Van life & pilgrimage

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by BrianK, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Mario

Mario Powers

Brian,
    You've got the power!;)

BrianK and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  2. BrianK

BrianK Archangels Staff Member

My sixteen year old niece has a cottage industry making custom t shirts. She finally got around to making me my e bike shirt. 95B39AA3-921B-4C97-9AAA-4DCE8DD92D74.jpeg 67BD082A-3F13-4924-BCDB-A74D1BD0C275.jpeg

Ananchal, Mario, Mmary and 2 others like this.
  3. AED

AED Powers

4. BrianK

I got to wear my e biker t shirt today.
    I had a nice leisurely 19 mile e bike ride on the Newville PA rail to trail bike path with a close friend this afternoon. Lots of stops to rest, talk and sightsee.

And numerous various butterflies paced us repeatedly while we were riding, flying between us on the path for a minute or two each, or catching a ride on our shirt tails.

And my friend is just about convinced that he “needs” an e bike too. 97D19905-5DDB-48D1-AC19-B5FF2C5AE7ED.jpeg

Mario likes this.
  5. Mario

Mario Powers

BrianK likes this.
  6. Ananchal

Ananchal Vigilans

What’s an e-biker?

7. BrianK

Someone who rides an e bike - a bicycle with electric motor assist. Because of residual weakness in my left leg from prior strokes, I couldn’t be riding a bike without the electric motor assist. EB003C2E-E6B1-4B8B-A395-4072EFC392DF.jpeg

Ananchal likes this.
  8. BrianK

I went out to the Western Maryland Rail Trail today with a good friend, and we parked at the Big Pool parking area access, the beginning of this paved bike path. He was riding a slick ultra-lightweight carbon road bike and I was on my fat tire e bike. We rode 15 miles west before turning around.

We rode 5 miles back and stopped in Hancock MD for lunch at BuddyLou’s Eats and Drinks and had an awesome lunch, then rode the ten miles back to the car.

So that’s 30 miles on an e bike today, a personal record, the farthest I’ve ever ridden any bike, either before or after the strokes. 3E77F182-3907-480A-994F-0481FD3AD7DE.jpeg BC197473-D6AD-48B4-BC36-07A546D44D7A.jpeg

HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  9. Ananchal

Ananchal Vigilans

Congrats you both look like you had a great time!

AED and BrianK like this.
  10. BrianK

We had a blast, thanks. I think I overdid it, as usual. We stopped at the ten mile marker and he said, “Are you ready to start back?” Up til now the longest bike ride I’ve taken was 21 miles and I wanted to break that, so I said let’s go to mile 15 and turn back then. Glad we stopped for lunch at the 20th mile. I needed a break, and even after a break that last ten miles was like running a marathon. I’m beat.

Mary's child, Ananchal and AED like this.