Things to think about (ASAP)

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by BrianK, Oct 15, 2016.

1. RoryRory

RoryRory Perseverance

You are amazing.

2. BrianK

BrianK Archangels Staff Member

What a blessing!

So the water from the well flows into your tank in your basement without a pump inside the well itself? Is it an artesian well - “a well in which water is under pressure; especially : one in which the water flows to the surface naturally”?

3. BrianK

Not really so much as just willing to try (and sometimes fail at!) new things.

There’s a saying in medicine:

“See one, do one, teach one.”
    With YouTube we can find videos that show us how to do just about anything. We just have to be willing to try.

One thing I will admit. I’ve had serious health problems and four strokes in March 2016. My left arm and leg were paralyzed. They put two heart stents in my brain and after a couple months of intense therapy they started working again. Thinking about and planning stuff, then trying to accomplish those things in reality, using my own hands, is to me my own form of continued therapy.

I do consider that a miracle, and in thanks I consider it a duty to keep pushing and trying new things, at least in part to share with others that we shouldn’t give up and God is still doing miracles. I’m honestly surprised myself that many of the crazy ideas I get and try to put into practice actually work! And folks have told me they appreciate hearing about these continuing projects as it gives them the encouragement to try new stuff too.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  4. Mario

Mario Powers

Yes, Brian, I similarly have a willingness to try, but honestly, this primarily occurs on a conceptual level. Partly because of personality and partly because of my CP, it is Geralyn who has the trades-person skills to make it all a realty. She's a wonder with plumbing and carpentry, most of which she learned from her Dad. If she gets stuck she'll watch a youtube clip for 2 minutes and figure it out. If need be she'll go talk with a knowledgeable person at a hardware store and come home and replicate the picture in her mind.

5. AED

AED Powers

Wow. Always a great gift to have a "handy" person around. Good for her! (And lucky you:))

6. Mario

Mario Powers

I didn't think that through correctly, Brian. There's a foot valve in the well, which obviously means it opens when the pump comes on. In the same way, when we close the pipe to the water tank and open it to the hand pump, it is muscle action which replaces the electric pump to draw water from the well into the cellar.:rolleyes: No artesian well here.:)

HeavenlyHosts, AED and BrianK like this.
  7. Mario

Mario Powers

Yes, AED. Blessed indeed!:love:

I have my own Josephite!:D

HeavenlyHosts, BrianK and AED like this.
  8. BrianK

Oh, ok, so you have a shallow well “jet pump” in your basement, not a deep well pump inside the well, than. That makes more sense. A pitcher style hand pump (like the antique hand pumps) can easily raise water from that depth.

HeavenlyHosts and AED like this.