoughts of moving away but due to figuring that we are going to have to be self-sustaining to survive. I trust God but He helps those who help themselves so we're trying to discern whether we need to move away to somewhere secluded. I wish there were Catholic communities to go to. It would be tremendously difficult for us to do though. There is a site called Freedom Cells that is linking up like-minded people that want to build communities of off-griders and connections to farm food sources, etc. So it's out there...

DesertStar7, RosaryWielder and AED like this.
  3. AED

AED Powers

Thats encouraging.

sparrow and RosaryWielder like this.
  4. RosaryWielder

Yeah, the Lord in His mercy has put me in an interesting and remote area, so there are a lot of natural advantages here; and it might be easier to set up a Catholic community here, once I’ve set up my own homestead and family and am out evangelizing people. I hope and pray others are also successful elsewhere in the world.

sparrow and DesertStar7 like this.
  5. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 To Jesus + through Mary @-}--

I don't think it's a coincidence at all, especially considering the COVID lockdowns.

The question is: Where will all these people go?

Even 10 years ago, there were lots of viable options. Here in the USA? I can't think of anywhere else I'd want to go NOW ... and that's after having disliked this small city for years (turns out certain aspects I disliked before were blessings in disguise).

Hopefully in Canada you still have options (plural).

sparrow and RosaryWielder like this.
  6. RosaryWielder

In my local area yes, in my province, sort of, in Canada, it gets harder; fortunately it seems that I do have time to move a short distance in my local area, but how much time is uncertain.

sparrow and DesertStar7 like this.
  7. sparrow

sparrow Exitus ~ Reditus

You are also Canadian? I am in South-Western Ontario

RosaryWielder likes this.
  8. RosaryWielder

I’m in the BC interior.

sparrow likes this.
  9. sparrow

sparrow Exitus ~ Reditus

I hear there are many abandoned hunt camps out there...

RosaryWielder likes this.