Virus Remedy?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by padraig, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Yes, my mother always put a pinch of breadsoda in the cabbage water. Pity she didn't have any magic solution for the smell of boiling cabbage. I hate it to this day although the smell doesn't seem to be a strong nowadays. Maybe that's down to extractor fans.

'Fraid it will take more than bread soda and vitamins to save me if I catch the virus. I'm a smoker with all the failed good intentions. I'm too ashamed to re-visit Fallen Saint's thread about Lent :(.

2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

They put erasers on pencils for people like us.

Sunnyveil, Sam and AED like this.
  3. Dolours

Dolours Powers

:LOL::D:LOL::D:LOL:

Sunnyveil, HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  4. Jo M

Jo M Archangels

Can't stand the smell of boiling cabbage either. In the US the cooler cases are bursting with corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick's day celebrations. I just heard on the news that the big St. Patrick's day parade in Boston has been cancelled due to coronavirus. Apparently anything Catholic related will now be cancelled. :rolleyes:

Dolours, AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Romanians make delicious cabbage dishes as well. I have olfactory memories, as well.:LOL:

Dolours, Sam and Jo M like this.
  6. JeromeinDesert

JeromeinDesert Totus Tuus

Saints have given us many medicinal remedies for pestilences over dozens of centuries.

Well I tried to upload the file I have on Medicinal Remedies but it was too large to upload. I will post what I can below:

Neither pretend to replace medicines or treatments prescribed by a doctor. Another
    recommendation is to read the product’s labels and analyze the dose with a doctor before beginning
    its consumption, since according to the brand that is being used, the ingredients and the
    recommended doses may vary.

OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST
    “My people, great suffering looms over humanity: the diseases that you thought eradicated
    will return to frighten you since in these times they expand very quickly.”

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  7. AED

AED Powers

:cautious::(

Jo M likes this.
  8. Katfalls

Katfalls Archangels

Too bad. I'll be wearing my green at church on Sunday ☘☘ We have Irish hymns picked out for choir, too.

Sam, AED, Jo M and 1 other person like this.
  9. Jo M

Jo M Archangels

Good for you!!! We have a little St. Patrick's day party planned for the family after Mass this Sunday. :D

Sam, AED, Katfalls and 1 other person like this.
  10. sparrow

sparrow Powers

Panic vs Perfect Love - Mark Mallett

AED, Indy and FatimaPilgrim like this.
  11. I was doing a little research on how tribal African people treated pneumonia the most used plant was daisy species after having a thought about which common species was found here in Ireland I researched our common dandelion I knew of its ability for making wine but never new its medicinal properties. How very strange that we have been trying to kill that plant for years :(

Results below

Suggested Amount:

Dandelion root is generally taken as an herbal tea three times per day. Use one to two teaspoonfuls of coarsely cut or powdered root per cup of tea (1 teaspoon of dandelion root weighs approximately 1.5 grams) for a daily dosage of between 5-15 grams. Other preparations may be taken correspondingly, such as fluidextract and tincture. Dandelion root fresh-pressed juice can also be taken with the recommended dosage of between 5-10ml daily. For treating pneumonia, bronchitis and upper respiratory tract infections, it is recommended that the tea be boiled for a short time and finally passed through a strainer and that the leaves be eaten as well. The boiling process serves to increase the bioavailability of some of the active ingredients. As a food, dandelion root can also be added to soups and broths. For tonsillitis, Chinese herbalists recommend placing one ounce of root into two or three cups of boiling water and simmering until half the liquid remains. The resulting concentrate is recommended for tonsillitis and sore throat.

More here..
    http://medmelon.gr/2014/dandelion-root/

12. AED

AED Powers

Very interesting. We will have an abundance of dandelion in a month or so. I know the first settlers to this country brought with them cuttings from their gardens back in England-'medicinal gardens. They had knowledge of herbs and roots that we have lost.

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  13. sparrow

sparrow Powers

We drink (commercial but organic) dandelion teas here all the time. You can get them online or at health food stores too. Haven't tried making our own from fresh dandelions yet..

AED likes this.
  14. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

My Dad (Greek) drank the pot liquor from boiled dandelions
    He ate those bitter greens warm with olive oil and a splash of lemon juice, then put the cooking water (pot liquor) in a pitcher in the fridge
    It was very bitter but full of nutrition
    I didn’t go near it :sick:
    My mother used to go to a field near the Anacostia River in DC in the springtime and dig them or cut them for him
    Be careful of the soil now
    What is in it or on it

AED likes this.
  15. AED

AED Powers

Wow. Interesting. We tried eating them once and they were just too bitter. We always have quite a crop in our yard. Maybe I'll try them.

16. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Maybe mix them with some spinach or something else. Just wash them really well in the sink with lots of fresh water to get the grit out.

AED likes this.
  17. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

http://thegreekvegan.com/dandelion-greens-horta-vrasta/
    Here is the recipe and how to select the dandelions, and clean them, and cook them. It says you can find dandelion greens in the markets in the Northeast US. Hmm,
    But everything in this link is exactly the way my parents did it. And save the cooking water for drinking as a tonic. They suggest mixing it with mint tea. Even if you don't like the dandelions, it might be worth making a pot of cooking liquid. Maybe mix with mint tea and add honey. I might be able to choke it down that way. LOL
    Once, my high school friend came over after Mass on Sunday, and she was thirsty...she went to our fridge and took a big gulp right out of the pitcher. She flew out the back door and spit it out! My father was amused. He knew exactly what she had done. LOL

Sam, sparrow and AED like this.
  18. AED

AED Powers

:ROFLMAO::p

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  19. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

Thank you! I am so glad someone else has mentioned raw garlic. That has been one of my go-tos for a few years. I get more scrunched up noses at the idea.

I mince it up, put in cottage cheese or flavored yogurt, or anything which will allow you to easily swallow the garlic.

Yes, if I feel a little off fighting the onset of a cold or I know I'm stressing my immunity in some way, I go with 2-3 gloves a day.

That's what I want to stock up on...not t.p.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    Pray4peace, sparrow and AED like this.
  20. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

My 87 yr old dad is a big proponent of apple cider vinegar.

Byron, sparrow and AED like this.