Urgent Prayer Request For My Father

Discussion in 'Prayer requests' started by Praetorian, Jun 28, 2020.

1. Praetorian

Praetorian Powers

Hi everyone,

I have a very important prayer request to make. Last Monday my father was having a lot of trouble breathing so we took him to the doctor and after several days of testing it turns out that he needs to have a heart valve replaced. His is leaking and it is causing him to have a great loss of energy and trouble breathing. They gave him some stop-gap pills to reduce the amount of water in his lungs and that has helped him breathe a bit, but he will still need an operation. We are taking him in for the last tests this Tuesday and they will put a tube into his heart and that will give them more information.

So if anyone would be willing to keep him in their prayers I would very much appreciate it. Naturally, we are hoping for a successful run of tests and a successful surgery, but I am most worried about his soul. He has suffered all his life with severe scruples and is afraid to go to confession. He hasn’t been in decades, so I am very worried about his eternity. He is a wonderful person and would give anyone the shirt off of his back. I’m not just saying that. He truly is the most generous person I have known, is gracious to a fault, and is very humble. His name is James Flanagan.

Thank you all so very much for any prayers you may be able to offer in advance.

-Sean

RosaryWielder, Jo M, Suzanne and 7 others like this.
  2. garabandal

garabandal Powers

Will keep your Dad in my Rosary at this time.

3. Sam

Sam Powers

prayers for James, Sean. May be you can get him an anointing of the sick before any surgery?

4. Indy

Indy Praying

Will pray now for your father.

5. I will pray for your father.

6. Tanker

Tanker Archangels

I will pray for your father. I will say a rosary for him and ask the Lord to heal him and also to make him ready to meet the Him whenever the Lord should call your father. May the Peace of the Lord be with you and your family Praetorian.

Sam, Praetorian, Mary's child and 2 others like this.
  7. AED

AED Powers

Sean I start praying right now! And I will ask to continue during the night by uniting my sleep to the Sacred Heart for this intention. And praying every day for both of you. I know this is terribly stressful. But everyone here is on the case united in prayer.

8. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Sean,
    I’m going to offer my rosary now for him. Try to get him the anointing of the sick...he will probably be ok with that now!
    Let us know.....

9. AED

AED Powers

It occurs to me that if he would be willing to have a priest anoint him with the sacrament of the sick he might receive some powerful Graces to then make his confession. Just a thought.

Sam, Praetorian, SgCatholic and 2 others like this.
  10. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Merciful Jesus, in Your sweet merciful loving kindness, please extend Your aid to James Flanagan at this time. We know You will never be outdone in generosity, my good Jesus. Extend Your awesome grace to James now oh Divine Healer, so he can see how much You long for him to open his heart to You and get all that weighs him down off his mind.

Grant Sean the grace to comfort his dear father as he faces the next few days and gets the medical treatment he urgently needs. I place James in Your capable hands dear Lord, in the certainty that he is so precious in Your fatherly eyes. Loved as if he is the only child You have. Amen

11. AED

AED Powers

Amen. Amen.

Sam, Praetorian and Mary's child like this.
  12. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

Will most definitely keep your father in prayer. May by the grace of God he makes his peace with the most Heavenly Father.

Praetorian and AED like this.
  13. soldier of christ

soldier of christ Archangels

Will say a divine mercy chaplet for your father for both a spiritual healing as well as a physical healing.

Sam, Praetorian, AED and 1 other person like this.
  14. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Sean, I just got here. God bless your Dad and all of you. God, guide the doctors and nurses. I pray that your Dad will come through beautifully and also that he will be able to get the Anointing of the Sick.
    Please keep us posted.

Sam, Praetorian and AED like this.
  15. SgCatholic

SgCatholic Maranatha

I will pray.
    God Bless.

+

16. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

Dear Jesus please help James want to go to Confession and relieve his anxiety over it--in my prayers.

Julia, Sam, Praetorian and 1 other person like this.
  17. Patty

Patty Archangels

Praying Sean!

18. padraig

padraig New Member

Praying now Sean.

19. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Praying

20. DesertStar7

DesertStar7 Archangels

I am praying.

My mother (80) had same six months ago. She's not in the best of health otherwise, but pulled through okay.

Praetorian likes this.