Veil & gloves

Discussion in 'Questions and Answers' started by Joan J, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

I have been thinking today again about the idea of wearing a veil, focusing more on during Adoration. I have also begun to wonder the reason my mom & other ladies used to wear fancy gloves to Mass.

So unfortunate to see such a decrease in dressing special for Mass, even now!!

AED, HeavenlyHosts and Jo M like this.
  2. Jo M

Jo M Powers

I know how you feel, Joan :(.

AED and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  3. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

My mom used to get really annoyed with me when I wouldn't wear hose in the summer. She'd say "you're going barefoot?!" I would wear sandals.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
    Jo M and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  4. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

The gloves I think were in style and in use as part of outfits. But the veil is religious. I veil at the TLM. I don’t veil at the NO but have thought of starting. Once in awhile I see a veiled lady at the NO. I’m kinda chicken.

Mary's child, AED and Jo M like this.
  5. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

:):D

AED and Jo M like this.
  6. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

I am seeing a few more veiling at my more traditional NO parish.

My mom had a couple pair of short white gloves. Now that I think of it, she had maybe 2 pair that reached her elbows. She wore short in their wedding but my grandma wore long. (We still have her picture boards my sister made for her funeral 18 months ago.)

Mary's child, Jo M and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  7. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Tradition!

Jo M likes this.
  8. AED

AED Powers

Me too.

Jo M likes this.
  9. Joan J

Joan J HolySpiritCome!

I just watched "The Secret Still Silenced" re Fatima.

Speaking of tradition...Yes, we do know darn well what the full secret is...portions have been revealed over time. Many of us are being inspired toward it;).:whistle::love:(y)

Whatever we do, never leave the rock of Peter but stay true (as The Immaculate Heart urges) to the True Magisterium.

10. AED

AED Powers

Agree.

Jo M, Mary's child and HeavenlyHosts like this.