Time to tighten belts?

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by Lee, Jun 19, 2008.

1. Lee

Lee Principalities

2. Mario

Mario Powers

Credit...what credit?

Lee,

Bankers keep trying to sweep this problem under the rug, but it keeps popping up its ugly head. I read at the beginning of the week that a regional bank in Ohio was experiencing a serious downturn. Geralyn and I are still putting some cash aside for that rainy day when the bank door may be locked. What can we do? Take some basic precautions and TRUST IN GOD!

Ps 42 As the hart longs for flowing streams, so longs my soul for thee, O God! My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I come and behold the face of God...

Lee, the time will come when I'll retire this weary body, embrace my Lord, and fall down in worship. Until then, our journey passes through an exile of tears and the valley of the shadow of death. It's good to have some company, though! :D Keep pluggin' away! LOL!

3. Catholic

Catholic New Member

Collapse

All depressions we've seen have one thing in common - a reckless extension of credit beforehand. We've seen the reckless extensions of credit through the US banking industry, and elsewhere, and now we are going to pay the price. Other than the report above, the media either doesn't know, or doesn't understand, or doesn't report on, how bad the economy really is.

Don't want to scare anyone, right?