Tragic death of Zippy-Catholic, RIP

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DeGaulle, Sep 22, 2018.

1. DeGaulle

DeGaulle Powers

Sadly, the great and impeccably orthodox Catholic blogger, Zippy-Catholic, aka Matthew, has been killed in a car accident in recent days. He was a first rank mind and a really moral man. A Catholic of the first order who always got to the absolute core of any issue. He is a great loss to our faith here on this Earth. I post this because some here may have been familiar with his blog or some of the many fine interventions he made in other people's blogs. I wish to offer my sympathies and condolences to his wife and family. May the Lord have mercy on him.

2. AED

AED Powers

I am so sorry! We can’t afford to lose people like this. But God never makes a mistake so...still I hate to lose good warrior Catholic communicators.

3. gracia

gracia Archangels

I'm so sorry for him and his loved ones. Prayers for them! I didn't know of his blog, but I agree, it is always sad to loose a bright, beloved thinker.

4. Don_D

Don_D ¡Viva Cristo Rey!

Oh no I just saw this thread and realized who this was. For some reason I glossed right past it yesterday. What a huge loss for his family, for us, and for all those who seek unvarnished truth in the darkness of this world. I have read this blog off and on since I became interested in becoming a Catholic and it inspired me especially due to the nature of his posts shining an illuminating light on a world so full of confusion.

He will be sorely missed.

5. padraig

padraig Powers

6. Mario

Mario Powers

You, O Lord, know the day and the hour. I pray for this gentleman entrusting him into Your merciful embrace!

Safe in the Refuge of the Immaculate Heart!

DeGaulle, Mary's child, AED and 3 others like this.
  7. Mary's child

Mary's child Powers

May the glory of God shine through his works, prayers for a restful peace Matthew. Please pray for our strength in God.

AED, DeGaulle and gracia like this.