Things to think about (ASAP)

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by BrianK, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Sean...it’s not just Ireland.....America may be punishment now as well. It’s no wonder....heaven has been patient for way too long. Gods mercy might have run its course....These poor dead babies are due justice....God help us. Bless you for standing up for your faith and beliefs. In today’s world, that takes courage!

Shae, Julia, AED and 4 others like this.
  2. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

beautiful commentary !

Sunnyveil, Julia, AED and 2 others like this.
  3. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

AED...I really believe it is a grace. I hate tv and most current forms of entertainment. So much is soooo bad.

BrianK, Julia, AED and 3 others like this.
  4. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

How blessed AED!L

Julia, josephite, Jo M and 1 other person like this.
  5. josephite

josephite Powers

Thank you Donna for your prayers. The consolations of Our Lord and Our Lady are so beautiful. In the past I too received these, and I cling to these beautiful sustaining memories.
    I don't know what the Lord is doing with my life at the moment but I continue with His grace to trust in Him alone.
    I hope that with our collective sufferings, (that is you me and all the catholic faithful), the Lord will supply saving graces to ourselves our family and our friends.
    God bless you

Beth B, Julia, Sam and 5 others like this.
  6. josephite

josephite Powers

Brian, I suppose to certain extent I humanly judge the overall sufferings/penance due to mankind, to what the Lord allows me to experience on a personal level;
    This may be a false assumption, if however this is a reality then I totally agree with you that a temporal chastisement is almost upon us.
    I believe God in His Mercy he has alerted us, (the Catholic faithful), to this inevitability, through our personal sufferings, and so He has prepared us for the coming tribulations in His Mercy.
    Thank you Lord Jesus.

Beth B, Julia, BrianK and 2 others like this.
  7. josephite

josephite Powers

Yes Jo M,
    I can commiserate with you,
    A terribly destructive and heartbreaking revelation has occurred within my family too! And each week I am given more details of this infidelity and I am devastated with each new relation.

This is something I would never have thought would have been a cross in my family! nor one that I could have prepared for!

But the Lord has allowed this to occur and we am called to trust Jesus Him in this as well.

Interestingly enough I started saying the seven sorrows rosary daily (in addition to my normal daily rosary), around May this year and ever since this revelation has unfolded.

I watched a video of Fr Rippenger in the last 2 weeks and he explains that once someone starts to pray the seven sorrows rosary, things that were hidden will come to light!
    Because
    Our lady was told at the first sorrow (the prophesy of St Simoen) "Behold, this child is set for the fall and rising of many in Israel, and for a sign that is spoken against (and a sword will pierce through your own soul also), that thoughts out of many hearts may be revealed."

This has indeed happened and I am grateful for this.
    As all uncleanliness needs the light of Christ to shine on those unseemly things that are kept in the dark, so as grace may burst through and the evil expelled! Amen

Beth B, WTW, Sam and 2 others like this.
  8. josephite

josephite Powers

Yes I believe this is a time of testing! much harder than I would have anticipated however!
    Thank you for your love and concern.
    Your prayers are very powerful. Thank you.

Beth B, HeavenlyHosts, Shae and 2 others like this.
  9. josephite

josephite Powers

Thank you Beth,
    I am hoping that my sufferings, when given to Jesus, are actually able to help others.

I know that I truly deserve hell, so doing purgatory, whether here or in the afterlife is a blessing!

Praise the almighty Love and Mercy of Our God!

We all long to see our Loving God. And He has promised that we will see Him if we live by His commands, Oh how Glorious and Praiseworthy is His Holy Name.

But some of us who have truly offended Him in our past must trust only in His Divine Mercy. A wretched sinner has only a recourse to His unfathomable Mercy; simply because we are abject without it!

To put it another way......I know I have sinned greatly in my past, and I have discovered that the consequent of even a small sin, have repercussions that we may not be aware of.
    Lord Have Mercy on us all.

Beth B, HeavenlyHosts, Shae and 6 others like this.
  10. Fatima

Fatima Powers

All have fallen short of God's mercy and forgiveness, but he does not look back any more than we should. We who have been saved by the blood of Christ should keep our sites on his glory coming in the era of peace. I am daily aware of what happened to the 600,000 Israelites when coming out of the bondage of the Pharaoh in Egypt, led by Moses, soon started to grumble against God and that they had it better under the Pharaoh then they did walking through the desert. So God in his disgust of them, made them walk in circles in the desert for 40 years. In the end, only two of those who left slavery entered into the promised land. Caleb and Joshua.

We are on the same journey as they. This time it is over 7 billion people God created living today. He wants all to not look back at what we had, but look forward to the promises of our Lady of Fatima and Revelations 20 that speak of our promised land, the era of peace. In our journey God gave us his mother to see us through and she gave us her rosary as the daily food to persevere into the era of peace. Soon we will not have our Catholic church, it will be underground in homes. Currently it has been altered and more difficult to worship as we used to. It all part of the purification, but we have been given the sacramentals and prayer life to persevere. Hold on to that rosary, wear that rosary, carry that rosary and pray that rosary. It is the chain that will bind the devil and his followers into hell and it is the chain that will bind them there if we pray it like never before. Its all good. Our world will be cleaned. My eyes are on the kingdom of God to come on earth where his will shall be done as it is in heaven.

Beth B, Shae, Suzanne and 5 others like this.
  11. AED

AED Powers

You have described this so well Josephite. This is my journey...the realization day by day that I am much more a wretched sinner than I ever knew (by praying to Our Mother of Sorrows) and yet I have never been more confident in and dependent upon the mercy of Our Lord.

12. Jo M

Jo M Powers

I did not know this about the seven sorrows rosary, thank you for sharing this Josephite. I must listen to Fr. Ripperger's video. Truth... a sword piercing through the soul, but no matter how painful the revelation, the only way to expel the evil.

13. Dolours

Dolours Powers

Brian and Josephite: I don't have words to add to the support others are giving you on this thread. I just want you to know that you will be in my prayers.

14. Mario

Mario Powers

It is important to rejoice in the unexpected blessings by which God graces our lives. Our new bishop, Douglas Lucia, visited our parish and celebrated Holy Mass at our parish last night; I enjoyed the privilege of assisting him. He is so young, just 57 years old; a solid homilist. Our pastor also shepherds St. Mary's in Oswego, probably the most beautiful Church north of Syracuse. When he came to our diocese, Bishop Lucia, contacted the Fraternity of St. Peter, hoping to bring their presence into the northern reaches of the diocese to build a Latin community. But the Fraternity is backlogged with requests and said it will be a few years before that commitment could be made. So Bishop Lucia asked Fr. Schultz to pastor that parish, also.

Well, Confirmation will be celebrated there today. About a month ago, the Bishop contacted Fr. Schultz and said he wanted to celebrate that Confirmation in Latin according to the Traditional Rite, so I'm sure it will be beautiful. It's probably taking place right now!

God bless His Excellency, Douglas Lucia!

By the way, Bishop Lucia shared with me that his parents are alive and both are 92-years-old. When the Novus Ordo began about 5o years ago, his parents would have had 40 years of the TLM ingrained in their bones. I bet they have had a strong influence on his openness. God be praised!

josephite, Suzanne, Beth B and 5 others like this.
  15. Mario

Mario Powers

(y):love::):D:coffee:

josephite, HeavenlyHosts and Shae like this.
  16. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

Here's Taylor Marshall talking about things we should think about in the coming months. From 29 minutes to 35 minutes into the video he is talking about alternatives for search engines, and face book. Interesting.

josephite, Beth B, BrianK and 2 others like this.
  17. Jo M

Jo M Powers

Lots of sensible advice from Taylor Marshall, thanks for posting this Julia.

josephite, Beth B, AED and 3 others like this.
  18. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Ditto. I’m praying for you both and for all here. We have heavy crosses. Probably doing much of our Purgatory here. Wouldn’t be surprised.
    No use crying over spilled milk. We have received so many graces to even “see”. The cross is always involved in our growth. We can’t escape it. I’m not trying to minimize anyone’s pain.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
    josephite, AED, BrianK and 3 others like this.
  19. Mario

Mario Powers

Josephite:

I pray you will be gentle on yourself:

I have mentioned this once on MOG; a wound inflicted in my soul by someone very close, who didn't perceive how deeply his sword thrust penetrated. It produced in me two years of thinking I must of failed him grievously for him to say what he did, though he didn't mention the specifics. And I was afraid to bring it up, fearful that the sword thrust would be renewed and plunge even more deeply.

After those two years I came to see that only Jesus suffices: for his unfathomable, merciful Love will work its way into the depths of all my wounds, and at the best time bring healing to me. Today I can look that gentleman in the eye with no pain, because without his ever telling me what my shortcoming was, the Lord intervened with loving grace. The following verse rings very true for me:

Romans 8: 33 Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies; 34 who is to condemn? Is it Christ Jesus, who died, yes, who was raised from the dead, who is at the right hand of God, who indeed intercedes for us? 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword... 38 For I am sure that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height, nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

20. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Dear josephite...WE ALL have sinned and very few souls are worthy of heaven because almost everyone has quilt. It’s Gods grace and mercy and our trust in His grace and mercy that hopefully will get all of us undeserved sinners into heaven.
    We probably have all sinned in our youth in ways that our maturity in our faith would not allow us to now. If we have confessed, we are forgiven. God forgives and forgets His children...as the father in the prodigal son.
    Whatever suffering you currently endure, then you might be working out your purgatory now, like many others. When we pass into eternal life, we will so appreciate having suffered here. It’s a hard concept to fathom, but many aspects of our faith are embraced simply by faith. All mysteries will be revealed by Our Father at our judgement. Embrace your cross even if you would rather not...it’s likely to be the vehicle to salvation....if not for you, then for a loved one. Christ suffering was efficacious....ours can be too....just make a request to God to use it as His will desires. In reality, it can be your greatest legacy as a faithful catholic. Jesus, I trust in You++++

Last edited: Nov 16, 2020