We have no garden

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Padrepiofan, Nov 19, 2021.

1. Padrepiofan

Padrepiofan New Member

Hiya , we live in a small apartment with no garden, I was worrying about food shortages and passports for food shost. I would just start growing my own food, but that's not an option.

I've bought loads of tinned food, dried pasta and rice. Is there any tips for long term, we have a child??

HeavenlyHosts and DesertStar7 like this.
  2. Rice has a shelf life of 5 years, maybe even longer.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    HeavenlyHosts and DesertStar7 like this.
  3. Ananchal

Ananchal Vigilans

I’m not sure how small your apartment is but you could also learn how to can food or buy a food dehydrator and store foods. You could invest in some plant lights and then make some container gardens for herbs, tomatoes and such. Some towns, cities have areas they rent for small gardens. But it is a difficult balance between having living space and storage space when in a small confined area. Good luck!

4. maryrose

maryrose Powers

I think white rice stores for ages also pasta. I think it's good to have a supply of food that you normally would eat and keep topping up as you eat it. Pray & trust. We all will have to trust in the Lord at the end of the day. Don't fret.

5. Serena

Serena Principalities

Rice will keep indefinitely as long as you store it well as well as honey. Things like pasta and dried fruit is good. I believe that tinned products as long as they aren’t dented or swollen can last years beyond their shelf life.

6. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Don’t forget beans. Dried or canned
    They are a good source of protein especially when eaten together with rice.

Serena and Jason Fernando like this.
  7. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

This makes sense, maryrose .

Jason Fernando likes this.