Time to stand up!

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Border collie, May 27, 2016.

1. I had the following posted on the lough derg thread but it wasn't eye catching enough hence the new thread!

OK guys who's for going? It's so easy to talk about how bad things are in Ireland and the world, and maybe say a prayer or two. But the real power is in the fasting and penance. Who is willing to put their feet on Lough Derg and make a real attempt in turning the tide for Ireland?
    I know it's not easy, but it's not impossible either, all one needs is a reason... REPARATION to the Lord for Ireland! How many members are concerned at the loss of faith in their families, communities etc? This is YOUR chance to make a difference! It may not come again. Can you afford not to make the effort!
    If we can do it together with the same intention it would be great!

Julia likes this.
  2. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

I had seen the Lough Derg post; but am not as fit as I was last year when I did the pilgrimage.

However if I improve as the year goes on, will reconsider making another pilgrimage.

Responding so you know you are not posting to the wind. It is being taken on board here. :)

Hopefully, you will get more responses Border collie. God bless.

Beth B likes this.
  3. PotatoSack

PotatoSack Powers

If I lived in Ireland I would be right there with you! I wish we had something similar here. My prayers will support you!

Beth B and Border collie like this.
  4. I hope so too Julia, my health is not good either, I am on life long meds for 3 conditions two of them cancer related, on top of that I have mobility difficulties, but if I can get to Lough Derg at all I will. It would be great to be in good health but one has to accept what is.

RoryRory and Beth B like this.
  5. Scolaire Bocht

Scolaire Bocht Archangels

I hope to go too if I can, I am just waiting on my foot to clear up from another thing I was on...

RoryRory and Border collie like this.
  6. I have to admit I am a little disappointed at the lack of interest from many Irish members in going to Lough Derg. We have a spiritual goldmine on our doorstep!

But all is not lost, thanks to Bartimaeus, Scolaire Bocht, Dolours and hopefully Julia!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2016
    RoryRory likes this.
  7. Dolours

Dolours Guest

I'm going to drive to Pettigo this week to check out the route. Looks like this glorious weather will last at least until the weekend so it should be a nice day out. I'm thinking of stopping for lunch either in Cavan or Donegal because I couldn't be bothered messing with STGĀ£. Any recommendations for a restaurant or pub with decent food would be helpful. I'd prefer somewhere on or near the main road because my sense of direction is worse than our road signs.

Border collie and RoryRory like this.
  8. Sorry I can't help you out on this Dolours, anytime I went that route in recent years I was always fasting!!