Warnings from heaven

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by garabandal, Aug 18, 2010.

1. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I met a fella today called Sean who was converted at Medjugorje 5 years ago [from a life of hard drinking] & fasts 3 days per week on bread and water. He claimed our Lady & Lord conversed with him in inner locutions & shared a few messages with me [I leave it for your discernment].

With regard to the floods in Pakistan our Lord told him that there will be other major floods coming.

He was given a vision of a major eartquake in the USA [a punishment for the sin of abortion], and San Francisco was destroyed and much of the western sea-board as well. A major, major earthquake.

He received the following 'message' from Jesus on 3 April 2010 - to my chosen apostle:
    'my child you are now entering the end times. A great chastisement will come upon the world because of sin committed against my heavenly Father, again I say to those who reject my mercy will perish in hell'. He was told to 'spread this message my child while there is still time'. Sean was shown the chastisement as 'fire from heaven' and after this the world's population will be much smaller than it is now.

Sean senses that all of these events will come 'soon' [as will an illumination of conscience].

With regard to the church [according to Sean] heaven is concerned abot the following ill-disciplines:
    'Inappropriate dress at Mass especially 'too much flesh' displayed.
    'receiving the Eucharist in the hand - we should always receive on the tongue'
    'God prefers us to kneel whilst receiving communion' - Sean does this at Mass but gets a hard time over it!

We must discern of course what is genuine but it seems that God is using many, many people to alert others to the dangerous times that we live in & heaven is warning us that things will change.

2. darrell

darrell New Member

There's not much in this message that most of us could not have written:
    'my child you are now entering the end times. -- OK. What does that mean exactly?

A great chastisement will come upon the world because of sin committed against my heavenly Father, -- the same as Garabandal.

again I say to those who reject my mercy will perish in hell'. -- A basic teaching of the Catholic Church.

He was told to 'spread this message my child while there is still time'. -- None of us knows how much time we have in this earthly life, and we're not supposed to waste it. Again, the duty of our lay apostalate, to make disciples of all nations is a basic teaching of the Church.

Sean was shown the chastisement as 'fire from heaven' -- The same as a message given to Sister Sasagawa from Our Lady of Akita.

As far as "ill-disciplines", I agree too much flesh is a problem, but I would think Heaven would be more concerned about uncelibate priests and homosexual priests. As well, and I could be wrong, but open dissent against the teaching of the Catholic Church by priests and laity - in my mind - is much more serious than whether we receive Holy Communion standing or on our knees, expecially when the Church has made no pronouncement. And anyone who says we should only receive on the toungue doesn't know their history.

3. Mario

Mario Powers

garabandal,

I concur with much of what Darrell shared, but my deepest hesitation over your new acquantance, is just that, he is a virtual stranger. I would think humility would give an authentic locutionist a spirit of reservation. Yes, speak of the Lord's mercy, speak of the need to pray and fast, and speak of the need of a loving witness. The center of one's witness must be on Christ. Perhaps you skipped over the beginning of your conversation, but it seems that Sean's focus is as much on himself as anything else. For me, that is a red flag.

The gift of prophecy seems to have blossomed in the Church in the last fifty years what with its prominent role in the Charismatic Movement, the various reported apparitions, and numerous locutionists. I treasure the Holy Spirit's action in the world and I try to be attentive, but to tell you the truth I now weary of so many voices. Perhaps it is a product of the internet phenomenon. Anyway, the manner in which prophecy is exercised demands great caution; most of the time God does not speak audibly to the individual. It is more like an urgent intrusion into the regular thought pattern of the person. When this occurs, the person must discern and sift carefully, seeking confirmation in his heart from the Lord. Obviously, if these thoughts arise in the context of a prayer meeting that preliminary discernment must be immediate so as to relay God's message to those present. Sometimes, the seriousness of the message requires the individual to seek confirmation from another who possesses the gift of discerning spirits. It is a marvelous gift to be exercised prudently. If not, pride and vainglory will raise their heads.

The issue of locutions and apparitions is even more incredible for it involves a person actually hearing and seeing. Padraig is right to encourage us not to quench the Spirit in our personal lives, but I think the number of persons God calls forth to publily share messages has been greatly exaggerated. It is an indication that satan is trying to gum up the works.

Ultimately, we must follow the advise of Our Lady of Medjugorje. Living the messages is key. I praise God that we on this forum are trying to do just that. Lord, what would you have me do today?

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

4. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I was merely paraphrasing some of the conversation that I had with Sean as it is always difficult to remember everything in a particular conversation so my post was only several snippets of what we discussed.

Sean was actually ignorant of Garabandal and Akita when I questioned him about Marian apparitions - his 'conversion' experience was only 5 years ago through Medjugorje and he knew little of other Marian apparitions so I feel there was no cross-contamination there.

With regard to Communion I only take communion on the tongue out of repect for the sacred host. I once was a Eucharisitc minister but have given that up as I began to feel uncomfortable in handling the sacred body of Christ. Deep within I was convinced that only priests should be handling the body and blood of Christ.

Reception of communion in the hand is an important issue and central to the present crisis for 2 reasons:
    1. Abuse of the Eucharistic species [offences are widespread and especially by satanists]
    2. Faith in the real presence - there is no doubt in my mind that respect for the Eucharist has declined dramatically since reception on the hand was introduced. The Eucharist is the 'source and summit' of our faith and proper dignity and respect is needed and needs to be enforced as a discipline first. I believe that this will happen under the current Pope or at latest under the next Pope [here I am prophecying]. The debate is really about adoration [as opposed to devotion]. If God is really and truely present in the Eucharist then we have a duty to adore Him!

One of the first interviews with Cardinal Cañizares Llovera, the new Prefect of the Congregation for the Divine Worship, dealt with Communion on the Tongue.

"No, it is not just a matter of form. What does it mean to receive communion in the mouth? What does it mean to kneel before the Most Holy Sacrament? What dies it mean to kneel during the consecration at Mass? It means adoration, it means recognizing the real presence of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist; it means respect and an attitude of faith of a man who prostrates before God because he knows that everything comes from Him, and we feel speechless, dumbfounded, before the wondrousness, his goodness, and his mercy.

Also Cardinal Stafford, Prefect of the Apostolic Penitentiary speaking of sins reserved to the Holy See, spoke recently of desecration of the Holy Eucharist, said, 'this offense is occurring with more and more frequency, not just in satanic rites but by ordinary faithful who receive Communion and then remove the host from their mouths and spit it out or otherwise desecrate it."

5. Seán

Seán New Member

What Seán has said is effectively true, as Darrell has pointed out. We could reach
    similar conclusions from reading Catholic Prophecy. The fire from heaven sounds like
    the three days of darkness that is prophecised to wipe out a third of humanity.
    Perhaps he may well have received a true locution. It's nice to hear that Medjugorje
    played a part in his conversion.

6. garabandal

garabandal Powers

I think the 3 days darkness is a true Catholic prophecy predicted by several different saints and in different centuries. Not something to look forward to!

Of course it is also true to say that man has his destiny in his own hands. Should humanity repent and put on sackcloth & ashes and return to God then there would be no chastisement. Like Nineveh the earth would be spared. However, God knows the future with absolute certainty and that the heart of this generation is far from his grace and therefore the trumpets of warnings get louder and louder the closer we get to the chastisements. As the darkness deepens then more powerful will be the impact of the Illumination, which will catch the world by surprise.

We await the fullness of this time of Grace and as long as our Lady continues to give monthly messages in Medjugorje then this is a sign that the time of grace is still upon us as our Lady continues to draw her children to her Immaculate heart. The time of grace I believe will continue right up to the 3rd secret which is the Permanent Sign - our Lady has said that when the sign appears it will be 'too late for many to convert', so the sign marks the end of the time of grace and then a period of tribulations which corresponds to secrets four through to ten. It is a comfort to know that we will get advanced warning for each of the secrets and we will get time to lead our families and friends towards God and faith in order to prepare for the tough times ahead.

Medjugorje is at the heart of God's plans for this generation, a prophetic pulse that beats and resonates because there the Immaculate Heart of Mary reigns and where the Triumph of her Immaculate Heart has already begun.

7. Seán

Seán New Member

I like the way that Our Lady emphasises that we are living in a time of grace at present,
    but that it will one day soon end and the secrets, warnings for the earlier ones, and chastisements
    for the later ones, will begin to unfold.

8. padraig

padraig New Member

I had a little crisis about recieving communion on the hand a few years back when a I read a whole clutch of visionaries who said we should recieve the host on the tongue. So I tried doing this, but it was so long since I recieved in this way it felt awkward and uncomfortable. So I prayed about this and felt led in prayer to simply do as the Church permits, while the Church permits it. So now I recieve on the hand and will do so until the Church forbids it.

I saw something which really annoyed me a couple of weeks ago, a man who recieving the Precious Blood dropped a lot of it on the ground. I think I read somewhere that God sends His angels to collect particles of hosts that fall to the ground. I would so much like to believe this is so.

I don't know if the messages Sean is getting are true or false, but if I had to put a figure on it I would say well over 99% of 'visionaries at present are false. The difficulty being that they often tend to model their message on geniune Catholic approved sites such as Fatima...so its often very, very difficult to tell the wolves from the sheep.

I read somewhere that there were over 200 false visions round Lourdes in a couple of years right after The Immaculate Conception appeared to Saint Bernadette, many of them of outright diabolic origin, so this is not a new thing.

I always like to leave the door open a little as to whether such things are true or false so as not to quench the Spirit, in either case if they are false and ongoing they will eventually as a matter of course betray themselves as false if they are.

As Rabbi Gamaliel advises in the Acts of the Apostles:

..........'if [the Gospel] be of men, it will come to naught, but if it be of God, ye will not be able to overthrow it; lest perhaps ye be found even to fight against God.'

9. padraig

padraig New Member

Thee are a number of things common I think in false sites at this time.

First of all if individuals or groups are looking for money, especially if they are looking for money all the time and 'Urgently' especially to promote themselves.

Another is in visions if Jesus appears it tends to make me prick my ears up. I feel that heaven is sending Mary at this time as was prophesied in scripture:.

Song of Solomon 6:10
    Who is this that appears like the dawn, fair as the moon, bright as the sun, majestic as the stars in procession?

Its like the Incarnation, Mary first , then Jesus. Mary has been given the role of Leading Heavcnens Army at this time, its just the way it is.

Another thing raises supicions is when the alleged visionary acts very, 'Newsy' almost like a newsreader....

Another thing is this; that the devil is boring and so are those who give false messages. If you pick a true message you can chew over it for daysor even years ,as you would a piece of scripture. You never get this nourishing stuff from false messages, no matter how dramatic.

I rember Mary's words for instance at Medugorje, 'If you knew how much God loves you you would cry for joy!!

]

I read this years ago and will never,ever forget it. But you can carry such things in your heart for all eternity, you could not do so with a false message.

....also I like them to have a good sense of humour, especially to laugh at themselves and to be down to Earth and not overly pietistic and standing out....the devil never laughs and is a serious dude.

10. Seán

Seán New Member

Well, if he laughs, it is for the wrong reasons, of course.

I also notice that true visionaries go into a kind of ecstatic bliss when Our Lady appears,
    and they are aware of nothing else but her, whereas false visionaries seem nonchalant about it, putting more emphasis on the fact that 'our Lady' has appeared and they converse with her as one talking to the mother-in-law over the phone, which, depending on the circumstances, may or may not be a spiritually uplifting experience... :lol:

and as you pointed out Pádraig, the message
    is theologically very deep in true apparitions. We also tell by its fruits, by conversions, and perhaps even by
    miracles.