Trump Selects Amy Coney Barrett to Fill Ginsburg’s Seat on the Supreme Court

Discussion in 'The Spirit of the USA' started by non sum dignus, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Dolours

Dolours Powers

I'm not convinced that students qualifying for aid is a sign that they or their parents are poor. I recall one of my own relatives whose father had an ordinary job. She was flabbergasted to discover that she was the only person among a large group of friends who didn't qualify for a grant (this was before the system was changed in Ireland). All those friends came from well heeled families but their parents weren't working in regular jobs.

At least you have Catholic colleges in the US. They can be improved, and probably would be if a Pope were willing to face down the Jesuits. Pope St. John Paul started to do that but didn't see it through, presumably due to the intervention by Cardinal Martini (of St. Gallen Mafia fame or infamy). It's a pity that Fr. Hessburgh was a close personal friend of Pope Paul V1, otherwise he and his cohorts might well have been excommunicated, as they should have been. For all his academic achievements, he was dazzled by the Rockefellers. I suppose that even the most learned people can suffer from a deep rooted inferiority complex.

2. Advocata Nostra

Advocata Nostra Archangels

It’s in their eyes. In person, I’d have to turn away, I suppose.

HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.
  3. Dolours

Dolours Powers

There are baptised Catholics (including Bishops) who are fully on board with Ms Feinstein. That's far more concerning for Catholics than the bigotry of an apostate Jew.

HeavenlyHosts, Sam, Jo M and 3 others like this.
  4. padraig

padraig New Member

Yes the Moral Teaching of the Church is that when the best go bad they become the worst.

Bad or Apostate Catholics are the very worst there is. Apostate or bad Catholic clergy are Demons walking the Earth.

[​IMG]

HeavenlyHosts, Sam, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  5. picadillo

picadillo Powers

Hi Dolours. Just love your posts. Yesterday I signed a lifesite news petition urging the uscc bishops to publicly come out and support Amy Coney Barrett for the Supreme Court. Amazing, we have to even petition these "catholic" bishops to support this beautiful pro-life catholic woman. Incredible!

HeavenlyHosts, Jo M and AED like this.
  6. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Thank you. It's understandable that the Bishops don't come out and say that they support Amy Coney Barrett for the Supreme Court. That would look like they were trying to put pressure on the Catholic Senators and could be counter-productive. Letting Biden use his "devout" Catholicism and friendship with the Pope to get himself elected is a different matter. Their failure to admonish him is a disgrace, and a scandal before the whole world. Of course, they have a track record of turning a blind eye to Catholics misrepresenting the Faith. Shame on them.

7. AED

AED Powers

Yep.

Mary's child and HeavenlyHosts like this.
  8. AED

AED Powers

Yes. Exactly.

9. AED

AED Powers

Truth!

10. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

It is interesting others here feel Ruth Ginsberg RIP and Feinstein seem to give off evil vibes even in the photos, because they give me the creeps.

But Nancy Pelosi seems to be as mad as a hatter. She seems to throw temper tantrums like an adolescent. She is not even funny, she is sad.

11. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

An essay from Slate magazine appeared in one of my news feeds this morning: "Oh Good, Dianne Feinstein Concluded the Barrett Hearings by Giving a Maskless Lindsey Graham a Hug." If you click on the link, keep in mind that this person HATES ACB and is really p*ssed off that Feinstein didn't end the hearings by pulling out a baseball bat and beating ACB's head to a bloody pulp. (Just remember what the tee-shirt says: "Don't piss off old people. The older you get, the less 'life in prison' is a deterrent.") He is also convinced that Biden will win the election in 3 weeks. When (not if ) that happens, he thinks the very first thing Biden should do is appoint Feinstein to an ambassadorship, ANY ambassadorship, since she would then have to resign from the House and her leadership of the Judiciary committee would end.

I think Trump will win, just because Trump is still packing people in while Biden and Harris together wouldn't fill a high-school classroom (I can refer you to a video from Australia's SkyNet News where a local TV reporter in Phoenix was standing outside a Biden/Harris event to report on the action, except there wasn't any action to report on.) When he wins, I, too, think he should promote her sideways to an ambassadorship. Maybe to Ireland, or Malta.

Mary's child and AED like this.
  12. Dolours

Dolours Powers

No thanks. We have enough troubles of our own. Haiti would be the perfect place for her. Failing that, any country with a name ending in "istan".

Tanker, Te Deum, Mary's child and 2 others like this.
  13. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

Here's an example. It's not the video I mentioned in my last post, but it shows what I mean. Notice the cameraman NEVER moves around to get shots of the crowd. That and the sounds reverberating around the plaza show how empty it is. Also, the sparse applause shows how few people are there.

14. Muzhik

Muzhik Powers

No, it has to be a country that's nominally Catholic but not so "orthodox" as to make her uncomfortable.

I know! Australia! She could then provide support and advice to the government of Victoria state on keeping the population in lock-down without letting too many starve!

Mary's child and AED like this.
  15. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Germany then. On second thoughts, they would make her a Bishop.

Mario and AED like this.
  16. padraig

padraig New Member

I hear one newspaper ran a really, really nasty piece blaming Amy's children for spreading the virus at her school. Attacking her children. There seems to be just no depths....

17. AED

AED Powers

No there is no bottom to these bottom feeders. Just wait. The next weeks are going to be vicious beyond telling.

Tanker, padraig and Jo M like this.
  18. padraig

padraig New Member

There is an old French saying,
    'Beware that in fighting the monster that you do not become the monster'.

So many people have lost any sense of a bottom line dictated by ordinary human decency.

Tanker, Jo M, HeavenlyHosts and 2 others like this.
  19. AED

AED Powers

Exactly. That old French saying reminds me of a quote by Nietzche.
    "Be careful not to stare too long into the Abyss. The abyss may be staring back at you."

Tanker, Jo M, HeavenlyHosts and 2 others like this.
  20. padraig

padraig New Member

Te Deum and AED like this.