Ukraine and Propaganda: a sober analysis and a stark warning

Discussion in 'Video Blogs' started by Richard67, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Richard67

Richard67 Powers

A friend just forwarded this excellent video to me. I found it very informative and balanced and would recommend it to the Motheofgod family here. It is well worth watching all the way to the end:

picadillo and davidtlig like this.
  2. davidtlig

davidtlig Guest

This is just such an outstanding video! Thank you, Richard, for posting it. It suffers from only one thing - it is long and in our day, we are not ready to pay attention for such a long time....

Everyone who comments on Russia on this forum should view this video. If viewing it all seems too daunting then view the last ten minutes (from 1hr 10min to the end). Maybe a 'paraphrase' of the video could be, "How easily the world can destroy itself".

picadillo likes this.
  3. Fatima

Fatima Powers

Very interesting video. All that is said here is from first hand observation, now add Catholic prophecy about Russia to this video and you get a very somber outlook for the Ukraine and further European countries. From minute 1:14 - 1:15 we here of a close encounter to nuclear war between the US and Russia. I believe this threat will resurface and be manifested in horrible fassion soon enough.

picadillo likes this.
  4. MMM

MMM Guest

I would suggest everyone interested in world events spend the 1:20 min and watch this. It is balanced and looks at the BIG PICTURE you never get from the MSM. I would go as far as to suggest no one should post on this thread without watching it fully. If you value education/understanding over propaganda you'd be wise to spend such little time. It is excellent.

picadillo and Fatima like this.
  5. Richard67

Richard67 Powers

The part at the end about McNamara, the Cuban Missile Crisis and Vasily Arkipov was shocking and was something I had never heard before. Simply amazing and extremely relevant given the current crisis.

picadillo likes this.
  6. FatimaPilgrim

FatimaPilgrim Powers

Guys, a little perspective on Jerry Kroth, the associate professor of psychology at Santa Clara University (where?). I'm not sure if he's a Code Orange nutter or just the nutty professor but I just wasted 15 minutes of my life watching that video up there and it's delusional and full of paranoid accusations that have no basis in fact. If we were in fact one torpedo away, dontcha think we'd have found out about this before instead of finding out from this You Tube from the nutty professor. Read some of his stuff here at Huffington Post, sometimes it's wise to consider the source on some of this stuff before taking it at face value:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jerry-kroth/north-korea-and-american-_b_3065651.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jerry-kroth/open-letter-to-michelle-obama_b_994565.html

Apparently there's another You Tube he posted "proving" how the mob whacked JFK due to his "sexual addictions" . . . but he's deleted it after being lambasted across the internets for it . . .

Mike and earthtoangels like this.
  7. Andy3

Andy3 Powers

Another thing about McNamara that he did not know until 40 years later was that there were already nuclear arms in Cuba and the whole ship carrying the bombs was pointless global theater since there were already bombs there. McNamara told this in the documentary The Fog of War, which is fantastic if you have never seen it.

picadillo likes this.
  8. MMM

MMM Guest

If you only watched 15 min you missed the entire content of the video. I questioned that very thing about the Cuban crisis also but that isn't even one of the main points in the video. The main point is to highlight the propaganda on both sides and look at the bigger picture most of which is proven fact and backed up by the very sources themselves. This isn't just an opinion piece and if you'd watched the whole thing you'd know that already. Attacking the points in the video is fair game after you've watched it, attacking the messenger before hearing the message is just lame. You are doing exactly one of the propaganda tricks mentioned in the video, lol. :) Peace, no offence intended.

picadillo likes this.
  9. davidtlig

davidtlig Guest

I would add to MMM's comments that to label as a 'nutter', a writer who writes well reasoned articles you disagree with is hardly conducive to constructive debate. The above video (which you admit to watching only the last few minutes) is a remarkable analysis of the current Ukranian conflict and if widely viewed and absorbed by the world at large, would be a step back from a current trajectory that could lead to war between the USA and Russia.

Sadly, mankind chooses not to act rationally due to man having lost the knowledge of and love for God. And thus he is led, instead by emotions fuelled by vested interests.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2014
    picadillo likes this.
  10. picadillo

picadillo Guest

As Ronald Reagan used to say, "facts are stubborn things." Excellent video, just the facts mam ,not propaganda (and believe me, I am well aware of what Santa Clara U is all about). If you believe the good Lord has accepted the consecration, then you would have a different attitude about this situation. The Zionist West salt has lost its taste, and as God said in the bible, "when the salt loses its taste, it's good only to be thrown under and trampled underfoot." We are no longer a Christian people (name one pro-life country that is NOT pushing for same-sex marriage), we have forsaken our heritage, we have lost our saltiness, now only to get thrown underfoot. The Lord also said, "they will throw their money in the streets, tossing it out like worthless trash." The zionist western bankers have sold off all our gold/silver, our money is backed by nothing, soon to become monopoly paper, and they want it back. Remember when masonic/alleged pedophile George H Bush announced the New World Order? Most think his son was some kind of conservative. Shame on any catholic on this forum who thinks a skull and bones member is not aligned with the enemy. We have all been sold down the river and we don't even know it. I am sure the pope is correct in that we are in WW3, I just don't know who the good guys are anymore. Please no personal attacks, attack the facts only. My heart goes out for the Ukranian people who are being used like our boys have been here in the west. They will wake up in their country that has been taken from them through debt.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2014
  11. Richard67

Richard67 Powers

Yep, I agree, the Fog of War was an excellent video.

picadillo likes this.
  12. Richard67

Richard67 Powers

Thank you for that balanced persepective.

I am not familiar with Jerry's other videos but if they are as well reasoned as this one then I am all for checking them out. Someone yelling "nutter" is not going to ruin it for me.

picadillo likes this.
  13. Sorry, but I don't see where this supposedly brilliant professor of psychology is offering anything that people don't already know about the MSM.....we should all know by now that the left media basically get their daily talking points from the WH. But his attempt to make us think that the liberal side was just as convinced about Putin as a Bully as the right is pretty disingenuous, to be kind. Remember, the left's "dear leader" from the very beginning of his "reign" offered Putin our allies Poland and the Czechs practically on a silver platter by denying them our promised missile defense systems to counter a probable aggression against them by their (to the professor's mind) so called "thug" dictator, Putin. The left did nothing to condemn such a policy of Mr. Obama esp. without getting a thing from the Commie in return. Then remember the promise from Obama, thinking he was off mike, given to Putin's puppet, Medvedev, that he, Obama, could be more flexible for him after the election? Now we see the results of this unity with, not the "bully", Putin, but with now just another "reasonable dictator" able to be as free as he desires for his now ongoing goal of hegemony in that region. Kroth also attempts to defend Putin over the independent nation of Ukraine because they "democratically" elected a Putin puppet (even while he acknowledges the election to have been corrupt) and therefore their attempt to overthrow this man was an illegitimate coup....so, automatically they are declared "impure" in their goals and should then not be such a coddled or favored side against the Russian thug. This is a lot of the demagoguery type of "discussion" so often found in unchallenged faculty lounge exchanges.

There is another country that had to go through something similar via the policies of our "dear leader"...for his so called "Arab Spring" in Libya and Egypt which left vacuums for the most aggressive thugs in the region to fill. Egypt also had a democratic election which put into power someone seeming to be a moderate Sunni, of the Muslim Brotherhood, Mr. Morsi. What a shock for the hope filled population when almost immediately the terror began, i.e. the brutal slaughter of esp. the Coptic Christians, burning them alive in their locked churches while attending the funerals of their just murdered relatives. Then came the demand for the most aggressive Sharia Law over the country. Finally, thank God, the military answered the distress calls of the population, and yes, a coup resulted. The Obama regime had been arming and backing $$ for his buds, the Muzbros, while all this slaughter was going on but refused to do same for the saviors of the people, by their own request, casting it in the same light...that it was a coup. By Kroth's reasoning this "impure" state of a new democratic aspiring country should have been left to endure what their original misguided and naive election resulted in. The Ukrainians could now only hope for the same rescue.

The rest of his "rumors" that serve his purpose have as one of their sources, Mr. Kucinich??? And he's surprised that CIA's Brennan is secretly meeting in the Ukraine during this Putin aggression into a sovereign country that is begging us for defensive arms which we have refused (just as we have for the Kurds against ISIS, btw)? Now this is only one source among many that speaks to Mr. Brennan's "personal" Muslim "connection"....as, being one himself. And who is backing Iran in their nuclear bomb program....and Syria? Yep, that non thug, Putin.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/shock-claim-obama-picks-muslim-for-cia-chief/

And the reason there were not that many deaths in the Crimean portion of Mr. Putin's ongoing invasion into this sovereign nation of Ukraine is because the population in that portion is ethnic Russian and put up no fight. Sheesh. Just the easy and tasty ordoeuvre portion of the larger meal. But more than 2000 people have died in clashes in Eastern Ukraine while professors debate with disingenuous spin, not apparently noting that Mr. Putin now has in his field of hegemony vision the Arctic since this first illegal aggression met with no real comparable force. But, Mr. Putin really shouldn't be classified as a thug! And, for crying out loud....while he mentions NATO bases splattered around here and there in the region he fails to let you know, if you don't already, that NATO is completely feckless and broke and not unified; is not now and will not take any action against Putin. This too has been calculated by the Putin thug....to split NATO once and for all. In fact, Angela Merkel has just assured Mr. Putin that even Germany whom the EU looks to for that kind of leadership will offer nothing more than humanitarian aid to Ukraine. The German people don't want to rock their economy since it is very dependent upon trade with Russia and for their energy coming from them as well.

This Professor of psychology should stay within his area of "expertise" (but some of his stuff makes you wonder about those suggestions as well) since he can only enter the arena of the real world by skipping over uncomfortable facts of reality. Such misled propaganda is influencing the suffering of many who have to live with their reality. The main thing you should ask yourself is this.....why did he not condemn the illegal invasion by the Russian Communists led by Putin of a sovereign nation and why doesn't he consider Mr. Putin a thug?? He is absolutely a Russian Commie sympathizer with the U.S., once again, being at fault when just the fact of having our own Russian sympathizer holding the POTUS office any kind of aggressive quality the professor would like to give to America's own past goals are simply neutered by this current regime here....as if he hadn't noticed. Now there are other bridges for sale besides this one!

Mike likes this.
  14. Yes, of course, no aggressive thugs should be seen here, not provoking anything, just a psychological ploy; must not accuse them of being "bullies"....shhhh:

http://freebeacon.com/national-security/russian-nuclear-bombers-buzz-northern-europe/

Russian Nuclear Bombers Buzz Alaska, N. Europe

One defense official said the Russian bomber activity appeared timed to the visit to the United States and Canada by Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko. The Ukrainian leader was in Ottawa for meetings with Canadian leaders on Wednesday. He met with President Obama on Thursday.
    Ukraine is locked in a battle with Moscow over the Russian military annexation of Crimea and continuing backing of pro-Russian Ukrainian militias in eastern Ukraine.

Over Europe on Tuesday, two Bear H bombers conducted practice strategic bombing runs on Tuesday and were met by interceptor jets from Norway, Denmark, Britain, and Netherlands, defense officials told the Free Beacon.

In a related development, Sweden’s military on Friday confirmed that two Russian Su-24 fighter-bombers violated the country’s airspace on Wednesday. A Gripen jet fighter was scrambled to intercept the jets.

Swedish Foreign Minister Carl Bildt called the Russian jet incident “the most serious aerial incursion by the Russians during my years as foreign minister,” Sweden’s news outlet The Local reported Friday.

Russia’s strategic aviation forces have sharply increased flights in recent months in Asia, near Alaska, Canada, and the United States and Europe.

Mike likes this.
  15. davidtlig

davidtlig Guest

Ukraine's government and pro-Russia rebels have agreed a memorandum on a peace plan for the eastern conflict.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-29290246

The above report provides a glimmer of hope for the situation in Ukraine. It follows an earlier cease-fire agreement which has had a degree of success.

I copy what, for me, is a significant paragraph from the above report:

The deal was reached after late-night talks between representatives of Ukraine, Russia, eastern separatists and the Organisation for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE).

Note the absence of USA and EU politicians!

picadillo likes this.
  16. This appears to be a territorial substitute for the UN. We have to be careful about any large, non national, solution especially when one group presently holds all the cards and that group isn't seen as anything but using those cards to make those dependent upon them economically and for energy squirm to their tune. We can sorta get the gist of this being just another type of organization of this kind to "solve problems" like a survival discussion group from those with politicized agendas....like the "economic and environmentally concerned". One very happy endorser for the group's "openness" is here: ILGA: Equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex people in Europe

ILGA-Europe’s advocacy at the OSCE
    Find in this section resources related to hate crime and information on ILGA-Europe's advocacy work at the OSCE - Organization for Security and Co-orperation in Europe.

http://www.ilga-europe.org/home/guide_europe/osce/ilga_europe_and_osce

(Just one example) Events at the OSCE
    ILGA-Europe organises or participates in side-events on LGBT rights at the OSCE Human Dimension and Implementation Meetings (HDIM). Find more information on the various events in the OSCE in this section.

So, when there is yet another solution that will "bring people together" but also surrenders to the current PC politicized agendas "permitted" by those who in the end only have their own global self interest in mind....esp. when the participants on the whole are de-Christianized countries for the most part....we must keep in mind NWO; spoils to the powerful and controlling money interests! As our Lady says....no human leader these days can be relied upon for our world's answers...only turning back to her Son; conversion; prayer; fasting.

17. Mario

Mario Powers

We live in a global society. We necessarily should support human efforts for peace, but yes, to ignore the counsel of the Holy Spirit translates into failed initiatives. Let us turn to the Two Hearts to help unveil and bring about Heaven's peace plan.

Psalm 2:1 Why are the nations in an uproar And the peoples devising a vain thing? 2 The kings of the earth take their stand And the rulers take counsel together Against the Lord and against His Anointed , saying, 3 "Let us tear their fetters apart And cast away their cords from us!" 4 He who sits in the heavens laughs, The Lord scoffs at them. 5 Then He will speak to them in His anger And terrify them in His fury, saying, 6 "But as for Me, I have installed My King Upon Zion, My holy mountain."

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  18. picadillo

picadillo Guest

Reason being they are the ones who want a war with Russia!

19. picadillo

picadillo Guest

Does anybody on this board disagree with this conclusion? The Russian people are awake and see what is really going on geo-politically in the world.

[​IMG]
    45% Of Russians Believe Shadowy Group Controls Humanity
    September 19, 2014

(Moscow) “The world is run by some sort of overarching entity that pulls the strings in governments around the globe” is a statement nearly half of Russians would agree with, a state-run pollster revealed Wednesday.

The Russian Public Opinion Research Center found that 45 percent of Russians believe in the existence of an omnipotent force that lords over state governments, controlling the affairs of humanity. Only one-third of the population expressly rejects this hypothesis, while another 23 percent of Russians remain undecided, according to the survey.

The research center also revealed that individuals with higher levels of education and enviable salaries were more likely to embrace such theories than their less-educated, lower-earning counterparts.

Among those who believe in the existence of such an impalpable entity, 22 percent think it is composed of oligarchs and prominent business leaders from around the globe. Another 6 percent believe it is run by the United States.

Yet more than half of those who believe in the entity’s existence are unable to identify who — or what — it is comprised of. Respondents to the survey listed “Jews,” “masons” and “Great Britain,” as among the groups that may be secretly running the show.

The survey also showed that 48 percent of those who believe in the existence of this global force are uncertain about its primary motive, or the reason for its existence.

Another 32 percent of those who believe in its existence think that its goal lies in world domination, while 10 percent said its aim is to enrich a select number of people.

The survey was conducted in late August among 1,600 adults from across 42 Russian regions. The statistical margin of error did not exceed 3.4 percent.