Wars and rumors of wars on the TLM and Summorum Pontificum”?

Discussion in 'Pope Francis' started by BrianK, May 26, 2021.

1. AED

AED Powers

I.LOVE.JESSE ROMERO.
    A superb evangelist. His radio show Jesus 911 is excellent. You tube banned him of course so now we can listen through Virgin Most Powerful website.

DeGaulle, Sam and Clare A like this.
  2. AED

AED Powers

Sets my teeth on edge.:mad::mad:
    Where is that throw-up emoji for pachamama?
    God bless and protect the "most beautiful thing this side of heaven"--the glorious traditional Latin Mass.

Beth B, Ananchal, DeGaulle and 5 others like this.
  3. Xavier

Xavier "In the end, My Immaculate Heart will Triumph."

Dear Holy Father, Dear Bishops: A Plea from Young Faithful Roman Catholics.

josephite, Beth B, DeGaulle and 4 others like this.
  4. padraig

padraig Powers

The Holy Father would make a truly great chess player. He rarely makes a miss step. He has massively, massively over reached this time though. He has set the entire Church , virtually, against him.

This was several years down the road stuff.

How has such a great political chess player made such a collosal blunder?

I put it down to his recent illness. Suddenly he realised that death is by his side waiting to summon him home to Judgement and he rushed his Revolutionary project forward far too much.

Chess players who rush are finished.

Check.

Your move, Holy Father.

upload_2021-7-23_12-59-9.jpeg

5. Clare A

Clare A Archangels

I’m shocked that YouTube would ban Jesse Romero. Why? There is some deep stuff in that interview, especially the discussion about silence. Has anyone read Cardinal Sarah’s book on silence? Does it tie into what Jesse says?

Michael Pio and AED like this.
  6. AED

AED Powers

They didn't ban Jesse per se but Virgin Most Powerful radio so all the new material from that wonderful radio station is now accessible from their web site. They were all standing up for God and traditional values and questioning the vaxx so of course--down they go.:mad:

josephite, Beth B, Ananchal and 3 others like this.
  7. AED

AED Powers

How chilling. Time is running out to destroy the traditional liturgy of the Church and disenfranchise the most generous and devout members of that Church so better hurry up and bull doze it through! This is deeply disturbing and I hope it is not true. This man--pope though he may be--needs serious prayer. Even more so because he is pope.

Beth B, Mary's child, Clare A and 2 others like this.
  8. AED

AED Powers

This is magnificent!!!!

Beth B and Michael Pio like this.
  9. Adoremus

Adoremus Powers

I agree, you really have to be there in body as well as spirit. The smell of the incense is a big part of it for me.

Beth B, Ananchal, Clare A and 5 others like this.
  10. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Even at a Low Mass with no incense.
    There is the sense of the veil being lifted.

11. BrianK

BrianK Powers Staff Member

I actually prefer a low TLM. Less distraction, more silence.

12. BrianK

13. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I do, too. I like the progression through the parts of the Mass, without the stop and start. But I won't complain at a High Mass, either.:)

AED, Michael Pio and BrianK like this.
  14. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

My young children definitely prefer the High Mass :)

15. BrianK

Having sung in a Traditional Latin Mass schola, I can appreciate a well sung high mass. (I gave up singing in the schola so I could better concentrate on the mass itself.)

Beth B, AED and Michael Pio like this.
  16. PurpleFlower

PurpleFlower Powers

I am very familiar with chant, having studied it in college and singing Renaissance Polyphony in the Collegium Cantorum alongside the men's schola for several years. The schola was directed by a wonderful old Cistercian priest who was like a father to all of us. We traveled throughout the U.S. and Canada singing in beautiful Masses and weddings. The spirituality taught to us by Father and my choir director (a delightful and sophisticated woman he called "Madam") helped shape the maturation of my faith in my early twenties. We were taught to ALWAYS honor God through our singing...that our music was not properly done if it wasn't a prayer. We spent many of our spare hours on choir trips praying silently in great basilicas and cathedrals, because without a deep relationship with God how could we express that properly-oriented beauty in our singing?

So the music of the High Mass is very dear to me, as well.

Sam, Adoremus, Rose and 7 others like this.
  17. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

I think you over-estimate him. There are numerous reports of his foul language in general discourse-hard to confirm, but everyone saw his assault upon that poor Chinese lady. This man seems a coarse boor and an ignorant bully. His association with the crude heresy of Pachamama seems more a catastrophe for the 'Enlightened' liberal cause than the skill of a chess mastermind.

I find it encouraging that in my day-to-day conversations with the public that I encounter, nobody and I repeat nobody ever mentions Pope Francis. This contrasts with Donald Trump, for example, who despite his negative coverage in the mainstream media was a commonplace of small talk conversation. I think it can be safely said that in the case of the general public, the reaction to this virtue-signalling clericalist demagogue pope is a case of the silence being deafening. To cut to the fundamentals, few will put their hope of eternal life being delivered by Pachamama-for that only Christ serves.

Beth B, Sam, Michael Pio and 3 others like this.
  18. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

I am very ignorant of these matters, but Chant seems a very unegotistical form of hymnody. Nobody is the soloist-in contrast with so much 'hymnology' nowadays in which we are expected to acclaim the 'lead singer' (almost exclusively female, which must mean my whole problem is down to my being a 'sexist'-because, you know, that's the real criterium for the judgement of everything. Yet, nobody delivers a round of applause to He who has offered Himself in Sacrifice for those of all ages and places.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2021
  19. AED

AED Powers

Chant is experientially soothing to the soul. Non-Christians find it calming and meditative. I imagine protestants when given half a chance might love it. It is truly the music of heaven. And you are not sexist to note the selfless harmony of voices raised to God! (I know you were being facetious:) but just sayin')

DeGaulle, Michael Pio, BrianK and 2 others like this.
  20. Mario

Mario Powers

Yes, Luan, there are 24 churches under Rome's authority with obviously the Latin Rite being the largest by far. I personally know priests who belong to 2 of the Churches, the Maronite and the Melkite. Their liturgies remain unaffected.:)

Safe in the Barque of Peter!

AED, Michael Pio, BrianK and 2 others like this.