Thoughts on wars.

Discussion in 'The Signs of the Times' started by padraig, Aug 8, 2008.

1. padraig

padraig Powers

Matthew 24; 6-7,

"And you shall hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places."

I see that Georgia and Russia are again on the very brink of war. People on general do not realise , or do not want tor realise that the world at the minute is like a large dried out heathland, one spark could send it all up. Its no accident that when Our Lady appears at Medugorje she did so under the tittle of, 'Queen of Peace' . Neither is it an accident that Our Mother, The Gospa choose this particular part of the world for the most major series of Marian Apparitions in history.The future may be a blank slate to us , but it is not to the citizens of Heaven of whom Mary Our Mother is Queen,

Russia is more and more hearkening back to her imperialist past, she wants to reclaim her past glories as indeed did Serbia during the Balkan conflict, or Germany or Japan during World War Two. The whole area is one vast powder keg.

http://www.janes.com/news/security/iwr/ ... _1_n.shtml

[​IMG]

Pray,pray,pray!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7548715.stm

2. padraig

padraig Powers

3. Rain

Rain Powers

Scary stuff, Padraig. It's hard not to be troubled, especially when I have little kids. I need to trust more in the Lord.

4. padraig

padraig Powers

Yes Deanna, I said to a priest one time in confession that I did not often trust enough in God and he laughed at me!! 'Sure none trusts God enough!!'he replied. I suppose when you think of it its true. I like the prayer, 'I believe oh Lord, Lord increase my faith'.

5. padraig

padraig Powers

In either case I hope the USA and Westen Europe may have a time of grace, yet...but those poor folks in the East.... :cry:

6. Lee

Lee Principalities

The Bastion

I found this in my mailbox this afternoon, keep in mind I've NEVER had ANYTHING like this arrive before.
    Lee

M A R K M A L L E T T

–––S P I R I T U A L F O O D F O R T H O U G H T–––

To The Bastion!

Be prepared to put your life on the line in order to enlighten the world with the truth of Christ; to respond with love to hatred and disregard for life; to proclaim the hope of the risen Christ in every corner of the earth. —POPE BENEDICT XVI, Message to the Young People of the World, World Youth Day, 2008
    First published September 25th, 2007:

BASTION: part of a fortification built into a rock or castle which allows defensive fire in several directions.

IT BEGINS
    These words came to a dear friend of ours during prayer, through a soft voice which spoke to her:
    Tell Mark it is time to write about the bastion.
    Read more… »

All Mark's writings can be found at: Spiritual Food For Thought

Listen to Mark's music on his official website: www.markmallett.com

7. padraig

padraig Powers

Hi Lee,

I subscribe to Mark's blog and read it regularly. I think he is a genuine prophet for a number reasons.It seems to tie in with a number of revelation sites such as Medugorje and Betania ,which are certainly genuine. Also he lives such a good devoted unselfish apostolic lifestyle. He gives so much time to his ministry. I don't know how he finds the time to write so much when he is doing so much else. amazing!!

I was rereading some of the messages recently from Betania and was kinda shocked by how severe the comments on the Tribulation are!! I had forgotten. I notice Putin from Russia has called a ceasefire. But I suspect this is only the first step of many. He intends to replace the old Soviet power base. He said that the downfall of the Soviet Union was, 'The greatest catastrope of the 20th century', while in fact, I believe this downfall was brought about by Our Blessed Lady. The Kremlin, originally was a monastery dedicated to Our Lady, the greatest in Russia. One day after the Triumph I believe a statue of Our Lady will stand over the Kremlin as once the Red Star shone. The Triumph in Russia has only begun, peoplle are mistaken that with the downfall of the Soviets it has been achieved.

I hope all is going well with you, Lee. I can see God is granting you and your family great graces. I think that's one of the great signs of the times at the minute that there is so much grace for those who pray now..also so many prophetic gifts....its just folks don't quite trust them.

I have been on the night shift latlely which is strange but interesting. I am going on holiday soo, far to the south of Ireland to the city of Galway. I am meeting a 93 year old lady who has written several books and invited me down. She believes,,and I think she is right that there is a small evil group of people who control much of what is going down in the world at the minute.

If anyone reading this is living down that way I'd be happy to meet with you to say hi when I am down there.

Well, my dog is giving me a terrible look and wants a walk, I'll call into the chapel and say a prayer for you.
    God bless, deep in the Heart of Jesus and Mary.

By the way, I was thinking of putting a chatroom facility on the forum, if I can, if anyone thinks it would be a good idea??

8. Lee

Lee Principalities

Padraig, I'd love a chat room, what fun to really be able to talk with each other.

I am pinching myself with regard to the graces that I'm receiving from God. It's amazing to me what I've been overlooking or thinking it wasn't real...it's real and I have to pay attention now.

Padraig, where exactly are you reading the Betania messages. I have read THE BRIDGE TO HEAVEN but it's been a few years. Do I need to go back to it? I keep trying to tell my friends about the coming times, friends and family and they all think I've gone around the bend. All I can do is what the Holy Spirit prompts me to do and as we are told, pray, pray, pray.

Tell us too, exactly when you will be in the Galway area and we will lift you in prayer. The enemy would love to see that not happen and prayer will so protect you and your elderly friend.

Please God that you would have a truly blessed trip. You'll have to give us a report on your return.
    Lee

9. padraig

padraig Powers

Hi Lee,

I have added the little chat room to the start page of the forum so we can chat live. When you visit the forum you can see who is online and chat away. I do think anyone can chat , you do not have to be registered.

I found a good site I think it is called, 'The Miracle Detective' who gives links to a load of apparition sites, including Betania. I will post a link if I can find it again.

The little chat room is at the bottom left of the portal page, were the statistcs of page views was.I might install a better one if it is used much, this one is pretty basic..I was surprised how easy it was to install, thank God.

Down in Galway round the 24th.See you all on chat!!

10. Mario

Mario Powers

I believe in God the Father Almighty!

Lee,

The phrases: winds of war and advancing army, made me shutter as I read them yesterday from the above webentry. Though Russia's belligerent aggression concerns me, that was not the main reason. Strangely enough, it has been the unusual weather patterns here, east of Lake Ontario, that echo Mark's Mallett's blog.

It has been a bizarre summer with cool temps and rain storms galore. Recently, these storms have approached our home from either the SSE or the north, rather than the usual WSW, coming at us from areas of large woods. Just the other afternoon, Geralyn and I were out harvesting the garden; suddenly we heard a ever-louder, driving roar coming from the north. In reality, it was sheets of rain hitting the tops of the trees that produced this crescendo effect. Then the storm was upon us and we were forced to make a beeline to the house. The whole thing was akin to your NEVER had ANYTHING like this experience.

At the time, the sound of the approaching onslaught reminded me of the din of calvary charges from movies like El Cid. And so my encounter with the advancing army of the rainstorm seems to harmonize with To the Bastion.

War is horrible with its bloodletting, hate, and conflicting justifications. The innocent are truamatized and killed. Russia is far more dangerous than a mouthy Iran, who, in turn, is proxy to Russia itself. But I rest in these two convictions when I turn my face to the Almighty:

James 5:16b ...the prayer of a righteous man has great power in its effects.

Isa 40:15, 17: Behold the nations are like a drop from the bucket, and are accounted as the dust on the scales...All the nations are as nothing before Him...

May our prayers be righteous before Him as His judgments unfold.

Safe in the Arms of the Father.

11. Mario

Mario Powers

Neat!

Padraig,

I gave the chat room a look. Hopefully, someone else will join me next time. Maybe we should schedule a chat!

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

12. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Padraig
    I would love to meet you. I am in Limerick. I think you are going to see Deirdre Manifold. I have read her book and I was impressed. I am going to Knock tomorrow for the feast of the Assumption. I will be completing my 33 day consecration to Our lady. You should schedule a visit to Clonfert while you are in Galway. They have a special day of healing there on a Wednesday. I think they have prayer meeting on Monday and thursday nights also.

Mary

13. maryrose

maryrose Powers

Mario,
    The weather here has been terrible. last Saturday there was a tremendous blast of lightning over my yard. My daughter was in the house and the telephone was blasted and the back blown off the wall connection. She saw sparks in our hallway. This was followed by torrential rain and the water came into my back hallway. A strange thing happened though the week before. My daughter is getting married and her dress is coming from Spain. She purchased it through a bridal shop in a little town called Newcastlewest. There was torrential rain and the river in the town broke its banks. This has never happened in living memory. All the business in the town were flooded and cars washed away in the river. Her dress had arrived at the shop a week earlier and we were to go back to have a fitting etc. I was afraid to ring up as I expected the worst. I eventually got through and the I was told that the only shop on the street to escape flooding was the bridal shop. The lady in the shop was attributing it to the Child of Prague whose statue she has in her shop. It really was amazing that they were not flooded like all the other business premises. There has been a feature about this on the local and national papers since. It goes to prove that no matter what happens God is with us and not a hair on our heads will be harmed if we trust Him.

God bless
    Mary

14. Lee

Lee Principalities

Maryrose, inspiring story about the dress and the bridal shop. God knows what He's doing, we just dont'.

I'm praying for your Consecration to Our Lady, life won't be the same after it...and you are going to Knock of all places, how glorious.
    I'm so excited for you, blessings abound.
    In prayer, Lee

15. darrell

darrell New Member

Mary, thanks for posting the Novena to Our Lady of Knock.

Padraig, I’ll be interested to hear about your visit and what the lady has to say.

Lee, I’ll join you in relooking at the Betania messages. I have an interesting connection to Maria Esperanza that I’ll share with everyone.

Terry, interesting you talk about the rain there. A friend in Canada just told me about the incredible amount of rain they are getting. Great for the crops, but if they don’t get a break in the rain, the farmers might not be able to harvest. (And Terry, don’t forget you were going to share your son’s thoughts when you get time.)

We are getting more rain than usual here – nothing like the rest of you, but we are well ahead of the average 7 inches a year. It is still terribly hot.

Everyone, I invited a friend to join this forum. She is in the process of possibly converting to Catholic Church. She is feeling a little beat up on another forum, and I told her she would be welcomed and loved and treated gently here, as well as being in the company of other exiles… :wink:

Darrell

16. Lee

Lee Principalities

to the Bastion, part II

To The Bastion! — Part II

The words in Part I and II of "To The Bastion!" are as relevant, if not more so, than the day they were written. Let us pray for one another without ceasing as the battle quickens and the Day approaches… Also, please note that many people are no longer receiving my emails because they have been pegged as spam by their servers. You have to contact your server and ask them to allow email from markmallett.com. However, all my writings are posted at www.markmallett.com/blog and viewable at any time.

First published September 27th, 2007:

TWO small trumpets have been placed in my hands which I feel compelled to blow this day. The first:

That which is built on sand is crumbling!

ALL THINGS WITHOUT FOUNDATION

The reason God has taken the extraordinary measure of sending us His prophetess, the Blessed Virgin Mary, is to call this wayward generation back to the Rock, who is Jesus Christ our Lord. But it is more than that. The time is coming, and is already here, when that which is built on sand in our world is going to collapse. "Babylon" is going to collapse, and it has already begun. The call to the Bastion is then, is a call to safety, a call to refuge, wherever you are. Christians everywhere will be affected by this collapse, which is why we need to be in the Bastion. For it is in this refuge of the Heart of Mary (which is intimately united to the Heart of Christ) that we will be protected from spiritual harm.

Let us renew our trust in the one who, from heaven, watches over us with maternal love at every moment. —POPE BENEDICT XVI, General Audience, August 13th, 2008

That which is going to collapse is the works of the flesh which are founded, not on the will of God, but on the pride of man.

Everyone who listens to these words of mine but does not act on them will be like a fool who built his house on sand. The rain fell, the floods came, and the winds blew and buffeted the house. And it collapsed and was completely ruined. (Matt 7:26-27)

It is an interior collapse of those things which are not of God. Thought patterns, assumptions, and presumptions even now are being exposed to the Light. And souls are waking up! We are discovering within ourselves, through God’s Mercy and Light, those things which we thought to be true of ourselves and Him, but are really falsehoods. When you understand that Jesus is purifying you for Himself, to protect you from this imminent collapse, your suffering and crosses should be a cause of joy for you! Christ is taking you out of Babylon so it does not collapse on your head!

THE AGE OF MINISTRIES IS ENDING

As I have written before, the age of ministries is ending. The old ways of "working for God" which are based on worldly ideas and models are being removed. Divisions which have disjointed the Body of Christ will vanish, and there will be but one Body, moving fluidly like an athlete.

Christ is permitting the old wells we once drew water from to go stale. He is drying them up altogether so as to draw His beloved to Himself alone.

So I will allure her; I will lead her into the desert and speak to her heart. From there I will give her the vineyards she had… (Hos 2:16)

He is moving His sheep to the source, the Living Artesian Spring flowing from the center of the New Jerusalem.

And only the humble of heart will find it.

They will find it welling up within their souls, the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity. This is why we must run to the Bastion, this place of prayer, fasting, and conversion. God is ready to pour out a Pentecost upon His sheep, but we must be purified as much as possible of the brackish waters of self so that the pure and powerful waters of the Spirit can flow through us.

At last those governments which are founded upon a lust for power, the economic systems which oppress the poor, the food chain which is corrupted by chemicals and genetic manipulation, the technology which holds man in slavery and distorts his reality—all will collapse in a great cloud of dust which will rise to the Heavens, obscuring the sun and turning the moon blood red.

Yes, it begins.

THE NEW HOUSE

The second trumpet upon my lips is this:

Unless the LORD build the house, they labor in vain who build. (Psalm 127:1)

Through this outpouring of the Spirit, Jesus is going to do a new work among us. It will be Christ, the Rider upon the white horse, galloping throughout the world with His children, bringing about great victories of healing and liberation. Strongholds will be broken, captives will be set free, and the blind will begin to see… as Babylon collapses around them. Yes, do you think we are being sent to the Bastion to preserve only our own souls? No, we are being preserved for the salvation of others, kept for that great day when Christ will scatter us like salt upon the earth. We will be poured out like a libation, an offering to the Father that will conquer and claim a multitude of souls who were otherwise heading for the fires of Hell. And we will confront the armies of Hell, but we will not be afraid. For we will see the Great Rider leading us, and we will follow Him, the Lamb who was slain.

So listen now. Lay down your plans. Lay down your schemes. And set your heart to listening. For Jesus is going to instruct you Himself. I sense now, that all the labor pains of the Blessed Virgin Mary, all her roles which are crucial for the bringing to birth of souls for Paradise and the times foretold in Scripture, will come to fruition. As she has always done, and always will do, she directs us to her Son, the Rider on the White Horse, He who is Faithful and True. She says to us now, as she said at Cana, "Do whatever he tells you."

Yes, the time has come. You see, her plan has always been to glorify Jesus—to bring about the Triumph of the Cross. For Jesus is not only her Son, but her Savior too.

"I WILL FEED MY SHEEP"

No longer will Christ allow His sheep to eat the mixed grain of flesh and Spirit. The Good Shepherd is going to give His sheep pure Milk and rich Grain. He is going to feed His sheep with Himself, and anything less will leave the soul famished and thirsting.

O dear Protestant brothers and sisters! I am so happy for you this day! For when you come to believe the words Jesus spoke of Himself, your joy will overwhelm your Catholic brothers and sisters who have fallen asleep at the Banquet table:

Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you do not have life within you. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me and I in him. (John 7:53, 55-56)

For 2000 years, the Christian Church—-yes, from the earliest Apostles—has always believed that Jesus is truly Present in the Eucharist. More than a symbol. More than a sign. More than a memorial. He is truly there, present, among us. His flesh is real food, and His blood real drink. He is calling His beloved now to the pure Source of Life.

I am with you always, until the end of the age. (Matt 28:20)

He meant it literally! The day is coming soon when the Eucharist will be all we Christians have. And even then, the Prince of Babylon will try to take it away. But He will not prevail. He will never prevail.

MAKE NO MISTAKE

Yes, Christ is the Rock. He is Lord and God, and there is no other. Jesus Christ is the gateway to Heaven, the Prince of Salvation, the King of all kings. And so, let us listen carefully to what He says:

You are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not prevail against it. I will give you the keys of the Kingdom. (Matt 16:18)

And again,

You are fellow citizens with the holy ones and members of the household of God, built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the capstone.

And once more,

God’s household, which is the church of the living God, [is] the pillar and foundation of the truth. (1 Tim 3:15)

Christ is the Rock, composed of two parts: His head, and His Body. Is the Rock not on earth then also, if we are His Body? Then where is it? The answer lies in His words: "You are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church." The call to the Bastion is not a call to an abstract conglomeration of souls. It is a call to the pillar and foundation of truth, with Christ Jesus Himself the capstone. It is a gathering with Peter—he, whom Jesus entrusted with the keys of the Kingdom. It is a gathering just like the upper room, where all the foundation stones of the Church waited for the coming of the Holy Spirit… just as now, Christ’s remnant awaits a new outpouring.

But the hour is coming, and is now here, when true worshipers will worship the Father in Spirit and truth. (John 4:23-23)

It is a gathering, not just in spirit, but in truth as well. Yes, the truth revealed in Christ to the Apostles and passed on to their successors will remain. For Jesus said He was the truth. And He is also the Rock (Psalm 31:3-4). The truth, then, is Rock.

Of this I am sure, that your love lasts for ever, that your truth is firmly established in the heavens. (Psalm 89:3)

Yes… all that is ungodly, all that is complicated, all that is dead, and dying, and rotting in the Catholic Church—all that is built on sand—will crumble. And the Lord will rebuild His House, His Church, into a beautiful, simplified, and holy Bride.

And standing at the center will be her Shepherd, Jesus, the "source and summit" of life, feeding His Sheep with His very Self.

Awake My sleeping people, wake up My slumbering nation!! I have work for you !! Without Me you will fail, all your dreams and ambitions will fall into dust, unless you come under My rule. You are powerless in this age. Forces are arrayed against you that you do not comprehend. In Me you can be powerful. Allow Me to lead you and you can do great things; without Me you will be crushed. Stay near little flock, that I may shepherd you and lead you to safe paths, There is much work to do: I require your hearts, your feet, your voices. Healing is needed in these days, victory is near, yet the darkness is now near it’s worst. Remember, I am the Light. Train your eyes to see Me for I will not fail you!" —a prophetic word given on September 25th, 2007 from a colleague of mine with a tested prophetic gift.

How soon and how completely will we defeat the evil in the whole world? When we allow ourselves to be guided by [Mary] most completely. This is our most important and our only business. —St. Maximilian Kolbe, Aim Higher, p. 30, 31

17. Mario

Mario Powers

Ditto!

FROM PAGE 1:

maryrose,

Lee says it best! I hope you link up with Padraig. Though my daughter, Rachel, beat me to your homeland, I hope to visit there within the next three years. Maybe our paths will cross then. Keep dry! :D

Safe in the Hearts of Jesus and Mary!

18. maryrose

maryrose Powers

lee & Mario,
    I had a lovely day at Knock with my husband and I completed my consecration si I am expecting big changes in my heart. I raised you all up in prayer as all of you on this forum have inspired me and helped me to try harder. May Our Lady of Knock less you all and keep you safe.

Mary

19. padraig

padraig Powers

Here is a link to the site, 'The Miracle Hunter'..which gives good information on various sites. Certainly Betania is much, much more powerful a site than I previously thought:

http://www.miraclehunter.com/marian_app ... ssages.htm

But I must say some of Our Lady's messages would turn your hair white.

I have never seen so much rain here, day after day, there is flooding everywhere. I am going to see Dierdre Manifold this weekend Mary , I hope I will post closer to the date and will PM my phone number.

Deirdre is 93 now and has her own private library with loads of old Catholic books; she says I can take my pick of them.

I am looking forward to what she has to say about how the devil is working in the world at the minute.

I was going to suggest going onto the forum about nine at night GMT to meet on the chat room tonight if it suits anyone who wants to ; then if that suits do do it every night at the same time if folks feel like it? Or at least on Saturdays since that is Our Lady's day and most folks are not working. See you tonight!!

Here is a link to a world clock to help things along:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/