Things to think about (ASAP)

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by BrianK, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Thank you Julia! Such a long list I fear...thank you!

josephite, Rose, Jo M and 2 others like this.
  2. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Dear josephite.... I truly understand your situation. It’s unspeakable. Your doing your purgatory now and the suffering will be someone’s ticket to heaven. God will use it powerfully in your favor. Your cross is your salvation....heavy though it is.
    Praying for you to be strengthened and fortified! You’ve suffered enough! God please have mercy on josephite!

josephite, AED, Donna259 and 3 others like this.
  3. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

yes....we all need a loving hug!

josephite, Donna259, padraig and 2 others like this.
  4. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Thank you, Julia. I actually felt some very special graces today. Thank you!

josephite, AED, Donna259 and 2 others like this.
  5. padraig

padraig New Member

I suppose that is what the Eucharist is a loving hug. I got one this morning.:) I had a nice thought coming out of Mass this morning looking at all the people streaming out, I thought,

'These are all my brothers and sisters!' A nice sweet thought, not typical of me.:):)

Several people nodded and said, 'Hi' which was nice too.

Did you happen to hear the Gospel reading at mass..so timely and would turn your hair white.:rolleyes:

Gospel Luke 17:26-37 ©

When the day comes for the Son of Man to be revealed

Jesus said to the disciples:

‘As it was in Noah’s day, so will it also be in the days of the Son of Man. People were eating and drinking, marrying wives and husbands, right up to the day Noah went into the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all. It will be the same as it was in Lot’s day: people were eating and drinking, buying and selling, planting and building, but the day Lot left Sodom, God rained fire and brimstone from heaven and it destroyed them all. It will be the same when the day comes for the Son of Man to be revealed.

‘When that day comes, anyone on the housetop, with his possessions in the house, must not come down to collect them, nor must anyone in the fields turn back either. Remember Lot’s wife. Anyone who tries to preserve his life will lose it; and anyone who loses it will keep it safe. I tell you, on that night two will be in one bed: one will be taken, the other left; two women will be grinding corn together: one will be taken, the other left.’ The disciples interrupted. ‘Where, Lord?’ they asked. He said, ‘Where the body is, there too will the vultures gather.’

The father said the ark of Noah is like the Ark of the Church. Our one Salvation, which was wonderful.

Our Blessed Lady is also our Ark, I think.

Thinking of Noah I could not help thinking of that film, 'Evan Almighty'.. Funny how the mind wanders..

Last edited: Nov 13, 2020
    josephite, AED, Jo M and 3 others like this.
  6. Julia

Julia Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us.

It has just dawned on me in this quote, Jesus is clearly saying, there will be people working and there will be people sleeping (two in a bed), which means it will be daytime in some places and night time on other places around the world. So make sure we say our prayers before we go to sleep at night, just in case. :eek:

ps, I hope your new caravan is nice. Maybe it was time you had an upgrade from your old caravan. :)

josephite, AED, Jo M and 4 others like this.
  7. Sean Dowling

Sean Dowling Angels

Keep your eyes fixed on heaven and don't look back like Lotts wife. God with sort and separate, that His job butyours is to keep to the narrow road to be sure of heaven by the grace of God. So many I know have there eyes fixed on Netflix . Nice people. There no heaven or hell just now. They come from a generations whose faith crumbled through relativising morals until they know not what's right or wrong but think self satisfaction is the compass to follow. We need that 'Wild Goose' to blow through this generation. My kids look wide eyed at me when I thank the creator and adore the telly. It's hard to evangelise in a world awash with plenty. I only hope example pays off in the long run.
    Guess us human will go round in circles 'til the Saviour come back yo sort us out.

Julia, josephite, AED and 5 others like this.
  8. Clare A

Clare A Archangels

I'm glad you have been able to replace your caravan Padraig, a special birthday gift to yourself perhaps? Get it blessed and maybe also hang the part of St Patrick's Lorica which deals with attack - including burning but a number of other things. I know I haven't been all that regular a member but you have been an inspiration to me in many ways. I have your testimony which I found on another site many years ago. I sent it to a friend to inspire her during a difficult time. God, Our Lady and the angels keep you safe.

Julia, josephite, AED and 5 others like this.
  9. HeavenlyHosts

HeavenlyHosts Powers

Great insight, Julia!

josephite, Jo M and Donna259 like this.
  10. padraig

padraig New Member

It is wonderful Julia how the Holy Spirit leads people to see some things. You are right of course the, @Day of the Lord', must be going to be a Global event.

One thing struck me listening. Most people hearing this would think Jesus is talking about the End of the World. But I do wonder. 'Day of Lord' might be the time of, 'Minor Judgement'. A payback day , a settling of accounts. I notice the emphasis in the reading on , 'Fire coming down from heaven', comparing this to Sodom and Gomorrah. Well of course Our Lidy at Akita spoke of Fire coming down from heaven too, but not as this being the End of the World but a Chastisement.

I am afraid the new caravan is not an upgrade. But it only has to do me till I retire in three years time and get some money for a really nice one. :)

josephite, AED, HeavenlyHosts and 5 others like this.
  11. padraig

padraig New Member

Fr Hardon said we should throw the TV in the trash can and that the Media was Luciferian. He said this back in '90's. How right he was.

josephite, HeavenlyHosts, AED and 3 others like this.
  12. padraig

padraig New Member

I am getting ready to go to confession Clare. It reminds me of my Spiritual Director years and years ago. He really used to put me through the mill. But I was a lot younger back then, as we get older we loose a lot of natural humility.:)

I was talking to a lady from California a few years back. She told me a nice story. She said she visited a Grade School and the priest was reading the children the story of my seeing Our Lady, she said the little children were listening with round eyes, very quiet..
    That was nice...so touching.

That is one thing I am very envious of people who never met Our Lady and talked to her. They are in for such a wonderful surprise. There are no words. Just total drop dead gorgeous.

Total, total drop dead gorgeous. The mouth drops open, the eyes turn to saucers and fills with tears, the heart leaps like a wild stag, the entire world melts to poetry.

[​IMG]

josephite, AED, HeavenlyHosts and 6 others like this.
  13. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Good words to ponder on....”Keep your eyes fixed on heaven and don't look back like Lotts wife”.

14. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

I’d like to read this myself: re Padraig....

I have your testimony which I found on another site many years ago. I sent it to a friend to inspire her during a difficult time.

15. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Ok...I need to read your story Padraig...please post it here....?

josephite, HeavenlyHosts and Jo M like this.
  16. padraig

padraig New Member

I never really went to any great lengths to spread the story. It kinda took wings of it's own and took flight around the world. I was always surprised that nearly everyone believed me when I told them, including my Spiritual Director. I include A Cardinal and many priests in this, they all believed at once and very readily. The only person who certainly did not believe was my father. But I suspect he changed his mind before he died.

Its so unusual this that so many, many people would believe at once, I expected no one would. Like ducks to water.

17. padraig

padraig New Member

http://www.catholicplanet.com/articles/article88.htm

The Virgin Mary in Prison

In 1981, when I was 26 years old, I was captured by the British Army and thrown into Crumlin Road Jail, Belfast, in the North of Ireland. At the time I was extremely bitter and full of hate, not believing in God at all and very angry at the Catholic Church, which I considered to be pro-British.

But the years of rage and violence during the ‘Troubles’ had taken their toll on me and I was increasingly suicidal. The only thing that stopped me from killing myself at once was the knowledge that it would bring great pain to my family.

One night, as I entered my cell, I found a newspaper photo of Padre Pio, bearing his stigmata, lying on the floor. I don’t know how it got there as neither myself or my cell-mate were believers.

Anyway, as I looked at the marks of the Passion on Padre Pio’s hands, I thought, “The old fool did it with a screwdriver!” But I wondered how he had never gotten blood poisoning and been caught cheating over such a long life.

That night as I was going to sleep, I said in despair, “Padre Pio, go to God, ask Him to prove to me He really exists in the space of one ‘Hail Mary,’ for if He doesn’t, I will know for certain that He does not exist and I can go ahead and kill myself.”

As soon as I said ‘Hail Mary,’ my eyes flooded with tears in rivers, for there, standing at the end of the bed in great glory, was the Mother of God herself. Extraordinary holiness, and beauty, and majesty, and motherliness and love and kindness: indescribable!!

She said, “Now you believe.”
    I could only nod and say, “Yes, I believe.”
    Then she said, “Faith without love is vain. You must forgive; do you forgive?”

Then I saw before me picture-forms of all whom I had hated, while Mary’s voice gently kept asking me, “Do you forgive, do you forgive, do you forgive, ...” as each one passed before me.

She then said, “Now is there anyone, anyone at all, to whom you bear hate?”
    There was no one; I forgave them all; it was as though the weight of the universe was lifted from my soul.

For the first time, Mary smiled, “Now you have faith and now you have loved; now you must pray, for prayer is the food of faith. Pray, pray the Rosary,” and she held a set of beads towards me.

But I was embarrassed and said, “I am sorry I have forgotten how to say them.”
    Then Mary said with great firmness, “I myself will teach you!”
    And she was gone.

Well anyway I cannot tell the joy I felt; it was as though I was reborn. I found it hard to say the rosary at first, but then I came to love it. Eventually, I ended up saying it all the time; the way Mary taught it was not at all as we prayed it as a child. It was slow and thoughtful.

Well, when I left prison I entered a Cistercian Monastery for three and a half years. But I will never forget that night in prison.

by Padraig Caughey
    August 2, 2004

18. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

The Akita video is so relevant now. We must pay attention to the words of Our Lady! I believe it applies to our lives right now...it’s urgent that we take this warning seriously! This is why we should focus on the spiritual and less than on the world....heaven is in complete command of all of this, but our prayers can effect heavens response to us individually.

josephite, HeavenlyHosts, AED and 3 others like this.
  19. Beth B

Beth B Beth Marie

Padraig, your written story and video were wonderful! You are so blessed. I am going to send this to family who have lost their faith. Please pray to Our Lady that she will grace them with a renewed faith through your testimony!

Thank you for sharing this again. Just beautiful....and blessed!

josephite, HeavenlyHosts, AED and 2 others like this.
  20. Donna259

Donna259 Archangels

bump to watch later.....

AED likes this.