Virus Remedy?

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by padraig, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Jo M

Jo M Archangels

Thanks for the tip! (y)

Julia, Booklady, AED and 1 other person like this.
  2. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I love the stuff, too:)

Julia, Booklady, AED and 1 other person like this.
  3. AED

AED Powers

My mother used to give us cola syrup for stomach flu. I havent seen it in ages.

4. AED

AED Powers

I have this. Hooray. I got it quite a while ago.

Lumena, Julia, maryrose and 7 others like this.
  5. AED

AED Powers

Great!

Julia, HeavenlyHosts and Jo M like this.
  6. Indy

Indy Praying

Screenshot from 2020-03-08 21-23-27.png

I saw these two in the shop in Ireland, would they be fine to use to prevent this pestilence that is upon us.

Julia, HeavenlyHosts and Sam like this.
  7. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Stock up on flour and milk and you can make your own bread and cakes.

The bread soda is good for cleaning things like your fridge and washing machine. Maybe bleach would be better for killing the virus.

Julia, Jo M, Mary's child and 2 others like this.
  8. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

The bicarbonate of soda is the one to use
    If you are taking a small spoonful in water each day to alkalize your system.

Julia, Jo M and AED like this.
  9. non sum dignus

non sum dignus Archangels

Not the baking powder....baking soda/bicarbonate of soda.

Julia, Sam, Adoremus and 2 others like this.
  10. non sum dignus

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321311#overview
    "People must remember that baking soda can be very harmful when taken incorrectly. In addition to this, research does not support the use of baking soda as an effective treatment for UTIs.

The California Poison Control System reported on 192 cases of baking soda misuse, and almost 5 percent of these were related to people who were trying to treat a UTI.

Most people in this study required medical attention after trying to use baking soda. Some of the complications experienced included serious electrolyte and acid or base imbalances, and respiratory depression.

Also, the researchers in this study warn that using baking soda as a home remedy may cause people to delay medical care, which can lead to worsening symptoms and further complications.

Complications linked to taking too much baking soda include:

• diarrhea
    • nausea
    • stomach pain
    • vomiting
    • seizures
    • coma
    • death"

11. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thank you for letting us know that self dosing with baking soda can be dangerous.

Julia, Jo M, AED and 1 other person like this.
  12. non sum dignus

When people self treat they often over-do it...

Self-treatment with baking soda can lead to severe metabolic alkalosis

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25497637
    Homespun remedy, homespun toxicity: baking soda ingestion for dyspepsia
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18164162
    Hemorrhagic Encephalopathy From Acute Baking Soda Ingestion.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27625729
    Baking soda: a potentially fatal home remedy.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7596870
    Forty years abuse of baking soda, rhabdomyolysis, glomerulonephritis, hypertension leading to renal failure: a case report.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24179353

Julia, Beth B and AED like this.
  13. AED

AED Powers

Yikes.

Julia and Beth B like this.
  14. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

I'd rather drink coca cola anyway :LOL:

Julia, Beth B, Sam and 2 others like this.
  15. Indy

Indy Praying

Maybe I will stick with the Vitamin C and possibly D.

Julia, AED, Seagrace and 2 others like this.
  16. Seagrace

Seagrace Archangels

Can't go wrong with that. Anything that boosts the immune system will help. For me it's Vit C and lots of ginger - boiled ginger, taken as a drink.

Sam, Julia and AED like this.
  17. sparrow

sparrow Powers

Was sent this today in an email - Protective Cross against the plague

PRAY THIS DAILY

• O Cross of Christ, save me. Z. May zeal for your house free me. + The Cross conquers; the Cross reigns; the Cross rules; by the sign of the Cross free me, O Lord, from this plague.

• The Cross of Christ will expel the plague from this place and from my body. B. It is good to wait for the help of God in silence, that he may drive away this plague from me.
    I. I will incline my heart to performing your just deeds, and I will not be confounded, for I have called upon you. Z. I had zeal on occasion of the wicked; seeing the peace of sinners, I have hoped in you.

• The Cross of Christ puts demons to flight; corrupt air; and drives away the plague. S. I am your Salvation, says the Lord; cry out to me, and I will hear you, and I will liberate you from this plague.
    A. Abyss calls to abyss, and you have expelled demons by your voice; liberate me from this plague. B. Blessed the man who hopes in the Lord, and does not look upon vanities, and false extravagances.

• May the Cross of Christ, which was once the cause of scandal and indignity, and is now in glory and nobility, be for my salvation, and expel from this place the demon, and corrupt air, and plague from my body.
    Z. May zeal for the honor of God convert me before I die, and in your name, save me from this plague. + May sign of the Cross free the People of God, and those who trust in him, from the plague.

H. Will this foolish people return to the Lord? Make good on your vows, offering a sacrifice of praise and faith to him, because he is able to liberate this place and me, from this plague; for whoever trusts in him will not be confounded.

G. If I will not praise you, let me tongue stick to my throat and to my jaws; free those who hope in you; in you I trust; liberate me and this place, O God, from this plague, for your name has been invoked in prayer.

F. At your death, O Lord, darkness fell over the whole earth; my God, render the power of the devil tenuous and dim, for it is for this that you have come, O Son of the living God: so that you might destroy the works of the devil with your power, drive out from this place and from me, your servant, this plague; and may the corrupt air depart from me into the outer darkness.

• Defend us, O Cross of Christ, and expel from this place the plague, and free your servant from this plague, you who are kind, and merciful, and of many mercies, and true.
    B. Blessed is he who does not look upon vanities, and false extravagances; on the day of evil the Lord will free him; Lord, I have trusted in you; free me from this plague. F. God has become my refuge; because I have trusted in you, free me from this plague.

R. Look upon me, O Lord my God, Adonai, from the holy seat of your Majesty, and have mercy on me, and because of your mercy, free me from this plague. S. You are my Salvation: heal me, and I will be healed; save me, and I will be saved.
    [​IMG]

Sam and AED like this.
  18. non sum dignus

Just be careful with ginger if you are pregnant, it can act as an aborifacient.

I know a woman who used ginger to combat morning sickness as recomended by an herbalist. She had a miscarriage. She had five other children and no other miscarriages except the one when using ginger.

It was very sad.

Sam, HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  19. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Interesting insights to overuse of bicarbonate of soda. You know people used to use a pinch of bicarbonate of soda in the water when boiling cabbage to tenderise it when cooking. I don't ever remember hearing of a lot of old folk getting all those scary outcomes from eating their vegies. So maybe a pinch in the water when cooking vegetables might be a way of getting benefits without killing the family. It is worthy to note that a pinch is not a teaspoonful. It might be more like a quarter of a teaspoon and that would be dissolved in a saucepan of water, not consumed directly in a glass or cup sized portion of water. Just wondering. :cautious:

HeavenlyHosts likes this.
  20. padraig

padraig New Member

In France they have started Triage. Triage is a French word and was first formed by a Military Doctor under Emperor Napoleon. It basically means sorting large groups of patients in order of importance. A for instance , if someone is going to die anyway they drop to the bottom of the list and maybe don't get any treatment and are left to die on.

They have already started Triage in France. Eventually Radical Triage will be used everywhere.

So for those who are old and have underlying problems like asthma and Diabetes it is important to have your own medicines to hand. If you are on repeat perscriptions order an extra months worth in advance.

Here are some medicines you can store in cheaply. Anyway I advise avoiding Hospitals and GP surgeries generally, they would be death traps. Especially if you are older of have underlying health conditions, I suspect you will be sidelined, Triaged to die.

https://www.healthline.com/health-n...-know#Supplies-to-have-on-hand-during-illness

But Bhowmick said its symptoms are “fairly similar” to the common cold, which is caused by another type of coronavirus. So some OTC medications may also help relieve the symptoms of COVID-19.

She says acetaminophen can be used for fever and body aches. For nasal congestion, she recommends nasal irrigation with a saline solution, or a decongestant such as pseudoephedrine (people with high blood pressure should avoid this) or phenylephrine.

The usual cold/flu self-care recommendations also apply: “Keeping hydrated is of the utmost importance,” said Bhowmick, “and of course rest.”

Some natural remediesTrusted Source may relieve cold and flu symptoms, but Fuller cautions that most of them are not approved by the FDA.

By the way honey is good for coughs.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020