weather upheaveals

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Katfalls, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Katfalls

Katfalls Powers

I don't know how many of you have heard of the recent four days ago weather upheaval in southern Alabama. We survived a couple of hurricanes down here last fall, Sally being the worst. In fact, our new roof was completed last week! And then over the weekend a bad line of storms moved through, we were spared. Just north of the really bad stuff, although we had alot of wind and rain. But the HAIL! Just south of us in Orange Beach, hail the size of tennis balls. Over 600 cars were damaged. It not only beat them up, smashed windshields, but pummeled the side view mirrors right off the cars. Houses beaten up! You probably did not hear much about it . . .here is a link: https://www.nola.com/news/weather/article_ade541da-9a05-11eb-8b8d-d70ffff36945.html

sparrow, DesertStar7, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  2. AED

AED Powers

Never heard a word! Thanks for the link. Poor Alabama! Are you all right?

Jo M, Mary's child and Beth B like this.
  3. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

no...we didn’t hear much...maybe just a brief news blurb....so glad you personally didn’t get hit hard. It’s just one thing after another.....:(

Jo M and Mary's child like this.
  4. Katfalls

Katfalls Powers

Yes, we are fine here! Just missed us . . .I did hear we are supposed to have a bad storm season this year, but I hear that alot from the weather guys. They like to terrify people I think, you know like covid and all the other bad things out there. At least we have survived the killer bees!

sparrow, AED, HeavenlyHosts and 3 others like this.
  5. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Guest

I did hear something about weather (forecast warnings) for that area, but quickly forgot.

Wow! :(

AED, HeavenlyHosts and Mary's child like this.
  6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

No shortage of trials and tribulations. Thank God you are okay. I know you are glad to get your new roof! We are still waiting for ours. The weather here is inclement and we don’t seem to get a clear stretch needed to install it.
    Still, compared to others......thanks for the reality check.

AED and Jo M like this.
  7. Dolours

Dolours Guest

Wow! Those hailstones are so big they could knock a person unconscious. Thank God you're OK. A new roof is a big deal. Is your house very old?

We're having mild weather here. Had some hail last week but otherwise just the usual mix of sunshine and showers. No rain today. Very likely won't get any rain for the next few days because I spread grass feed yesterday and if there's no rain within two or three days I'll have to use the hose on the grass. If past experience is anything to go by, we'll have a deluge the day after I use the hose.

Beth B, AED, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  8. BrianK

BrianK Guest

Monday evening I drove from Virginia to Pennsylvanian up US Route 81 after dark.

I drove through a constant electrical storm for almost two hours. I’ve never seen so much lightning in my life. It was after dark but I almost could have driven without my headlights, there were so many lightening strikes and they were so constant.

sparrow, Beth B, AED and 3 others like this.
  9. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Wow, that's crazy! If the storms are this bad now, I don't even want to think about the summer. :eek:

10. Katfalls

Katfalls Powers

house was built in the 1990's, it was about time for a new roof anyway. Lots of folks are getting more expensive metal roofs now, but we opted for shingles. We are in our 70's and don't know how long we will be living here, so didn't want to invest in the next owner's new roof! It's interesting how your outlook changes as you get older . . . we hare having more thundershowers and LOTS of rain today. Over in Mobile they are under a flash flood watch. That's about 30 miles from me on the other side of the bay. We are on higher ground though, not in a flood plain . . .

Beth B, AED, Sam and 2 others like this.
  11. Dolours

Dolours Guest

Hope you're ok and the floods won't do a lot of damage. Will say a prayer for you and people living on lower ground.

A house built in the 1990s is not old. Ours is older and I'd likely have a heart attack at the thought of having to replace the roof. I don't know anyone who had to put in a whole new roof. I had to look up shingles. I think they're what we call slates.

Mary's child and AED like this.
  12. sparrow

sparrow Exitus ~ Reditus

I have been giving glory to God for the weather here! We had July in April last week! Warmest April I ever remember.. The plants are tricked into thinking it's summer! More seasonal now with a little rain and cooler temps but still ok. We don't get too much bad weather here in South-Western Ontario Canada. In fact, the last couple of summers have been fabulous. I remember thanking God for them! And thinking.. hmmm.. is this because things are gonna go south pretty quickly hereafter?? :unsure: Not sure why I thought that and then the fear-demic came, and here we are!
    Glad everyone is safe!

HeavenlyHosts, Dolours and AED like this.
  13. Katfalls

Katfalls Powers

We're under a severe thunderstorm warning, heavy winds and golf size hail. Yikes . . .

Mary's child, AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  14. Mario

Mario Powers

sparrow,

Are you close to either the Lakes Region or Madonna House?

AED likes this.
  15. sparrow

sparrow Exitus ~ Reditus

I am North of Lake Erie and East of Lake St. Clair. Does that help? I have been to Madonna House but it's way north-east of here by about 6 hours.

AED likes this.
  16. Mario

Mario Powers

Thanks, sparrow, but I'm unfamiliar with that area. I bet the closest I've come is traveling in Canada near Hamilton on the way to the State of Michigan.:unsure:

St Christopher, pray for us!

AED likes this.
  17. sparrow

sparrow Exitus ~ Reditus

I lived in Hamilton for 6 years. You must have crossed at Niagara Falls? Or did you travel down the 401 Hwy and cross at Detroit?